3 Women in a Mini

Lynda90

It's doable. Mom, Sis and I have done it. The biggest issue for us was the quality of the mattress in the foldout couch. Thinner than my camping pad and about as comfortable as a towel over the frame. Ask for a topper right away.

With the topper the sofa cannot be folded so part of the bedclothes are stored during the day. Every night Sis had to play 'find the blanket'. We had a horrible steward that cruise.

While i have not done 3 women in a mini, i have always done 2 adults and a teenager. We have had no problems at all. You can have the beds set up as 2 twins and the sofa bed is great. Just get an egg crate for it.

Plan bathroom time and it should be no problem. We can all take showers and get ready in an hour:)

Thanks for your quick responses. Forgot to mention that we are looking at the Ruby. Would it be feasible to ask our cabin steward to remove the egg crate in the morning and put it back on in the evening, or would this be too much to ask?

They just leave it on the bed and fold it up so no worries. What we did is we got up and folded it up ourselves so that we could get out to the balcony easier. Then i think room steward would fix it up to his liking.

Great info; thanks! :p

Get a mini that has a bunk. The bunk drops from the ceiling and you can still use the sofa. We just got home. My 9yo daughter slept on the bunk, but I would have been fine with it.

Not feasible for any of us to climb up to bunk. Maybe 10 years ago! :p

Get a mini that has a bunk. The bunk drops from the ceiling and you can still use the sofa. We just got home. My 9yo daughter slept on the bunk, but I would have been fine with it.

Does the Coral have a bunk in a minisuite

I was in a regular balcony with the third person option with my mom and sister. I agree it is best to schedule morning bathroom/shower times or for someone to use the spa shower. It did take longer to get ready in the morning and to breakfast just because us women took longer in the bathroom then it usually does when I sail with my husband. He takes about 10min.

Does the Coral have a bunk in a minisuite

Hollon -

Mini suites that sleep 3 (all of them on the Coral do), have the extra bed in the sofa. Mini suites that sleep 4 have the sofa and a bunk above it that comes out from the ceiling/wall.

My DH and I have stayed in a mini suite on several Princess cruises.

Just a thought...while the sleeping arrangements ( two twin beds and the sofa bed)may be fine, I would be concerned about storage space for clothes and luggage Also, three women sharing a bathroom may get complicated especially during the morning and for getting ready before dinner.

Perhaps you could take turns using the spa showers to get ready-a bit inconvenient, but it would free up the cabin bathroom.

Have you considered connecting cabins,either interior or oceanview or balcony ?

This way,you would have two bathrooms and more storage space.

Just a suggestion.

Hope you enjoy the cruise!

My last 3 cruises have been in a MS. On Ruby, it was just DM (84) and myself. Now her friend (70) is also widowed and the 3 of us have shared a MS for the past 2 cruises...Caribbean and Regal. I (at 58), have slept on the pull out sofa. No problems. The sofa does seem to come up a little short (I am 5'7") and I loved the Regal this year which is not a pull out but more of a "flip over". The pull out DOES block the balcony, but you can carefully maneuver around it. We always have the bed put away during the day. As for showers.... we have never encountered a problem or a need for someone to shower in the spa. Remember that the dressing table/hair-dryer is in the salon, so once you are showered, the bath-room is free. Plus the "walk-in" closet area provides a place to dress and some privacy between the bathroom and the salon. Lastly, you can store suitcases in the closet AND under the beds. I would never book a "bunk" to avoid the pull-out. You will be fine, I assure you!

My husband and I shared a mini suite with my father last year in Alaska. We had plenty of space. We were able to store 3 large and 2 smaller suitcases in the closet after we unpacked. My dad had the sofa and we requested a topper for it and it was fine. He stored some of his clothes on the two shelves under the tv/bar counter as there were shelves under there. My husband and I stored our things in the shelves near the closet and we each had a drawer for our underthings. It was my dad's first cruise and he commented that he loved the lay out and felt like he had his own space as he had the couch and tv there also and the way the desk juts out gives you a bit of a division to the room. There is a little shelf with a mirror above it and I think there is a mirror above the desk also, so you can divide up the space for putting on makeup and such. I think that people stress too much about sharing a bathroom - you only need to be in there to shower or use the toilet. Surely everyone can do their turn quickly so as not to impose on anyone else. I think you will be fine - have a great trip!!

Thanks for your quick responses. Forgot to mention that we are looking at the Ruby. Would it be feasible to ask our cabin steward to remove the egg crate in the morning and put it back on in the evening, or would this be too much to ask?

With a quick tip is doable. $$$$

My daughters (in their early 50s) and I did this very thing in December on the CB. It worked out just fine! One daughter preferred to shower at night, so that helped. It honestly was never a problem at all! We did take a power strip and an extra hair dryer and had both dryers going several times.

We divided up the drawer and shelf space as we were unpacking, and didn't "mix" our things. Was that a bit tight? Yes, because somehow, someway, you seem to accumulate stuff . . or maybe it just expands as you get less neat/organized. It worked though.

It was a wonderful experience, and I am so glad we didn't try to "divide and conquer" into two separate cabins.

Storage will definitely be one of your most challenging tasks. I am the overpacker....I do hope this will help you a little. The 99cent store, dollar store, or even IKEA have collapsible boxes. Take a few along with you. They are great for storing "stuff" on the shelf above the closet (where the life vests are kept). I am short and always afraid that I would put something up there and never find it again. You can use these boxes also on the shelf under the sink. If you don't want to buy these boxes...pack cardboard boxes from Costco in your suitcase and leave them behind.

I am the one that also takes along a shower curtain and magnetic hooks to create a dressing/privacy area in the closet.

IMG_2915_zpsoxtaf2eq.jpg

IMG_2916_zpsnzehmgye.jpg

You did not mention where the Ruby was taking you or how long you will be together.

DH and I shared a mini suite with DD several times when she was in college, it was no trouble at all. Love the closet area on Princess, where you have a little privacy to get dressed and undressed as well as a place to keep most of your stuff out of the way for the main cabin area. The only thing I can add to the above excellent suggestions would be to have a little talk in advance about schedules and expectations, so there willl be fewer surprises once you're on the ship. Is someone an early riser and someone else a late sleeper? Will one of you always want to shower first when getting ready for the evening? Does someone like the TV on late at night? Is one of you very neat and another sort of messy? Now is the time to find out these things so you won't have hard feelings on the trip.

Edited by cynbar

Storage will definitely be one of your most challenging tasks. I am the overpacker....I do hope this will help you a little. The 99cent store, dollar store, or even IKEA have collapsible boxes. Take a few along with you. They are great for storing "stuff" on the shelf above the closet (where the life vests are kept). I am short and always afraid that I would put something up there and never find it again. You can use these boxes also on the shelf under the sink. If you don't want to buy these boxes...pack cardboard boxes from Costco in your suitcase and leave them behind.

I am the one that also takes along a shower curtain and magnetic hooks to create a dressing/privacy area in the closet.

IMG_2915_zpsoxtaf2eq.jpg

IMG_2916_zpsnzehmgye.jpg

You did not mention where the Ruby was taking you or how long you will be together.

Nice!! Looks like it belongs!! :)

We are going to the Mexican Riviera for 10 days. Great suggestions! I use packing bags which hold my tops and undies. The bags are soft with zippers around them and can be stored in any space available. I am a bit worried about space after reading all the great suggestions. :p

Edited by Lynda90

I hung this "curtain" in the hallway because it was an interior stateroom. With 3 going in and out, it would be more out of the way if you hung it on the closet opening.

A mini-suite has a little more storage than a balcony or lower cabin. There are two night stands, one desk with a couple of drawers/cupboards, and shelf space under the second television. Along with the closet cupboard. Tight, but manageable, you can add a power device (for your mobile devices) to the second plug behind the television. Leave it plugged in and charge your "iPad" nightly.

If you have 3 collapsible rectangular boxes, you can place these on the desk for your patters, pens, glasses, etc. I also carry small square ones for the night stand. Yes, I am only this organized on a cruise because I would be all over the place otherwise and my cabin mate (who is neat) would be driven crazy.

Don't forget to ask for more (wire) hangers and 3 patters nightly.