Feel Free

bronzey214

Too bad it is costing more to "feel free" these days..... This new slogan is going to go the way of Comcastic did for Comcast unfortunately...... You can't add all kinds of surcharges like they did then use the slogan feel free. That is just begging for backlash.

Looks like NCL is changing their tagline from "Let's Go" to "Feel Free" based on their Facebook page.

I didn't watch the video yet but I keep singing it in my head with the same tune of "Let's Go"...

Think you are correct. This is heading on NCL website this morning

Norwegian's Free At Sea

Choose From 4 Free Offers

Up to $1,500 Value

1. FREE Unlimited Beverages 2. FREE Specialty Dining 3. FREE WiFi 4. FREE Shore Excursions

feelfree-logo-yellow-500x80.pngLEARN MORE

Happy 2016 to all the NCL old timers here on CC - this new tagline just ring a different tune to us lately ... As usual, getting those exceptional emails about "Last Chance to Get 2 Free Offers" "Ends Today" "to PICK TWO"

Popping up on "Facebook" too :rolleyes:

Feel Free - oh, yes - of course. Just read the fine prints first, on "Promotional Service Charges" ... the gratuities for onboard crew that are part of the UB and UD package ... will be added to your final amount due.

Feel free to shop around, compare and always look elsewhere - lately, we've (re)discovered some excellent "alternatives" to doing milky runs. Of course, NCL "devoted" - there are, for example, still some last minute deals for those with 2+ weeks to sail, cheaper to sail 14 days B2B vs. the same 7 nighters on the BA this month.

Looks like NCL is changing their tagline from "Let's Go" to "Feel Free" based on their Facebook page.

I didn't watch the video yet but I keep singing it in my head with the same tune of "Let's Go"...

This replaces the "Cruise Like a Norwegian" slogan, but the general principle still applies.

"_____ like a _____" is now "Feel free to _____"

It sort of belies the massive changes that FDR has in plan for 2016-onwards. Goodbye many loyal cruisers, (hopefully) hello to more affluent new ones who are ok with spending more for his new "premium/contemporary" product.

Ah!! The habitual complainers are still here in the new year. Welcome back. Or, please go to the RCCL or Princess or Celebrity line thread of your choice. If you find a cheaper cruise, including specialty restaurants, and your drinks, BUY IT. I doubt you will.

Ah!! The habitual complainers are still here in the new year. Welcome back. Or, please go to the RCCL or Princess or Celebrity line thread of your choice. If you find a cheaper cruise, including specialty restaurants, and your drinks, BUY IT. I doubt you will.

Looking at doing a med cruise for Christmas 2016.

NCL spirit penthouse suite (no haven) $11,000.

MSC Splendida YC, $4300, which includes a 10 % military discount.

No military discount on NCL.

Same week, same length and almost all the same ports.

It is a no brainer to book the MSC yacht club.

Lois

As a NCL loyalist, I'm not impressed with the new moniker because nothing is free about the experience as of late. Feel free to do whatever... how so? All the new ships are so regimented with entertainment scheduling it's a complete nightmare to try and attend a show if you stayed too long ashore. You might not see it at all! Feel free to get unlimited drinks? Sure if you want to pay a higher base price for your cruise fare AND the gratuities on top of it. I just don't see this new promotion working out well. Good luck NCL.

*Gets popcorn* "I just came here to read the comments. :D

The "free" offers are NOT FREE !!!

I agree but think we are in the minority in that thinking.

I certainly don't feel like I got a bargain on my upcoming cruise. I would much rather have a cheaper rate than one of the "FREE" options.

I don't ever remember me paying such a high amount to cruise in the beginning of February.

Bill

Looking at doing a med cruise for Christmas 2016.

NCL spirit penthouse suite (no haven) $11,000.

MSC Splendida YC, $4300, which includes a 10 % military discount.

No military discount on NCL.

Same week, same length and almost all the same ports.

It is a no brainer to book the MSC yacht club.

Lois

That's great!! Enjoy your cruise. We're always looking to make sure we're getting value for our dollar. If we found a cruise with anywhere close to that savings, we'd surely take it. Haven't found one yet, for where we want to travel. Although, I'm not sure we're MSC people. They're trying to get into the US market, but still more European flavor. Not to say they're bad, by any means, just maybe not our cup of tea.

Not complaining from this NCL girl, just making an observation.:cool:

I like the video, too, and I think the slogan make sense with Freestyle Cruising. The only thing that worries me is the guy at the end: he's wearing a tux and a bow tie. I certainly hope NCL isn't considering bringing back formal nights, especially when the whole industry is moving in the opposite direction.

As a NCL loyalist, I'm not impressed with the new moniker because nothing is free about the experience as of late. Feel free to do whatever... how so? All the new ships are so regimented with entertainment scheduling it's a complete nightmare to try and attend a show if you stayed too long ashore. You might not see it at all! Feel free to get unlimited drinks? Sure if you want to pay a higher base price for your cruise fare AND the gratuities on top of it. I just don't see this new promotion working out well. Good luck NCL.

*Gets popcorn* "I just came here to read the comments. :D

I'm with you. Charging more for the same product and suddenly calling it "premium" doesn't make it so. Neither does a new ad campaign. It's just words and no substance. Show me some tangibles. Consumers can be pretty gullible unfortunately so many will likely buy right into it.

I'm with you. Charging more for the same product and suddenly calling it "premium" doesn't make it so. Neither does a new ad campaign. It's just words and no substance. Show me some tangibles. Consumers can be pretty gullible unfortunately so many will likely buy right into it.

With three new ships built, three more coming, the legacy fleet going in for another round of significant cosmetic refits (e.g. $40 million plus on Epic), new menus, and new entertainment, I'm not sure it's accurate to say that NCL is charging more for the same product. It could be effectively argued that NCL has significantly improved its offerings, I think.

With three new ships built, three more coming, the legacy fleet going in for another round of significant cosmetic refits (e.g. $40 million plus on Epic), new menus, and new entertainment, I'm not sure it's accurate to say that NCL is charging more for the same product. It could be effectively argued that NCL has significantly improved its offerings, I think.

NCL has always had cosmetic upgrades to older ships and built new ships as well. Nothing new there as far as I'm concerned. New menus and entertainment is subjective. Some may find it an improvement and others may not. Depends on the menu and what it replaced. The same with the entertainment. New is not always better. All this is just staying relevant and it's the cost of doing business and remaining competitive. Every other cruise line is doing the same, some even more extensively.

I'll add we certainly could put together a pretty comprehensive list of what has been taken away over the last year or so, and what has increased in price. In fact I think its already been done and it was fairly extensive.

Edited by eroller

I'm in Miami and just saw the Feel Free commercial. It is nice..things like feel free to dance, feel free to be happy, etc.

How does it make NCL stand out as different? Am I not free to dance and be happy on any cruise line?

I'll say this. It's better than "cruise like a Norwegian". I never thought of Norwegian's as having more fun so I never understood the concept. Norwegian's are great seafarers and I understand that connection, but they are not exactly known as a fun and carefree nationality.

Edited by eroller

How does it make NCL stand out as different? Am I not free to dance and be happy on any cruise line?

Those were just a couple of examples..point of the commercial was to feel free to do what you want. probably won't make NCL stand out to you, but I thought it was catchy, had good music and showed the different things you can choose to do on a NCL ship.

Being half Norwegian, you would be surprised at how much fun the Norwegians have!!

Edited by NLH Arizona

Those were just a couple of examples..point of the commercial was to feel free to do what you want. probably won't make NCL stand out to you, but I thought it was catchy, had good music and showed the different things you can choose to do on a NCL ship.

Being half Norwegian, you would be surprised at how much fun the Norwegians have!!

Yup I agree with you there. It's catchy and probably effective to attract first time cruisers. Unfortunately once they cruise on NCL they will discover that "free" often times will cost you. Also unless you want to miss out on some highlights, you better schedule a lot of things in advance. Sort of dilutes the "Freestyle" concept. In some ways you have to plan ahead and schedule out your week more than the traditional lines.

I sailed Norway for two weeks from the Arctic Circle on down. Absolutely amazing and beautiful country, but generally speaking the Norwegian's were a pretty somber group. Now "cruise like a Brazilian" or "cruise like an Irishman" or even "cruise like an Italian" I might relate to better. Those are some of the nationalities I associate with a fun loving and care-free people.