Would You Spend 14 Days on The Fascination?

jh2360

Looking at doing a B2B on her over Xmas/New Year's next year. I'm torn. I know it does not have a lot of the newer things like Guy's or a steakhouse, and is a bit on the older side. I've been on the Ecstasy twice, just don't know how I'd feel about two weeks on a similar ship. Love the itineraries though. So torn!!! Thought about doing the Sunshine then flying from Orlando to San Juan. Who knows???!?!?! Thoughts?

I say if you love the ports then GO...I'm not a huge fan of the Fascination..it feels freakishly cramped to me. But I adore the Paradise which is the same class ship ( NOW EXPLAIN THAT ONE TO ME! ROFL) You won't be on the ship for the entire time so I'd say give it a whirl

I guess it is all a matter of perspective because with a full time job, a college bound senior and a middle schooler to even be having this dilemma is a blessing.:cool:

But, for me it would boil down to whether I was a ship person or a ports person - I happen to be the latter. So, if I was using the ship as a floating hotel to reach my destinations, then it would be great. If however, the ship perks matter, then I would have to say Sunshine - my favorite.

We always go on the Fascination for our second/third cruise of the year, wouldn't have it as our main cruise. Also, I would not cruise on her for more than 5 nights. She is much limited to the selection/variety of food in the buffets, she doesn't have the extras she is perfect for a short cruise, no I would to do a week neverless a b2b on her.

What ports does it go to?

Edited by lyndamr

Love the itinerary. Two days each in St Thomas, Marteen, Kitts, and Barbados I believe,plus St Croix and St Lucia. Figure we'll mull it over for a couple weeks. Either way, we will be on some ship next Christmas.

No, I personally would not even choose to do 7 days on her. She is best suited for shorter cruises as someone stated already. Why they picked that ship to do the 7-day cruise from San Juan is beyond me! I believe Royal and Celebrity cruise from SJ, so you can look at doing a B2B with one of those ships? I think they also have varied itineraries - one of them goes to Aruba and Curaçao.

Looking at doing a B2B on her over Xmas/New Year's next year. I'm torn. I know it does not have a lot of the newer things like Guy's or a steakhouse, and is a bit on the older side. I've been on the Ecstasy twice, just don't know how I'd feel about two weeks on a similar ship. Love the itineraries though. So torn!!! Thought about doing the Sunshine then flying from Orlando to San Juan. Who knows???!?!?! Thoughts?

I would book the B2B on Fascination long before I would on a new ship. The passenger space ratio is much more on the older ships and they have everything that I would want.

I would absolutely do it! I did a B2B2B on the Imagination some years ago (13 days, I think?) and we had a great time. It was one of those odd schedules that happen every now and again where we didn't repeat a single port. :) We weren't bored at all and had a great time. I'm a fan of the smaller ships though - I think if you like the newer ships with all of the bells and whistles then maybe not. But if you just like cruising and can entertain yourselves, then I'd say go for it!

I have cruised on the Fascination several times and I liked the ship very much (I always book a porthole room). The cruises are itinerary intensive which I like, but the fares seem a bit high me, other than that I would not even think twice about not doing it...

If you want a b2b and from your info you're in Florida ... why not look into sailing from Port Canaveral ? It's less than 3 hours from Jax and has a greater variety of ships and itineraries. That way you could have the pleasure of remaining on the ship and not have the air flight expenses.:confused:

If you want a b2b and from your info you're in Florida ... why not look into sailing from Port Canaveral ? It's less than 3 hours from Jax and has a greater variety of ships and itineraries. That way you could have the pleasure of remaining on the ship and not have the air flight expenses.:confused:

Have looked from San Juan to New Orleans. Have already mentioned the Sunshine out of Canaveral, but we are not too keen on the 5 day on her leaving the 26th. Plus, our goal is to be on a ship for both Xmas and NYE. We have it down to either a true B2B on The Fascination or the 18th on the Sunshine out of Canaveral, get off the 26th and fly to San Juan for the 6 day on The Fascination.

Edited by jh2360