Who's booked the Seaside and More!

TravelinGert

Interesting about the aft balconies because I was told they had not been made available when I spoke to them yesterday. Are you guys aware that booked cabins are not confirmed until embarkation and can be changed by MSC.

I did see this and thought it was strange. I wonder if this happens frequently or is mostly used as a disclaimer if they screw up somehow.

I did see this and thought it was strange. I wonder if this happens frequently or is mostly used as a disclaimer if they screw up somehow.

Yeah sounds like a CYA. There is a lot in their disclaimers that really sounds like more of a CYA than anything else for that matter.

Here is what is added to any paperwork sent by MSC, this is from our Seaside booking.

Booking Terms and Conditions:

The present booking is regulated by the Booking Terms and Conditions. Passengers acknowledge that they have received a copy, read and accepted the

Booking Terms and Conditions before confirming their booking. A copy of the Standard Booking Terms and Conditions is also available on our website http://www.msccruises.com

Changes

and cancellations are subject to penalties according to the Booking Terms and Conditions

Personal Data and required documents / visas: In accordance to EC directive 98/41/CE of 18.06.1998 the company has to collect passenger’s personal data in order to make easier the

research and rescue operations in case of accident.

For your convenience, simply visit us online at http://www.msccruises.com and go to the Already Booked area, then click onto web check−in

and fill in the form online. All passengers (Adults and Children) are responsible for bringing all required documents for boarding the vessel in the country in which they embark.

Passengers must be in possession of a valid passport and any visas or immunizations required for the cruise itinerary. For the latest information and all other questions regarding

Tickets: Tickets will be issued at least 21 days before departure, provided that all passengers data have been communicated and payment has been received.

Cabin number: Final cabin numbers may change till departure date. MSC Cruises will guarantee same or higher type of cabin category.

Dining seating: Dining seating time preference is subject to confirmation once aboard.

Special needs: MSC Cruises should be informed of all special needs via the Special Needs Form, which is available online at http://www.msccruises.com and at all accredited travel agencies. In

addition to the Form, a medical certificate confirming that the passenger is fit to go on cruise may be requested.

Insurance policy: MSC Cruises recommends that every passenger takes out an adequate insurance policy. We invite You to contact your travel agent or to simply visit our website

http://www.msccruises.com for further details.

This document supersedes any earlier issued.

Thanks for that information. Do you know how OBC is shown for the online booking? Most cruiselines show the total per stateroom and right now it is showing half of what I was told but lists both names so I'm assuming it is showing OBC per passenger.

Thanks Dave

Finished up our reservation for Seaside with our travel agent today. Going on Feb 10, 2018 in a Fantastica suite.

I was hoping to get our promo More for Less Classic drink packages upgraded to the Premium package but my travel agent said that isn't possible. We'd have to buy the Premium package outright. I was hoping to just pay the price difference between the two. I like drinking scotch and it doesn't appear that any scotch (or at least decent scotch) is included in the Classic package. Plus my kids would like the free gelato and other stuff in the Premium package.

DH and I just booked the Seaside for Christmas 2017. We booked the YC1 and it will be our first time ever in the Suite Life! We are so excited and can hardly wait for this cruise! :) It will be our first with MSC and have heard excellent things regarding the line. IF we can squeeze it in, we are hoping we can catch the Divina beforehand to really try out the line. So excited to meet some of you super knowledgeable MSC fanatics and learn from you all on the ship! :)

Edited by stp_mmh5

Interesting about the aft balconies because I was told they had not been made available when I spoke to them yesterday. Are you guys aware that booked cabins are not confirmed until embarkation and can be changed by MSC.

I been on the Divina 5x and have never had my cabin changed as well as all my friends, so where do you get that story from???

This is confusing.

As far as I know the YC does not have inside cabins. A drink package is not offered as ALL drink are included in the YC including the mini-bar.

Sounds like you booked the Fantastica or Auroa class.

You are getting a $300 OBC for YC.

Riclop ... See post number 54, copied directly from our five day old booking for the Seaside December 23rd cruise 2017, the part in Red has always been part of their conditions. While many of us had never had a cabin change it does not mean it cannot or will not happen. There have been cases where people have booked a handicapped cabin and been moved which is of course understandable if that particular cabin is required for someone who actually needs it.

Are you guys aware that booked cabins are not confirmed until embarkation and can be changed by MSC.

NOT CONFIRMED? I have two confirmations from MSC ... one is 12 months out, the other is 2+ years out! Where are you getting your information? Are you referring to a guarantee rate (or, perhaps Bella Experiance - which has quirks relating to dining venue)? Most cruise lines offer complimentary upgrades from time to time ... some may do it automatically ... while others ask if they can upgrade you (usually, for inventory purposes). On the other hand, I understand the concept if there is a maintenance issue (malfunction) with your booked stateroom. Similar to hotels, cruise lines typically have rooms available as a cushion for when issues are encountered with staterooms (even when they are supposedly at capacity). I'd be hard pressed to think someone could pay for Yacht Club or a Aurea suite ... then be told they are getting an inside stateroom (bait-n-switch). Think about it ... you plunk down $95,000 for a Chevrolet Z06, but the dealer hands over the keys to a $17,000 Chevrolet Sonic?

Cabin number: Final cabin numbers may change till departure date. MSC Cruises will guarantee same or higher type of cabin category.

This is normal cruise language ... for the very same purposes I mentioned regarding maintenance and/or malfunction. As you see, your post indicates they "will guarantee same or higher type stateroom category." This is typical language for hotels and resorts, as well.

Edited by SDLong329

Go and read post number 54, and if that fails to convince you despite it being from MSC only 5 days ago I suggest you go and read the terms and conditions on their website.

Our booking is for an Aurea Suite on Deck 9 of Seaside Aft.

img002_zpsc56bihxp.jpg

Edited by sidari

Are you guys aware that booked cabins are not confirmed until embarkation and can be changed by MSC.

There is nothing on any other cruise paperwork I have that says the above from either Royal,Princess,Norwegian, Costa or Cunard!

Edited by sidari

Riclop ... See post number 54, copied directly from our five day old booking for the Seaside December 23rd cruise 2017, the part in Red has always been part of their conditions. While many of us had never had a cabin change it does not mean it cannot or will not happen. There have been cases where people have booked a handicapped cabin and been moved which is of course understandable if that particular cabin is required for someone who actually needs it.

Yes if you book a handicapped cabin and are not than it can be changed if a person needs it.

I'm sure the cruise line puts whatever they need in there to cover unexpected eventualities.

I'd rather talk about how great Seaside looks and sounds. Just came across this

630x355.jpg

scale-750x750

Yes I am still a bit fixated on the walkway. Did not realize in the earlier video it was right off the dining area, though. Wondering now did they really think that through? :D

Edited by TravelinGert

Gert ... Have you checked out the renderings thread posted by Mikesa ? I would guess some people might feel as though they are in a Goldfish bowl with those on the outside walking by, no different though to the YC restaurant on Divina.

Last night I booked a Fantastica suite on deck 12. The website only showed 4 cabins between deck 9, 10, and 11. I called to make the reservation because of problems I had with the website when booking the Divna. The Divina cruise is for May, 2016, and the Seaside is for May, 2018. Looking forward to both.

Booked SEASIDE today for January 2018. Yacht Club. Booked it all through the website with no problems what so ever. I did have to call after to get a proper confirmation email sent. The auto-generated email from the booking only showed that a deposit was received and no other details. All in all an easy process and I can't wait to experience SEASIDE! Just a shame it's two long years away! I don't think I ever booked this early before. Maybe for OASIS OF THE SEAS but I don't even think that was a full two years early.

Gert ... Have you checked out the renderings thread posted by Mikesa ? I would guess some people might feel as though they are in a Goldfish bowl with those on the outside walking by, no different though to the YC restaurant on Divina.

In the YC restrurant on Divina guests can see out but those on the outside can't see in.

In the YC restrurant on Divina guests can see out but those on the outside can't see in.

I was going by my experience from walking by on way to restrurant. It was funny to watch people on the outside using the windows as mirrors. They would also put their faces up to the windows to try to look inside.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

You are getting a $300 OBC for YC.

Yep . . . we just booked a YC1 for March 2018. Outside-the-YC all-inclusive drink package wasn't available as a perk, but we did get the $300 OBC. Even if drinks are $10 per, that means we get (each) a couple of drinks per day included outside the YC. More than sufficient.

scale-750x750

Yes I am still a bit fixated on the walkway. Did not realize in the earlier video it was right off the dining area, though. Wondering now did they really think that through?

I think it's gorgeous ... made a similar statement to a group of fellow cruisers who are booked on the Seaside. The Disney Magic (1998) and Disney Wonder (1999) have small area outside their upscale dining room (Palo). I like the concept on those two ships. What I really like about the walkway on the Seaside is that it appears to have a transparent / translucent floor, and also hugs the curve of the restaurant. It reminds me of dining al Fresco ... without the wind or the noise ... while maintaining ambiance!