Luggage Tags - size??

I printed my luggage tags but they seem super small (like the size of the palm of my hand).

Haven't cruised in a few years but I don't remember them being so small. Is this normal now?

It should be about 2" x 6" when you trim them. I have holders that I bought online through Amazon and that is the approx. size.

Edited by ken_nyc

Actual size when folded as per the instruction on the tag, thus the actual cruise, guest name entry area and cabin information that shows including the staple or tape here sections, is 1.7 X 11 inches so when folded so the above information shows on both sides its 1 3/4 by 5 1/2 inches.

Trimming the staple or tape section at each end reduces the length to 5 inches when folded.

Edited by robtulipe

I clicked on the "print paper luggage tag" after I did my online check in. It printed on 1/2 of an 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper.

So then I opened up my guest ticket booklet, went to the back where the tags are and printed that. Now it's all stretched and doesn't fully fit on one sheet of paper.

Maybe I should call them...

I clicked on the "print paper luggage tag" after I did my online check in. It printed on 1/2 of an 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper.

So then I opened up my guest ticket booklet, went to the back where the tags are and printed that. Now it's all stretched and doesn't fully fit on one sheet of paper.

Maybe I should call them...

I believe your problem likely is with your printer properties settings.

When you select the print option click on the Properties button beside option box that shows the printer you want to use, then select page setup and make sure that paper is selected and the size indicates letter and the orientation indicates portrait.

We fold ours, then insert them into the holders using a thin metal spatula. It's good to have extra holders, because the luggage people sometimes grab the bag by the tag instead of the luggage handle. If they grab them by the tag, kiss the tag goodbye.

Where can you purchase these tags and about how much do they run?

Where can you purchase these tags and about how much do they run?

CookieDiva,

They have some here. They're marked down to 4 for $7. But I prefer the ones w/ metal grommets at Amazon.com. They're $9.99 and up. Royal Caribbean tags are narrower, but if you also cruise the Carnival Corporation line, you may wish to get the wider ones.

I put mine on my luggage, my camera bag, my camera strap, etc. I also add mine to the carry-ons, because I can never remember my room number.

I believe your problem likely is with your printer properties settings.

When you select the print option click on the Properties button beside option box that shows the printer you want to use, then select page setup and make sure that paper is selected and the size indicates letter and the orientation indicates portrait.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the problem. For whatever reason, my printer was set to "multiple" and when I changed it to "size" it worked :)

Thank you very much! I was going nutty over here!!

I bought the new holders with the metal ring and upon dropping off our luggage, apparantly it got caught on something when loading in the cab and got ripped off and we lost the tag as a result I probably will go back to the Zip Lock Ties, other wise love the new holders because if doing a b2b, easier to switch out the tags.

I bought the new holders with the metal ring and upon dropping off our luggage, apparantly it got caught on something when loading in the cab and got ripped off and we lost the tag as a result I probably will go back to the Zip Lock Ties, other wise love the new holders because if doing a b2b, easier to switch out the tags.

What are Zip Lock ties?

With the metal ring ties, you need to check them regularly, because tend to unscrew. Mostly on my camera strap, since it gets more use.

Last year for my Alaskan cruise on the Radiance, I did "arts and crafts" - laminated mine with my own laminating paper at school (I may have double laminated them, but I can't remember), then punched a hole about an inch into the tag and used pipe cleaners to attach them to my bags. :)

I plan to use the same technique for my upcoming Brilliance cruise.

That is what I bought. I got 8 for $10 on Amazon.

Be sure you have screwed the 2 ends of the metal ring together tightly.

I used MS Word to create Name/Address tags that fit perfectly over the RCCL cabin tags.

Made it very easy to spot our bags at the airport. Once we got the bags, we

switched the tags and put the Name/Address tags inside the RCCL cabin tags.

Reverse process after the cruise on the way to the airport.

I have attached the Name/Address tags to this post. DO NOT change the size (reduce the font size if you have a long last name).

Just cut vertically and fold in 1/2. It fits over the RCCL Labels (if flying), and then inside for RCCL.

Luggage tags.docx

Edited by rluzius

That is what I bought. I got 8 for $10 on Amazon.

Be sure you have screwed the 2 ends of the metal ring together tightly. Thank you for the tip!

I used MS Word to create Name/Address tags that fit perfectly over the RCCL cabin tags.

Made it very easy to spot our bags at the airport. Once we got the bags, we

switched the tags and put the Name/Address tags inside the RCCL cabin tags.

Reverse process after the cruise on the way to the airport.

I have attached the Name/Address tags to this post. DO NOT change the size (reduce the font size if you have a long last name).

Just cut vertically and fold in 1/2. It fits over the RCCL Labels (if flying), and then inside for RCCL. GREAT IDEA, Thank you!

Plus I always do two tags per bag (on on the top, one on the side) in case one actually does get torn off.

GREAT IDEA, Thank you!

You are most welcome! We learned the hard way when the single tag we had on one of our

bags got ripped off. Real hassle trying to track it down in the "unclaimed" area. :(

We always print out extras. Also a couple of cruises ago, we started printing out labels to attach to our disembarkation tags. That way, I didn't have to write out my address with my arthritis. Before, the first one would look o.k., the second not so good, and the sixth pretty illegible. One of our bags with the label ended up in the Royal Caribbean warehouse, and it managed to make it home.

We always print out extras. Also a couple of cruises ago, we started printing out labels to attach to our disembarkation tags. That way, I didn't have to write out my address with my arthritis. Before, the first one would look o.k., the second not so good, and the sixth pretty illegible. One of our bags with the label ended up in the Royal Caribbean warehouse, and it managed to make it home.

Good idea with the preprinted labels! :)