First time in a balcony! Bring anything special?

clearandsunny

Don't forget you will have to pay the hookage fee of $15 per pole upon boarding. Make sure you factor that in.

Will they reduce the hookage if I use the Ronco Pocket Fisherman? Shouldn't they base it on the size of my pole? LOL

Lol I believe the official term is Balcony Club!

Sorry to hijack, but we're on our first cruise in a few weeks and there have been good tips here, so... This is something I've been curious about. Is there enough privacy? Like you can't see from one balcony to another?

Sorry to hijack, but we're on our first cruise in a few weeks and there have been good tips here, so... This is something I've been curious about. Is there enough privacy? Like you can't see from one balcony to another?

See ( if your neighbor leans out far enough Yes) They have to make an effort though!

The " noise" level might be a concern also!

No privacy really. The balcony dividers don't extend out, plus the balconies are small. Your next door and upstairs neighbors can see you.

See ( if your neighbor leans out far enough Yes) They have to make an effort though!

The " noise" level might be a concern also!

You don't really have to lean out on Breakaway... just step up to the rail and look left or right. Even your neighbor upstairs can look down, and see enough of your balcony, of course unless you have a large balcony that is partially covered. People don't always just go out there and sit down.

Depends on the ship and balcony layout. On some ships the divider opens between certain balconies. On those, there is usually a small gap someone can look through if they get their eye real close. Disney balconies have very nice dividers and are very private.:D:D:D:D

You really need a hull balcony to play balcony club. We had one on QM2 coming back from honeymoon in London. That's the only kind of balcony for TAs IMO, since the North Atlantic can be brutal (and it was one night on our crossing).

Don't forget you will have to pay the hookage fee of $15 per pole upon boarding. Make sure you factor that in.

That's sort of an unnecessary expense. Just go down to Guest Services and you can rent them. I believe it was $3.95 an hour. Surprisingly decent quality for rentals.

Wow. Thanks. Maybe we won't be fishing then. I don't know. We will think about it. Thanks everyone!

I hate this nickel and dimeing, totally typical of the recent changes. This is enough to push me over the edge, I may have to switch to another cruise line.

Sometimes you don't need to bring anything special for the balcony, you just enjoy them for what they are.

IMG_0184_zps6649d9ac.jpg

This is what I was talking about in my previous post about the Disney balconies. Notice how the divider extends past the railing.

015_15-1.jpg

017_17-1.jpg

IMG_1391_zpsl6slyqtu.jpg