First time in a balcony! Bring anything special?

clearandsunny

I am so excited. I will be leaving on the Norwegian escape in 10 days and will be staying in a balcony cabin for the very first time. Is there anything special that you bring for your balcony? Any tips for a balcony? Thank you so much I am so excited!

Binoculars!

First, are people serious about the fishing pole? Or am I just being really gullible? LOL!

Second, I bring a lightweight blanket for evenings if it's a balcony big enough for lounge chairs.

That LED candle is a good idea!

At night, we enjoy sitting on our balcony with a glass of champagne listening to music. We bring along a small, portable speaker (like this one: http://www.amazon.com/AYL-Guarantee-Rechargeable-Expandable-Smartphones/dp/B007OYAVLI/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1452098926&sr=1-4&keywords=portable+speakers) and attach it to my iPod. We've got cruise playlist that we play quietly (so we don't disturb the neighbors) and enjoy our champagne. Super relaxing!

We sail the Escape on 1/23, right after you disembark. Enjoy your cruise and your balcony!

We bring some clothes pins or towel clips. It's usually pretty breezy and we like to clip our swimsuits to the chairs to dry out. I've also heard of people bringing the blue painters tape to tape the curtain shut to keep out light.

And remember, if the balcony door is open, the AC won't run.

First, are people serious about the fishing pole? Or am I just being really gullible? LOL!

Second, I bring a lightweight blanket for evenings if it's a balcony big enough for lounge chairs.

No, there wont' be any fishing from your balcony. They're just pulling your leg.

No pole required on lower balconies. Leave out a little bread crumbs over night and flying fish will have attended theron to provide for your breakfast needs. Just be sure to forewarn your steward so he can clip their wings and do the needful!...😉

I bring two small boat rods (foldable), been pretty lucky in the past. If you catch something you can asked to have it cooked for you at dinner, just be sure to tip. When we have an aft balcony I always bring a large kite, looks really cool at night with glow sticks on it

Edited by Laszlo

No pole required on lower balconies. Leave out a little bread crumbs over night and flying fish will have attended theron to provide for your breakfast needs. Just be sure to forewarn your steward so he can clip their wings and do the needful!...😉

I was going to suggest a handheld net to catch the flying fish! :D