When is next R.Carb. sale? Will bOGO sale be in effect next week?

dptt

I just booked a cruise last night at 11pm to take advantage of the OBC. It was $100 for an interior cabin for 2 people. This morning, with the new "further" sale it's only $50 OBC for the same cabin. So they do change it around some. I hate that I didn't book the other cruise we were thinking of taking later this year.

So it pays to watch the prices and offers.

The marketing department has a goal, and that is to sell rooms and collect a certain amount of money in the process. It's a complete process with much behind the scenes analysis.

When a new promotion comes out, it will be a fresh new way to get the exact same amount of money from you. There is no such thing as a true sale price with any cruise line. Just a marketing gimmick to get you to buy.

I've been looking at RCI lately for this year and noticed BOGO has been applied every time.

No OBC mentioned when I asked for a quote a few weeks ago though [just before Christmas].

It's $200 OBC now for inside/ocean [for Aus/NZ].

In "Devils on the Deep Blue Sea" it talks about how Carnival Corporation hired NASA scientists to try and work out how to best respond to supply & demand of cabins and how to rig sales to maximize profits. It also mentions that RCI tried to hire them away just as they were getting going.

Interesting book.

Point is, the science of maximizing profits via sales, etc., is probably amazingly sophisticated by now.

That sums it up perfectly:D

I agree! It has not been a bargain since the very first BOGOHO first came out. All it is now is raise the prices and pretend they are giving you a "bargain"! NOT.

Keeping hoping they get inventive and actually offer something else, but doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon.

I am booked on a transatlantic in April and my total cruise price dropped by almost $500 today. First drop since I booked in September.

I am in an E1 balcony with three people, so I don't know if it is something with the third person or an overall drop. BOGO was still way higher than my booking, but when I called RCI, they saw a special pricing offer out there, with my same $200 on board credit.

I am booked on a transatlantic in April and my total cruise price dropped by almost $500 today. First drop since I booked in September.

I am in an E1 balcony with three people, so I don't know if it is something with the third person or an overall drop. BOGO was still way higher than my booking, but when I called RCI, they saw a special pricing offer out there, with my same $200 on board credit.

A bit unusual for RCI to drop prices before final payment but the prices on that TA were way high for the past few months. TA pricing drops after final seem more likely than other sailings.