Who's booked the Seaside and More!

TravelinGert

Booked SEASIDE today for January 2018. Yacht Club. Booked it all through the website with no problems what so ever. I did have to call after to get a proper confirmation email sent. The auto-generated email from the booking only showed that a deposit was received and no other details. All in all an easy process and I can't wait to experience SEASIDE! Just a shame it's two long years away! I don't think I ever booked this early before. Maybe for OASIS OF THE SEAS but I don't even think that was a full two years early.

Hey Ernie. Excited for you. I know you will write a great review and post plenty of photos. Can't wait to read the review.:)

Edited by cruisingator2

Hey Ernie. Excited for you. I know you will write a great review and post plenty of photos. Can't wait to read the review.:)

Good to hear from you! It's been a while. Hope you're well and still cruising my friend!

Good to hear from you! It's been a while. Hope you're well and still cruising my friend!

Doing well and thanks. Taking a break from cruising. We decided to purchase a vacation/eventual retirement home in Palm Springs last year. Took six months to remodel and now we spend all available time out there. 😀 We will be back at sea one day though.

Doing well and thanks. Taking a break from cruising. We decided to purchase a vacation/eventual retirement home in Palm Springs last year. Took six months to remodel and now we spend all available time out there. 😀 We will be back at sea one day though.

Enjoy Palm Springs. I spent many a weekend there when I lived in LA.

Still cruising here. DISNEY DREAM next month. Actually getting married on the ship. Figured it was time after 20 years together! The same day we get married is our 20th anniversary. Then in March the wedding gift/honeymoon with a cruise on Oceania's RIVIERA. First time on Oceania so looking forward to that.

Good to see you still check out CC. I'll probably be here till I die. LOL

Enjoy Palm Springs. I spent many a weekend there when I lived in LA.

Still cruising here. DISNEY DREAM next month. Actually getting married on the ship. Figured it was time after 20 years together! The same day we get married is our 20th anniversary. Then in March the wedding gift/honeymoon with a cruise on Oceania's RIVIERA. First time on Oceania so looking forward to that.

Good to see you still check out CC. I'll probably be here till I die. LOL

Congratulations. That will be two great cruises. We love PS. Having fun with getting the house set up. I keep a photo diary as we go along and update as more is complete.:)

I still read CC almost daily but seldom post. I still try to stay on top of the industry. This new MSC Seaside looks amazing and I'm glad that they're growing to keep the other big lines in check. Competition is a good thing.:)

Congratulations. That will be two great cruises. We love PS. Having fun with getting the house set up. I keep a photo diary as we go along and update as more is complete.:)

I still read CC almost daily but seldom post. I still try to stay on top of the industry. This new MSC Seaside looks amazing and I'm glad that they're growing to keep the other big lines in check. Competition is a good thing.:)

I had a look at your pics. The PS house looks fantastic! It's very mid-century modern which of course is typical PS. Funny enough the same style is very prevalent here in Fort Lauderdale, and all the boys are buying & redoing these houses one by one just like in PS. We are holding off buying because there is still a chance my partner may get transferred to a property in LA, which means going full circle and ending up back where we started together. If that doesn't happen, then I see Lauderdale being where we end up. We quite like it here.

Back on topic, I hope you continue to squeeze in some cruises, and perhaps even on MSC SEASIDE which looks pretty fantastic!

I had a look at your pics. The PS house looks fantastic! It's very mid-century modern which of course is typical PS. Funny enough the same style is very prevalent here in Fort Lauderdale, and all the boys are buying & redoing these houses one by one just like in PS. We are holding off buying because there is still a chance my partner may get transferred to a property in LA, which means going full circle and ending up back where we started together. If that doesn't happen, then I see Lauderdale being where we end up. We quite like it here.

Back on topic, I hope you continue to squeeze in some cruises, and perhaps even on MSC SEASIDE which looks pretty fantastic!

Thanks! We will probably squeeze something in. Enjoy those upcoming cruises.

Booked Seaside on the 23rd via voyagers club. Going on Jan,27 2018 in the Yacht Club, inside room with all the YC stuff. What a deal for a great price.....$1215 pp plus tax and they gave us the drink package for outside YC. Can't wait to go.

We are also booked on this cruise. We are in the aft wraparound Aurea Suite. This will be our first wrap around suite. We are so excited about this cruise.

Have a great day,

Gerry

Booked on the seaside for March 31, 2018. We are excited and booked a suite for the first time ever. Now if shipmate would add it so I can watch my countdown I'd be even happier. Oh well I have four cruises booked between now and then to fill my time and watch countdowns for.

Just booked! Christmas sailing - balcony and inside - with our kids - ages 22/19/16 then....their first sailing on any cruise, my wife and I have sailed RCCL and Carnival. Have also enrolled in Voyager Club with Loyalty Match - waiting for that to happen.

Woohoo!

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked the MSC Seaside. Our confirmation for a Fantastica Suite states -

"Cabin Area 18.00mq - Door .65mt'

"Bathroom Area 2.00mq with shower"

18mq seems small for a suite if I'm converting it right to 193.75sq ft

The odd thing is the website says fir suites, "Surface approx from 302 to 355 sq. ft.

Has anyone here booked a Fantastica Suite and have more info on the cabin? Thank you.

Just booked the MSC Seaside. Our confirmation for a Fantastica Suite states -

"Cabin Area 18.00mq - Door .65mt'

"Bathroom Area 2.00mq with shower"

18mq seems small for a suite if I'm converting it right to 193.75sq ft

The odd thing is the website says fir suites, "Surface approx from 302 to 355 sq. ft.

Has anyone here booked a Fantastica Suite and have more info on the cabin? Thank you.

My fantastica suite says Cabin area 26:00mq - Door 0.65mt Bathroom area 2.00mq with shower.

My fantastica suite says Cabin area 26:00mq - Door 0.65mt Bathroom area 2.00mq with shower.

Thats is interesting. It gives one the impression that the cabins in the same category are different sizes. May I please ask what cabin number you have to see what it looks like on the deck plan to compare? We currently have 10068.

Thank you for your feedback.

Just booked the Seaside for 5/19/18.

Fantastica inside. Online only showing 4 cabin choices & one deck.

Called direct, & got the deck & cabin we wanted.

Thanks for advise to call direct and not to book on line.

My agent told me she had 400(?) insides available to book but yet the

website only gives 4 choices.l

Thats is interesting. It gives one the impression that the cabins in the same category are different sizes. May I please ask what cabin number you have to see what it looks like on the deck plan to compare? We currently have 10068.

Thank you for your feedback.

I took 9208.

I took 9208.

So after speaking with an agent she checks the Fanstatica suites and said they are the same size.

Cabin 18mq

Balcony 8mq with shower

Bath 2mq

So the cabin and balcony equal 26mq.

I still think 9208 has a bigger balcony as seen from the deck plan. Yes it could be an illusion :)

Tomorrow someone from operations will give us more feed back and I will share my findings.

Thanks again.

TC ... checked your cabin on cruise deck plans and they are shown the same as our Aurea Suite at 302 sq feet, as a living area and separate bedroom area.

Time will tell of course if the details are correct.

I still think 9208 has a bigger balcony as seen from the deck plan. Yes it could be an illusion :)

Yeah, I took 9208 instead of the two forward hump suites because it looks like it should have a much bigger balcony.

I may still try to switch to 9002 or 9003 if they are available for our cruise. Those cabins appear to be quite a bit bigger but there is still some confusion as to whether or not they have a balcony. From the renderings I've seen it also looks like 9002/03 only have a smallish port hole window at the front. If they had a large window it would be really cool and a great view.

Hi very excited about this ship. As it is being built in Italy but based in US, will there be a transatlantic sailing from Europe with passengers to reposition this ship. We are doing this on Harmony of the Seas this year and would be interested in doing similar on Seaside but can't find any mention of it. Was at a cruise fair over the weekend and the MSC representative said that there will not be any passenger sailings until late December when it is in US. Can anyone confirm this?

Hi very excited about this ship. As it is being built in Italy but based in US, will there be a transatlantic sailing from Europe with passengers to reposition this ship. We are doing this on Harmony of the Seas this year and would be interested in doing similar on Seaside but can't find any mention of it. Was at a cruise fair over the weekend and the MSC representative said that there will not be any passenger sailings until late December when it is in US. Can anyone confirm this?

I have heard and read the same thing regarding no passengers on the transatlantic. Only staff for training purposes I think.