Dress code for a one week cruise.

Do I need to take my tuxedo for a one week cruise ?

I know there's two formal evenings but no mention of a captains night.

You will be in the 2-3% minority like I was on my cruise in December/Serenade.

My tablemates wore sport shirts. I would say around 15% wore suits, a few with just shirt and tie. If the ship is warm like some, you will be uncomfortable like I was on Legend back in March, but Serenade had their air conditioning working fine. Do as you as you please. I am not sure the food quality will warrant a tux though, but my tux fits better than my suit so...

Edited by RoyalC

Do I need to take my tuxedo for a one week cruise ?

I know there's two formal evenings but no mention of a captains night.

Are you cruising from the US in the Caribbean or from the UK?

I've found the European departures to be more formal, so if you have a tux and want to bring it, you'll still be in the minority, but definitely not uncomfortably so.

The "Captain's Reception" will be on the first formal night, which is historically more formal.

If you're cruising in the Caribbean, the same dress code officially applies, but being truthful and not wishful, isn't observed as much. YMMV on any given cruise...

Don't be "bullied" either way. There will be 2 Formal Nights. If you want to take your tux and dress formally, do it. You'll see many people dressed in tuxes or suits. If you don't want to take your tux and don't want to dress formally, then don't. You'll see many people not dressed formally. So do what you like. We always dress formally on formal night. My wife enjoys the opportunity to "dress to the nines" and cruises are the only place to do it these days. Me, I'd rather wear shorts and flip-flops, but "if Mama ain't happy, no one is happy." :)

Actually I like dressing up once in a while too. Our group just enjoys it, and we never feel out of place. So, go with what you want regardless of anyone else. It's Formal Night. Dressing in Formal Attire is appropriate. So even if it's only "3%" who cares? It is actually the suggested dress.

Cruising out of Dubai . YMMV ?

YMMV = Your mileage may vary

Probably an Americanism as it was the historic disclaimer on mileage ratings on cars sold in the US, and you never got the stated miles per gallon.

I'm going to guess that Dubai will be more like the UK than Florida, so there will be more people dressed formally, but it's really become a personal choice on RCI.