What happens when price drops after final payment

stefmo

Usually nothing.

If anything, you may get some of the incentives offered (OBC, free internet, etc) but no price adjustment, IME. Otherwise the cruise could be re-priced at the new lower price for everyone - not very likely to happen.

However, it doesn't hurt to ask.

On our first Oceania cruise (and this is going back 11 or 12 years so take this with a grain of salt) there was a last minute sale on an L.A.-Costa Rica cruise that wasn't selling well. (In this case it was automatic upgrades to a higher level for no increase in price.) We had originally been booked in an "A" cabin on the first leg of a B2B, my mother was in an "E", I think, on that leg but was not on the B2B. We were upgraded to a PH for the first leg (we'd always been booked in a PH for the second leg) and my mother was upgraded to an "A".

However, that was then ... and we had the services of a wonderful TA who did the work for us. I suspect that had we been asking for ourselves we probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere ...

I agree with the consensus that it never hurts to ask.

Mura

Although there are exceptions, the general policy on Oceania is not to reduce fares but to offer more incentives. On cruises which are selling well, the trend is often to increase prices as the cruise nears.

In those cases where the price has been reduced, the others are correct -- you will not automatically get the lower prices.

Although there are exceptions, the general policy on Oceania is not to reduce fares but to offer more incentives. On cruises which are selling well, the trend is often to increase prices as the cruise nears.

In those cases where the price has been reduced, the others are correct -- you will not automatically get the lower prices.

You are right. We have gotten an upgrade in incentives, but no price decrease.

Is there something you can do when price drops after final payment ?

Will Oceania adjust your cruise fare, give you obc, upgrade, or nothing at all ?

Because that ,In my experience has never been seen.... Oceania is not one of the mass market-rubber rate... pack em'in at any...cost

Because that ,In my experience has never been seen.... Oceania is not one of the mass market-rubber rate... pack em'in at any...cost

If you have a good TA they sometimes can get you some OBC to make up some of the difference. We have gotten some credit for this.

• 2 months later...
Is there something you can do when price drops after final payment ?

Will Oceania adjust your cruise fare, give you obc, upgrade, or nothing at all ?

If it's after final payment and you don't ask I don't think anything will happen. However, if you do ask you might get an upgrade and incentives. So always ask, or get your TA to do it for you. I found it worthwhile.