Nice prices on Liberty 1/2017

Low prices on RCCL website for January 2017 on Liberty. Balcony cabins get 300.00 OBC as well as reduced BOGO. They did not jack up the price for BOGO. Says deposit is 500.00 for 2 but if you call they will allow a deposit of 250.00.]

1/22/17-category E2 1780.86 for 2 plus 300.00 OBC. Can't have Diamond balcony discount but that's ok, 300.00 OBC is worth more than that discount. This is cheaper than what were are paying for Liberty next month. Booked 2016 cruise Spring 2015 and prices have steadily gone up.

Edited by sugcarol

1780 for a Balcony 5 Nights is a terrible deal. A good deal would be a GS or JS for $1,780 (5 Nights).

Liberty is doing 7 night cruises then. Still not a great deal...average at best especially for Galveston.

Look for something under $100 per night pp taxes in for a good deal.

We are no experts, no one can claim to be but, I tend to think that the following prices are reasonable:

$200 per night Balcony

$300 per night JS

$400 per night GS

Regardless though, if you are happy with it that is all that matters. Ive been on Liberty its a nice ship you will love it!

Low prices on RCCL website for January 2017 on Liberty. Balcony cabins get 300.00 OBC as well as reduced BOGO. They did not jack up the price for BOGO. Says deposit is 500.00 for 2 but if you call they will allow a deposit of 250.00.]

Since the schedule has been released, a D3 balcony's lowest price was $799pp., average after BOGO applied. That was in June 2015. The rate now is $854pp after BOGO applied. It's not a bad rate. It's about $130/night for a D3 balcony for a Jan. sailing.

Don't let anyone confuse you as just about every room will have some sort of a different price by the time Jan 2017 rolls around. Book it if you feel good and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Thanks for the comments, I'm not happy that you all think this was crappy but it's a good deal to me, next time I will be sure to consult with the experts here before I book anything.

We also got what I consider a "good deal" for the 1-22-17 cruise! :D

I've been looking at Liberty's 1/22 cruise (and Adventure's 1/21 cruise).

Liberty is a good deal for 3 people, IMO. Under $2300 total with $300 OBC. For comparison, we are paying over $3200 for Allure this February, which we still consider to be a fine price.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Thanks for your post!

Nowadays on Royal......anything under $1800 for two people in a ocean balcony for a week is a good deal. Hopefully that will change when the new itineraries come out in Mar/Apr.

Edited by Beachammo

I'm always interested to see/know what is a "good" deal. I'm assuming that's what I have...7 people in a royal family suite, 7 nights on Liberty, leaving Easter (3/27): $7700 (base price and taxes). First cruise for all, hoping/assuming we did well as recent prices have been close to this for two inside cabins. Looking forward to everything, especially suite benefits! Hoping all goes well, reviews are all over the place, I'll read one "outstanding", followed by "worst cruise ever". I'm thinking a cruise experience is very subjective and with not having any past experiences to compare, it should all be wonderful!

I've been looking at Liberty's 1/22 cruise (and Adventure's 1/21 cruise).

Liberty is a good deal for 3 people, IMO. Under $2300 total with $300 OBC. For comparison, we are paying over $3200 for Allure this February, which we still consider to be a fine price.

We paid $1920 for three in a E3 on Nov 27! With 400 OBC. Which I think is a good deal

What every one thinks is a good price is really dependent on what you are willing to spend. Overall $1780 I would say is about average, especially when I think of some prices of other cruise lines. My parents booked a 10 day on Carnival in a balcony for $1300 - so for instance I would consider that to be a really good price.

I am paying more for the Anthem of the Seas for a 9 day for an Oceanview, so it just really depends on what you are willing to spend and feel you can afford.

What every one thinks is a good price is really dependent on what you are willing to spend. Overall $1780 I would say is about average, especially when I think of some prices of other cruise lines. My parents booked a 10 day on Carnival in a balcony for $1300 - so for instance I would consider that to be a really good price.

I am paying more for the Anthem of the Seas for a 9 day for an Oceanview, so it just really depends on what you are willing to spend and feel you can afford.

Agreed. So much goes into a price. You can't put blanket statements out there, like "$WXYZ.00 is not a good price"

You can get dirt cheap cruises if you are willing to go on older, smaller ships.

The Liberty is a large/mega class ship with new updates.

My in-laws tell me all the time about the insanely cheap prices they can get on Carnival cruises (which is what they sailed on 100% until we we went on our RCI cruise together Dec 2014). When I look at the ships with those insanely cheap prices, I would rather save my money and sail on a nice ship.

Dan

I wish we could find the deals many of you get, but in our case, we can only sail Middle of January to end of February, only out of Texas and we don't like Carnival, that only leaves Liberty. The price we got for 2017 is less than we are paying for 2016, and that we booked a year ago, so I was pleased with what we got.

The best deal we ever got was cruising with my husband 11/2001 and got Celebrity Millenium 7 night for 350.00 pp for balcony, we did have to fly to Ft Lauderdale for that one. Cruise lines were pretty desperate after 9/11.