Join Pete and Judy on their FIRST World Cruise on the Amsterdam

The-Inside-Cabin

Your information is priceless. I am trying to tell my husband your blog is required reading before our 2018 world cruise. :-)

Was there a laundry room on deck 6? I know there is on several of the ships in the same class and there is a space that looks like it should be there, but I can find no reference to it o nHALs website. They name one on deck 2 but not deck 6. Thanks for your answer.

Your information is priceless. I am trying to tell my husband your blog is required reading before our 2018 world cruise. :-)

Was there a laundry room on deck 6? I know there is on several of the ships in the same class and there is a space that looks like it should be there, but I can find no reference to it o nHALs website. They name one on deck 2 but not deck 6. Thanks for your answer.

An alternate site that I use is showing a laundry room on deck 6 in the center of the ship between cabin 6149 and 6154 (Veranda deck) and one on deck 3 (promenade) between 3336 and 3339. I hope this helps. We were on Amsterdam the cruise before the world cruise. I used the one on the promenade deck.

I only got the medical coverage and a medical evacuation policy from http://www.insureandgousa.com/ and it was less than $150 for 4 months. I didn't get any trip cancellation coverage but assumed the risk myself.

InsureMyTrip.com‎ is a good site to compare policies.

How did you just get the medical coverage and evacuation? I tried to look it up and on line won't eliminate the cancellation part. Did you call directly on the phone? Thanks for any info. We have a long cruise coming up and just want these coverages.

How did you just get the medical coverage and evacuation? I tried to look it up and on line won't eliminate the cancellation part. Did you call directly on the phone? Thanks for any info. We have a long cruise coming up and just want these coverages.

Use zero for trip cost. That will give you only the medical and other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just gave me an idea, which is probably worthless, but . . . Can you plug in a trip cost of, say, 1/2, so that the premium is not as high? In other words, plus in only that which you really feel you don't want to lose. i.e. $50K of a 100K trip.

You just gave me an idea, which is probably worthless, but . . . Can you plug in a trip cost of, say, 1/2, so that the premium is not as high? In other words, plus in only that which you really feel you don't want to lose. i.e. $50K of a 100K trip.

Yes, you can insure any amount of the trip you choose. Check the fine print to be sure

Yes, you can insure any amount of the trip you choose. Check the fine print to be sure

I believe that some companies DO require you to insure the full cost of the trip, so make sure you understand the details of the coverage.

The website wouldn't let me use $0 but when I put in $250.00 pp it let me proceed.

Before I forget. Thanks Pete and Judy for all the info and trip reports. I may never get to do a world cruise, but just reading your blog has made me feel as if I were with you every day. Can't wait for your next "adventure"!

Yes, that's where I've used them. Last cruise was on the Westerdam for 35 days in April. They stayed attached the entire voyage.

I think magnets work marginally at best on R&S Class ship walls. I'm pretty sure they did not work at all when I was on the Amsterdam.

Roy

I think magnets work marginally at best on R&S Class ship walls. I'm pretty sure they did not work at all when I was on the Amsterdam.

Roy

On deck 6 on the AMSTERDAM magnets, strong ones, worked on the walls.

Roy

When we were on the Amsterdam in 2010 for a 14 day Alaska cruise magnets in the wall worked fine. That is where we put the map that showed our route.

We collect refrigerator magnets and they have stuck on the Amsterdam, NA, Eurodam, Zaandam, Ryndam, Statendam, Koningsdam, Oosterdam, and Prinsendam. I also stick a magnetic emergency light on the wall as well.

Tim in Burien, WA

We collect refrigerator magnets and they have stuck on the Amsterdam, NA, Eurodam, Zaandam, Ryndam, Statendam, Koningsdam, Oosterdam, and Prinsendam. I also stick a magnetic emergency light on the wall as well.

Tim in Burien, WA

Hi Tim-we're neighbors. I was in Burien yesterday-and it was way too hot!

Hi Tim-we're neighbors. I was in Burien yesterday-and it was way too hot!

We're currently riding our MC around Germany in search of cities associated with Grimm Bros fairy tales. Having an absolute ball!!

Tim in Burien, WA

Pete and Judy. Now that the "dust has settled" after the cruise could you update us on the total cost? I am not trying to be nosey at your actual cost, a generalization of costs would be great. If you already posted it just let me know where it is and I can look it up. I looked at your blog, but I can't find it.

Thanks again for all the reports pictures and "taking us along" we so enjoyed "our" cruise!

Helen

Pete and Judy. Now that the "dust has settled" after the cruise could you update us on the total cost? I am not trying to be nosey at your actual cost, a generalization of costs would be great. If you already posted it just let me know where it is and I can look it up. I looked at your blog, but I can't find it.

Thanks again for all the reports pictures and "taking us along" we so enjoyed "our" cruise!

Helen

I am still working up the numbers. Stay tuned!

Pete ,

I so enjoyed your blog that I signed up for the 2018 World. I'm wondering do you use VPN while cruising to do any financial dealings? If so, did you use it with the ships Wifi or off-ship?

When dealing with financial sites I endure the site is using https and I enter the site URL directly. I have a Private VPN but some sites rejected it as suspicious so I ensure the site is https.....based on my research it appears that if you are certain the site is legit, than https is ok.

We purchased a D-link portable/hot spot router. Apparently we are more technically challenged than I thought as we weren't able to get it running on the Zuiderdam. Do you mind walking us through your process?

Thank you

We purchased a D-link portable/hot spot router. Apparently we are more technically challenged than I thought as we weren't able to get it running on the Zuiderdam. Do you mind walking us through your process?

Thank you

Send me the model number.....

Quick and dirty

Use your computer/mobile to Log onto your D link hotspot first

Open up you D link application.

Search for available hotspots on your d link app

Connect to hotspot of interest on d link

Go back to computer - make sure you are still connected to d link

Open up browser. Try connecting to any site. Should redirect you to icafe

Send me model number and I will check the d link manual.

Hope this link is ok to post. It relates to putting down $0 as the cost of the trip for a trip insurance policy. The blog post below relates that this changes the date from which preexisting conditions apply. Changing the starting date to count back preexisting conditions to your date of departure instead of the date of insurance purchase. It tells you to put at least $1 as the cost of your trip.

http://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/dont-insure-a-0-trip-cost-to-save-money/

Send me the model number.....

Quick and dirty

Use your computer/mobile to Log onto your D link hotspot first

Open up you D link application.

Search for available hotspots on your d link app

Connect to hotspot of interest on d link

Go back to computer - make sure you are still connected to d link

Open up browser. Try connecting to any site. Should redirect you to icafe

Send me model number and I will check the d link manual.

The model # is DIR-510L. We were trying to connect to our mobile phone for the hotspot. But with it being in airplane mode, hotspot wasn't an option. So if I read your directions correctly, we get on wifi with our phone to the D link app, then search on D link for hotspots and icafe should be an option. Thanks for your help.