Free WiFi on Freedom of the Seas

LEMJMcC

Unfortunately my DW has to do some work while we are on our upcoming FotS cruise. Is there any place onboard that offers free wifi?

Thanks?

Not on board. Maybe in some of the ports that you visit.

If it's for work then shouldn't he be able to expense the cost. The cost is at the most $140 for 1 device unlimited use.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

That would be great if they have the faster version by our week 4/24/2016. My work always pays for an account just in case, I check email daily just to make sure everything is ok.

Edited by rtw68

Unfortunately my DW has to do some work while we are on our upcoming FotS cruise. Is there any place onboard that offers free wifi?

Thanks?

if they are making her work they can pay for the internet.

ports have wi fi that can be free when you oh, say buy a drink, but in no way whatsoever would I consider it secure enough to do work( or banking )

• 1 year later...
I don't know when the OP is sailing, but we are getting free VOOM (part of our booking deal) on Freedom on our 5/1/16 cruise, so apparently the fast internet will be available by then.....

We are sailing on the FOS in the spring, how was the internet during your cruise?!?

Thanks in advance for the info. :D

Thanks?

If you are Diamond or higher you get coupons for free internet. But it is SLOW. Good for email, but don't plan on using VPN to connect to a work network.

We are sailing on the FOS in the spring' date=' how was the internet during your cruise?!?

Thanks in advance for the info. :D[/quote']

I was on FoS this past Jan, I had the surf/stream package.

90% of the time the download was higher then 5mbps +, and upload was right around 2-3, so plenty of speed for surfing and light non HD streaming. VoIP worked pretty good, wifi calling worked like a charm to contact people back at home at no extra charge. The latency is a bit higher then normal home connections, so there will be added lag and some drop outs if you use voice.

TIP, get a travel router if your tech savoy, then you can "bridge" the connection. You can share the single connection package with others in your room. It worked great for sharing to my family between rooms.

If you are Diamond or higher you get coupons for free internet. But it is SLOW. Good for email, but don't plan on using VPN to connect to a work network.

OP posted over a year ago. Have a feeling their ship has sailed.