First time in a balcony! Bring anything special?

clearandsunny

They used to allow kites. But people kept bringing the larger types which tend to pull the ship off course. Because of this, kites of any size sadly are no longer permitted.

Correct, I brought two kites on our last cruise, a 4 meter and a 2 meter. On officer yelled at me for flying the larger kite, it was cutting down on their fuel milage

They used to allow kites. But people kept bringing the larger types which tend to pull the ship off course. Because of this, kites of any size sadly are no longer permitted.

Correct, I brought two kites on our last cruise, a 4 meter and a 2 meter. An officer yelled at me for flying the larger kite, it was cutting down on their fuel milage

We usually bring lobster traps when going to Bermuda. We drop the traps right from the balcony the first day we get there, and pull them up before leaving. We figured since NCL cheaped out, and stopped serving lobster, we will catch own own! We've been very successful so far.

We usually bring lobster traps when going to Bermuda. We drop the traps right from the balcony the first day we get there, and pull them up before leaving. We figured since NCL cheaped out, and stopped serving lobster, we will catch own own! We've been very successful so far.

Where did you get yours? Do you give the lobster to your room steward and they cook them?

Where did you get yours? Do you give the lobster to your room steward and they cook them?

I've done that. They are so accommodating! You just have to make sure that you fill out the card with the preparation instructions (steamed, broiled, stuffed, etc.) and hang it on the door with the lobster placed in the special lobster bag that you'll find hanging in your closet. It's a real treat! [emoji13]

P.S. Enjoy that balcony...it's the best! You'll never be able to sail without one again!

Edited by Dorhead1230

I found them off the coast of Maine. Someone must have accidentally dropped them in the water. I recovered them (and all the lobsters inside!!) and brought them home. My steward prepared them, he boiled them in one of the pool deck hot tubs for us :D :D

Edited by bbryan5

I am so excited. I will be leaving on the Norwegian escape in 10 days and will be staying in a balcony cabin for the very first time. Is there anything special that you bring for your balcony? Any tips for a balcony? Thank you so much I am so excited!

Condoms

Binoculars, led candle, fleece blanket - these are the things that I always say I will bring and always forget! :)

It's amazing having a balcony, just be warned that you will never go back!

Not always so. We've gone from Suite or Balcony, down to OV, and back again. Our choices depend upon time of year, and price.

One awesomely funny thread. Last night I was reading a few tidbits from you comedians to my husband. When I told him about the large kites pulling the ships off course he went, "Nah uh!!" I burst out laughing and he said, "Okay. You got me for a half second." lol :)

I use the pocket fisherman, I keep my rod in my pants when boarding the ship, if I walked on with my rod out every one would want to try it out.

Good. That's the one I ordered too. I probably won't bring a lobster trap on the boat though because I'm not a fan of lobster anyway.