Drying clothes on balconies

Celebrity Solstice doesn't have a clothes line in the bathroom, just two knobs high up in the shower, too close together to even dry swimwear effectively.

We had a clothes line in the shower in our Conceirge cabin in September. I also hung small items on a coat hanger overnight in the shower and placed them in the wardrobe with the draw closed while the cabin was being cleaned during the day.

We just got off our cruise and hung clothes on the balcony! Just took it down when the cabin stewards came to clean it. We used a travel line and it worked perfectly. Just suctioned it to the balcony and the door. ef51c1a7f1ee115acb6a7d149c8cbc19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We use this inside the cabin by the A/C air vent to dry our smalls overnight.

Quite right...and if you hang them out while the ship is underway , they get covered with salt spray....and its the salt that shrinks your clothes.

Thats why they dont fit you at the end of the cruise.:D:D

Even when in the cabin, the salt air still shrinks them.:eek:

Going out on a tender boat from the radiance of the seas I noted that it was washing day for those in balcony cabins....

Quiet a sight to see a beautiful boat out at sea in New Caledonia with everyone's undies on show.......

Why is this not the image on their brochures?

It is like those ads for Hong Kong, they just don't show the real world.:eek:

I think we've had a retractable ine in the bathroom every ship we've aside on.

Mrs gut also takes a few pegs, pegs he Reg Grundues to a wire Coathanger and hangs them somewhere with a bit of sun or airflow.

Even when in the cabin, the salt air still shrinks them.:eek:

What amazes me most is how tha salt air jumps to the clothes that didn't get a cruise and acts instantly to shrink them.;)

Celebrity Solstice doesn't have a clothes line in the bathroom, just two knobs high up in the shower, too close together to even dry swimwear effectively.

Yes, I thought it was pretty miserable that on a ship that doesn't have self service laundries they couldn't supply a line in the bathroom. I'm afraid we were guilty of having our washing out for all the world to see. Although, when you have washing on your balcony you can easily identify which cabin is your when you are ashore! I figure if the ship can display all its colours when docked why couldn't we!:D

cheers

Stu

Yes, I thought it was pretty miserable that on a ship that doesn't have self service laundries they couldn't supply a line in the bathroom. I'm afraid we were guilty of having our washing out for all the world to see. Although, when you have washing on your balcony you can easily identify which cabin is your when you are ashore! I figure if the ship can display all its colours when docked why couldn't we!:D

cheers

Stu

It's a small thing but it's one of the most widely shared simple deficiencies in the Solstice class.

The Millennium class did and do include the pull out clothes line.

We just got off our cruise and hung clothes on the balcony! Just took it down when the cabin stewards came to clean it. We used a travel line and it worked perfectly. Just suctioned it to the balcony and the door. ef51c1a7f1ee115acb6a7d149c8cbc19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where did you buy that line?