Any local cruises affected by the big wet?

Getting off Explorer this morning in Syd. It was pretty rough last night.

Woke up regularly from the movement, sound of wind, rain & waves crashing. It didn't help that I had 6 beers, 4 cocktails & a champagne yesterday though ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22-Jan-2015 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

10-Jan-2014 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

03-Feb-2012 Rhapsody Of The Seas 3 Night Sampler Cruise

If it keeps on raining they'll be able to dock in the Hunter Valley ;)

Apparently there is major flooding in Maitland. Hope everyone here who lives in that area is safe and dry.

Is actually not that bad.

Nothing like last April or 2007 when Pasha Bulka washed up on

Nobby's.

Getting off Explorer this morning in Syd. It was pretty rough last night.

Woke up regularly from the movement, sound of wind, rain & waves crashing. It didn't help that I had 6 beers, 4 cocktails & a champagne yesterday though ....

No bridge cam on EOS? pity, spoils the fun. I like your drink selection, way to go, a man's not a camel.

We have had 400 mm of rain down here on Far South Coast, a bit choppy out in ye old Pacific Ocean. I need a ship's tender to get around my golf course. http://www.clubcatalina.com.au

Edited by NSWP

Just off Explorer this morning too, beautiful smooth seas all the way, bit of a roll last night but we loved it! Sitting in the showlounge last night up front was like being on a ride.

Chez

Yeah I couldn't believe how smooth our Tasman crossing was, but I didn't even mention it to anyone because I thought I'd jinx it for the ride to New Cal haha! Such top weather until we ran into Sydney!

It looked bad in the news. The rain looks like it's sticking around for at least another day. :(

Nah.

I can still drive into Maitland and Morpeth.

Some roads closed but the usual suspects that flood if someone spits.

Wallsend has some issues, but it always does.

Daughter dove Maitland to Cessnock and back last night, one detour, but no real worries.

Raymond Terrace has a few evacuations, but that's about it.

On the ABC morning News it was reported that flights from Newcastle had been cancelled. There was a report of two women who were booked to fly to Brisbane to board their cruise ship. They were hoping to get to Sydney and fly into Brisbane. It is going to be tight for them. Good Luck.

Note to Self. Another reason not to fly-in on the day of cruise departure.:)

On the ABC morning News it was reported that flights from Newcastle had been cancelled. There was a report of two women who were booked to fly to Brisbane to board their cruise ship. They were hoping to get to Sydney and fly into Brisbane. It is going to be tight for them. Good Luck.

Note to Self. Another reason not to fly-in on the day of cruise departure.:)

Yep Williamtown's closed.

And agree about going day before, heck I even do when I'm gong to cruise out of Sydney.

Media reports heaviest rain in Newcastle in 25 years. I like to check out the traffic cameras on the RMS website.

www.rms.com

Hate to say it Uncle Les, but I think the media is wrong again, both April last year and Pasha Bulka long weekend June 2007 (58 mls in about 15 minutes) we got about half a metre in a day http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3158559/april-storm-deluge-worst-in-100-years/, so far we've barely had 250 mls in the last 24 hrs

The lake is starting to creep up our street here at Belmont South. Hoping its not low tide at the moment. Street was flooded last April. We had water through our garage, almost knee deep water in the yard.

Hate to say it Uncle Les, but I think the media is wrong again, both April last year and Pasha Bulka long weekend June 2007 (58 mls in about 15 minutes) we got about half a metre in a day http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3158559/april-storm-deluge-worst-in-100-years/, so far we've barely had 250 mls in the last 24 hrs

Thanks Mr Gut, yes, a bit more media hype, like the Chris Gayle saga, what a blow up and non event that was.

You would know the precipitation old son, you are up there in the Hunter, stay safe.

We have had 400 mm down here since Monday, eased off a bit today.

The lake is starting to creep up our street here at Belmont South. Hoping its not low tide at the moment. Street was flooded last April. We had water through our garage, almost knee deep water in the yard.

Stay safe and good luck, get ye olde sand bags out !!

Thanks Mr Gut, yes, a bit more media hype, like the Chris Gayle saga, what a blow up and non event that was.

You would know the precipitation old son, you are up there in the Hunter, stay safe.

We have had 400 mm down here since Monday, eased off a bit today.

Wow 400 mm's a fair fall.

Stay dry.

Some areas here have been hit, but on the whole it's not too bad, in fact stopped now and the sun is trying to get a look in.

seems to be easing up (in fact stopped here) sister is in Dora Creek and can still get out. And her street is cut about once a year.

seems to be easing up (in fact stopped here) sister is in Dora Creek and can still get out. And her street is cut about once a year.

I think there's more to come, judging by the rain radar, although you might be just on the edge of it.

Still steadily sogging in Lane Cove.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

It is very wet up here plenty of road closures and evacuations from low lying areas. Some people have still not recovered or had damage claims settled from April and September last year and now hit again..

It had eased a bit but has just returned with strong winds and heavy squally showers. High tide is 1720 this afternoon so that will cause more of a headache..

We have had enough now :rolleyes:

It is very wet up here plenty of road closures and evacuations from low lying areas. Some people have still not recovered or had damage claims settled from April and September last year and now hit again..

It had eased a bit but has just returned with strong winds and heavy squally showers. High tide is 1720 this afternoon so that will cause more of a headache..

We have had enough now :rolleyes:

That's the biggest problems the wind that they say is coming and the fact that many are still recovering from April.