Received this email today and I am confused

lyban

I tried copying this email but could not so here is basically what I could copy and post. Are they saying I can reserve three restaurants for 70.00 total each person or is that the price for one meal.

ENJOY SAVINGS OF UP TO 40% ON SPECIALTY DINING

Book one of our specialty dining packages before you sail and save. Select a time for your dinner and we'll book your table for the first night. Kids ages 6-12 now dine for only $10 and 5 and under eat free. Hurry, spaces are limited!

DINING PKG ------- OASIS & QUANTUM CLASS OTHER SHIPS

3 REST.--------------------- 80.00 --------------------- 70.00

4 REST.--------------------- 95.00----------------------- 85.00

5 REST --------------------- 110.00 -------------------- 100.00

Make sure you check to see if you get the discount before leaving ship. Just off cruise and we had this promo as well. They told us onboard that promotion was discontinued when we looked at final invoice and saw that it wasn't applied. Got it eventually but it wasn't easy even with email. They apply discount in form of onboard credit.

Edited by cruisecam1

Thanks everybody for clearing that up for me.

So I believe on freedom their is chops,portofino and sabor.

What would the regular price be for these three.

Thanks

Hard to say as Royal is rainsing prices faster than we can keep track.

I'd estimate Chops is $35 or $40, Giovanni's (not Portofino) is $25 or $30, and Sabor is $25 or $30.

Thanks Bob...thinking more on this and I think we will pass. The way I look st it we are already paying for our 7 dinners in the MDR and we find the meals pretty good.

So we might as well save our money for another evening when we are out after our cruise.

Thanks Bob...thinking more on this and I think we will pass. The way I look st it we are already paying for our 7 dinners in the MDR and we find the meals pretty good.

So we might as well save our money for another evening when we are out after our cruise.

I totally agree. Not only are they raising the prices, but they are reducing the choices and quality.

I tried copying this email but could not so here is basically what I could copy and post. Are they saying I can reserve three restaurants for 70.00 total each person or is that the price for one meal.

ENJOY SAVINGS OF UP TO 40% ON SPECIALTY DINING

Book one of our specialty dining packages before you sail and save. Select a time for your dinner and we'll book your table for the first night. Kids ages 6-12 now dine for only $10 and 5 and under eat free. Hurry, spaces are limited!

DINING PKG ------- OASIS & QUANTUM CLASS OTHER SHIPS

3 REST.--------------------- 80.00 --------------------- 70.00

4 REST.--------------------- 95.00----------------------- 85.00

5 REST --------------------- 110.00 -------------------- 100.00

3 meals for that price but the quality has gone down.

I can see the offer in my cruise planner on a banner at the bottom of the "dining" page, but there is nowhere to click to order it - am I having a Safari browser issue because I don't see a button, or is there somewhere else I need to look to purchase the dining package?

We had a banner prior to our Oasis cruise in November that offered a discount in the form of a shipboard credit if you booked 3 or more restaurants prior to boarding. We booked Izumi, Chops and Portofino. I spent at least 6 hours in line with reps on 4 separate occasions trying to get the discount applied and got nothing but a different story and promises.

Finally the last night prior to disembarking the next day, I waited in line for over 2 hours and spent 1 hour talking with a representative to get it hashed out. I explained each time that I didn't pay for a vacation to spend it in line trying to get this resolved. (I never would have booked 3 restaurants except for that flashing banner :rolleyes:)

This was the most ridiculous thing ever. No one seemed to know what was going on and one of them told me I was supposed to go back to each restaurant and hash it out with them. After about 30 minutes of this conversation I realized the woman with the Customer Service Rep. next to me was having the exact same problem. She told me she had stopped by 2 times already and they had also told her something different each time. After the long wait and conversation they finally promised a credit by the end of the night.

This wasn't a large sum of money being lost, but it really turned into the principle of the matter.... I seriously wonder how many people book the additional restaurants and never receive the discount. :(

Patty

I totally agree. Not only are they raising the prices, but they are reducing the choices and quality.

I don't get why they are charging more on Oasis/Allure/Quantum. I realize there are more dining choices but you are buying the same number of reservations no matter which ship you are on. Maybe they will start having different pricing structures for each class, or even each ship, soon.:rolleyes: Do the individual restaurants on Oasis and Allure and Quantum have higher pricing than their counter parts on the other ships?

Edited by Ocean Boy

I don't get why they are charging more on Oasis/Allure/Quantum. I realize there are more dining choices but you are buying the same number of reservations no matter which ship you are on. Maybe they will start having different pricing structures for each class, or even each ship, soon.:rolleyes: Do the individual restaurants on Oasis and Allure and Quantum have higher pricing than their counter parts on the other ships?

I've seen different pricing on different ships. At one time, Chops was priced at $30, $35,and $39 depending on the ship. It did seem that the newer ships had higher prices.

We never book any specialty restaurant meals before the cruise or on the first night. We have always been approached in the dining room while we were eating to get a buy one, get one free for the restaurant that is not booking well (Both Celebrity and Royal).

It is no big deal to us as we like the WJ and MDR, but if we get 1/2 off, we sure will go!

I can see the offer in my cruise planner on a banner at the bottom of the "dining" page, but there is nowhere to click to order it - am I having a Safari browser issue because I don't see a button, or is there somewhere else I need to look to purchase the dining package?

If you are already booked on a cruise, you can go into Dining and Beverages tab (if availability to book reservations is open for your cruise) and you can purchase a 3, 4 or 5 night package there. I just discovered that moments ago.

I have the same problem that you do for my upcoming sailing on Freedom of the Seas.

The Cruise Planner is offering me "Up to 40% Off" saying "Now Serving: Specialty Dining Packages", but there's no item anywhere on the page to click on to actually buy such a package. The only thing on the Dining page in the Cruise Planner are the individual dining options.

I have the same problem that you do for my upcoming sailing on Freedom of the Seas.

The Cruise Planner is offering me "Up to 40% Off" saying "Now Serving: Specialty Dining Packages", but there's no item anywhere on the page to click on to actually buy such a package. The only thing on the Dining page in the Cruise Planner are the individual dining options.

Same here. I figured I'd wait and see if I could get the deal onboard.

I saw the same thing for our April cruise and called them. They said that the package would available sometime in January, been checking and it still is not available.

Prices went up after the Dec 13Th sailing on Allure. Post is for your comparison but note there is usually a bogo the first night and a loyalty discount the second night. Something to consider if it applies to you. Also some people get a bogo from TA on a port day.

1452463004780.jpg.2ec62657a69b5179ad4a7639ea507876.jpg

Same here. I see the save up to 40% off but none of the packages are listed. Just the individual restaurants. We are on the Oasis in March.

I called RCCL to ask and they said they may not have released the packages yet. I find that odd because you can book at the specialty restaurants.

I also got conflicting information as well. One rep said if I book 3 restaurants I would get the 20% discount as OBC, the second person I talked to said I had to purchase the package.

It is confusing but not surprising that Royal cannot get their facts straight. I am leery about relying on an OBC, and I don't want to waste my vacation time trying to rectify at guest services either.

So it looks like Ill be waiting until we are on board as well.