So it's January 11th now and no one has seen the new delectible apps/snacks in suite?

jenniebnyc

Yes, we get you are disappointed. Most issues like this can be sorted on the ship when you are there. Celebrity do try to make things as right as they can for their guests.

Phil

Understood, so stop exaggerating and saying I am making this a life or death situation. I know I can speak up on the ship to try to work things out. I am simply trying to get info prior to my upcoming cruise. Thanks for your input.

No one said these are life and death issues.

And to go back to other posts, actually I am 'entitled'. I am 'entitled' to the things Celebrity said are included in their suite experience just two short months ago. They should not roll out advertisements to reel in customers with dates attached if they can't deliver. As said, these are not make or break things by any means, just really annoying to get notifications on enhancements with dates attached and then...nothing. It's disappointing.

I was on Solstice in a CS and a SS for 30 days. I typically cruise smaller ships such as Oceania which is what I prefer. Overall, my cruise to OZ/NZ was about as perfect as it could be. Due to the ship being larger than I prefer, I was concerned prior to embarking. We ended up having a very enjoyable trip.

We are also easy to please and quite frankly the afternoon snacks were not important to us (extra calories) and we always tell our butlers to not bring them.

Clean cabin and clean ship, decent food (it does not have to be spectacular), nice wines, a good gym, and a wonderful itinerary is all we need.

You need to look at the big picture and quit fretting about the little things. We loved our cruise and booked one for Japan for 2018. Relax and have fun. X is a very nice cruise line. Have fun and everything will fall into place. This is not a Luxury cruise line but a very good Premium cruise line.

i was on solstice in a cs and a ss for 30 days. I typically cruise smaller ships such as oceania which is what i prefer. Overall, my cruise to oz/nz was about as perfect as it could be. Due to the ship being larger than i prefer, i was concerned prior to embarking. We ended up having a very enjoyable trip.

We are also easy to please and quite frankly the afternoon snacks were not important to us (extra calories) and we always tell our butlers to not bring them.

Clean cabin and clean ship, decent food (it does not have to be spectacular), nice wines, a good gym, and a wonderful itinerary is all we need.

You need to look at the big picture and quit fretting about the little things. We loved our cruise and booked one for japan for 2018. Relax and have fun. X is a very nice cruise line. Have fun and everything will fall into place. This is not a luxury cruise line but a very good premium cruise line.

Thank you. I think this was a very spot on post.

A+++

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

[quote name='Prada Cowboy']So now we go there again! Some inside cabin cruisers bashing the Suite cruisers! Honestly if I pay so much $ I do have some certain expectations! X is not cheap anymore if you sail in one of the premium suites and it should give you a bit of a difference! If the advertise Bvlgary, free laundry and many more amenities it should be there! It is not an entitlement it is a comfort thing and it got promised by X, you booked and paid for it that way!
Also I am sorry you do not understand![/QUOTE]

We understand that but that is not the point, the items were not promised for Jan. 1 but sometime in Jan. This whole thread is unnecessary in my opinion, if it were done on Feb. 1 no problem. I understand that you paid for things and said so in an earlier post but some of the posts on the board lately really show an entitlement mentality and some really petty things. Edited by dkjretired

[quote name='Prada Cowboy']So now we go there again! Some inside cabin cruisers bashing the Suite cruisers! Honestly if I pay so much $ I do have some certain expectations! X is not cheap anymore if you sail in one of the premium suites and it should give you a bit of a difference! If the advertise Bvlgary, free laundry and many more amenities it should be there! It is not an entitlement it is a comfort thing and it got promised by X, you booked and paid for it that way!
Also I am sorry you do not understand![/quote]

Pretty rude to assume every one on the other end of the issue is an inside cruiser. Just the kind of "suite" passenger we all know and love haha

[quote name='dkjretired']I understand that you paid for things and said so in an earlier post but some of the posts on the board lately really show an entitlement mentality and some really petty things.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, when [U]you[/U] board your next cruise and you find that celebrity cut your "good/better/best" OBC by 1/2, you probably won't find that so petty. But if one doesn't have the drink package, because they took the OBC for example, and one now purchases 2 bottles of water a day for 13 days (yes, you got two bottles free on your 14 day cruise) and they cost $5 each....that's $130.

Petty is to the eye of the beholder.

I do think that one is entitled to what one purchased....be it the perks of an inside cabin or those of a suite. In this case, I think it's something that was added after purchase....so not so sure it's a valid complaint...but I don't think the OP was expressing a complaint..they just wanted to know if the changes had gone into effect. Edited by ghstudio

[quote name='dkjretired']We understand that but that is not the point, the items were not promised for Jan. 1 but sometime in Jan. This whole thread is unnecessary in my opinion, if it were done on Feb. 1 no problem. I understand that you paid for things and said so in an earlier post but some of the [B][COLOR="Red"]posts on the board lately really show an entitlement mentality and some really petty things.[/QUOTE]
[/COLOR][/B]

Why is it an "entitlement mentality" to expect things that were promised when booked and paid?

Well, this thread has certainly gone off the rails of the original topic engineered by someone who seems to insist on creating a fight between suite guests and non-suite guests....

Anyway, to get back on the original topic of new in-suite snacks. So we have been receiving daily offerings from our butler. In addition to the standard cookies and little cakes and new (to us anyway) sandwiches I mentioned before we have also been receiving a daily selection of canapés which I've never seen before like small chocolate cream puffs, thick pieces of pepperoni slices and French macarons. Perhaps these are standard snacks but they are new to us and with a new batch being offered daily. Nice to see them switch things up a bit.

[quote name='chamima'][/COLOR][/B]

Why is it an "entitlement mentality" to expect things that were promised when booked and paid?[/QUOTE]

Not the case in this thread and that's not what I'm talking about, you are entitled to get what you paid for, never said you weren't.

[quote name='WonderMan3']Well, this thread has certainly gone off the rails of the original topic engineered by someone who seems to insist on creating a fight between suite guests and non-suite guests....

Anyway, to get back on the original topic of new in-suite snacks. So we have been receiving daily offerings from our butler. In addition to the standard cookies and little cakes and new (to us anyway) sandwiches I mentioned before we have also been receiving a daily selection of canapés which I've never seen before like small chocolate cream puffs, thick pieces of pepperoni slices and French macarons. Perhaps these are standard snacks but they are new to us and with a new batch being offered daily. Nice to see them switch things up a bit.[/QUOTE]

Not looking to start a fight, just calling them as I see them and apparently from the posts there are others who agree with me.