Question About Expiring Credit

aimish

Anyone know what should do or if there is anyone I contact about this?

I went on a nightmare of a cruise with RCCL this past February and afterwards I wrote a letter (the only time in my life I ever did this) to them to express my dissatisfaction. As a result of that letter I was given the standard money off of a next cruise.

Because of the experience onboard, my dh refuses to sail RCCL again so I thought maybe I'd take my girls this summer on Oasis, which I have heard good things about. I figure if we have an amazing time, I might be able to talk my dh into giving RCCL another shot!

Last night I looked at the email which contains the credit (and actually read the fine print!). It expires this April! I am so ticked off. We paid a lot of money to go on Quantum and it was awful. My dh and I are not complainers and it was bad enough for us to complain and for him to swear off the whole cruise line! The only reason I was considering giving them a second chance was because of the discount. There is no way we can go before April since we are already going away on the kids' school breaks through April.

Everyone had told me when RCCL made the offer that I should demand a partial refund of our money vs. a discount off a future cruise, but I didn't push it. Am I SOL on this?

I wouldn't even know where to call since I'm sure no one is authorized at reservations to help with this.

I would call. As long as you booked it within the timeframe they "MIGHT" allow you to use it. Fairly certain that there is no way you will get money back.

I wouldn't expect to get money back now. I just want to extend the timeframe so I can use the money this summer. I will try calling them. Thanks

It's book by date. They will extend if you ask nicely. If the first person says no call back or ask for a supervisor

If your credit is similar to the one I got after my "fateful" Quantum sailing, it is not a BOOK BY, but a SAIL BY. However, working with my TA, we were able to use the credit by booking in the timeframe.

In fact, we will be sailing on Jewel this coming February with those credits (not entirely, of course).

It certainly can't hurt to ask.

Good Luck.

Mike

Anyone know what should do or if there is anyone I contact about this?

I went on a nightmare of a cruise with RCCL this past February and afterwards I wrote a letter (the only time in my life I ever did this) to them to express my dissatisfaction. As a result of that letter I was given the standard money off of a next cruise.

Because of the experience onboard, my dh refuses to sail RCCL again so I thought maybe I'd take my girls this summer on Oasis, which I have heard good things about. I figure if we have an amazing time, I might be able to talk my dh into giving RCCL another shot!

Last night I looked at the email which contains the credit (and actually read the fine print!). It expires this April! I am so ticked off. We paid a lot of money to go on Quantum and it was awful. My dh and I are not complainers and it was bad enough for us to complain and for him to swear off the whole cruise line! The only reason I was considering giving them a second chance was because of the discount. There is no way we can go before April since we are already going away on the kids' school breaks through April.

Everyone had told me when RCCL made the offer that I should demand a partial refund of our money vs. a discount off a future cruise, but I didn't push it. Am I SOL on this?

I wouldn't even know where to call since I'm sure no one is authorized at reservations to help with this.

Just curious what your issues were? We were on that ship the night 4 of the restaurants lost a/c. We also were given a credit which we are using for an upcoming grandeur of the seas 1-16-16.

If your credit is similar to the one I got after my "fateful" Quantum sailing, it is not a BOOK BY, but a SAIL BY. However, working with my TA, we were able to use the credit by booking in the timeframe.

In fact, we will be sailing on Jewel this coming February with those credits (not entirely, of course).

It certainly can't hurt to ask.

Good Luck.

Mike

We have been issued 2 credits from RC. Yes I should have said it is a sail by date but both times I just called and asked for it to be a book by date and it was not a problem at all.

One person who knows says one thing, another person, equally in the know says another.

How can that be, that two such wise people can believe the opposite thing.

O, one of them is full of ....

Got it....

10-4

J

If reservations won't honor the discount for a sailing booked now but taken after April, try calling the Crown & Anchor number.

From what I've heard, they're better able to handle issues than the generic customer service folks are.

I left my certificate in the office, but I clearly recall, the expiration date is pretty boldly displayed. I was a tad annoyed at that as well and did book by date for my certificate earned due to my incident with Charmaine the worse concierge in the world.

The last posting appears to be accurate. My friend and I each received an amount per certificate. She had no interest in sailing again, but it is not transferable, even if your husband received one. And booking the next cruise using the certificate will only go towards your purchase amount. So if you received say $400 and your husband $400 and you want to book a cruise where the cruise price is $300 per person and you are taking your child, they will only apply $300 to your portion; you may not apply your husbands to your childs, nor will they apply your extra $100 to the 2nd guest.

I had hoped to apply it to my Harmony cruise, but it doesn't apply to new ships. :( Then I had booked something else, but had to switch due to my work schedule. They were wonderful and actually came back and said they had to charge me $1.00 for 1st guest, so that I get my cruise credits. If it were zero (due to the certificate) it would not acknowledge that I paid anything and I wouldn't receive my nights. Not that I'll ever see Pinnacle in my lifetime, but hey, I want my credit nights.