So it's January 11th now and no one has seen the new delectible apps/snacks in suite?

jenniebnyc

Thank you for this information, it's great to read, we have done concierge class for our last 2 cruises but the next 4 we have booked are all in suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap, we also have 4 cruises in suites booked! As you can see from this post and others there have been several changes over recent months and recent years....

We feel it is a great product, as I said in an earlier comment on this thread we also believe in discussing with staff on board if we do have any minor issues and they have always been satisfactorily resolved.

Have some great cruises! Can't wait until March for our next one!

If you do not get the premium toiletries ask...most likely room staff have just been asked to use up the others first.

We really didn't like the old style snacks and always asked the butler for alternatives.....and shall do again. The staff always want to please us (and their managers) but in my suite experience the minute they know you are not happy about something they really will do the best to accommodate you.

Much better to express dissatisfaction on board and allow X to put it right than allow small things collectively to impact on your overall holiday experience!

Michael's Club on the M class ships is really nice too, I am sure you will have a great cruise!

A++++ Thank you for this..

I don't usually stress about provided toiletries as I've always brought my own. When I read that Bulgari would be available by the time of this trip, I figured it would be less to pack, which is the only reason why I have a (small) issue with it.

If I am being honest, I never really liked Bulgari product when we have had it in the past, either in Suites or on some land based vacations although it is slightly better than the current white packaged stuff Celebrity give you. I wouldn't let is spoil your cruise. It may spoil mine if I told my wife she should have something she doesn't get.

Snap, we also have 4 cruises in suites booked! As you can see from this post and others there have been several changes over recent months and recent years....

We feel it is a great product, as I said in an earlier comment on this thread we also believe in discussing with staff on board if we do have any minor issues and they have always been satisfactorily resolved.

Have some great cruises! Can't wait until March for our next one!

We have 5 booked just now but I refuse to book any more via the UK for 2017/18 until they start throwing in some promotions.

I may look at using the US agent as there you can at least get the beverage package plus free grats from the agent.

We usually don't take anything from the butler other than coffee and sometimes a cookie as we never need to eat at that time. They keep throwing food at you in a suite, but if you want to fit through the door at the end of the cruise, you can't eat all they try and give you.

We were on Equinox Dec2015 in a sky suite.

Only one free bottle of water on first day.

Same old toiletries as in the past.

Because we had a butler, he stopped by each day between 3-3:30 to offer stuff from a cart he wheeled down the hall.

After we boarded and had lunch, we found all our luggage sitting in the hall near our door...no one to take it in and lift it up or offer to unpack.

Going downhill, at least for us...no more Celebrity.

"Modern Luxury "has chased us away.

Just finished 7 days in a CS on Silhouette on the Eastern Caribbean. We had Bulgari toiletries except for Conditioner which was Gilchrist. No water in the room but Evian/Perrier/Pellagrino available 24/7 in Michael's. We just grabbed a few whenever we were heading to the room in the evening. Liquor and wine available for free 7a-midnight as those were the bartender hours. Beer/soda/iced tea and Nespresso were also 24/7 from the coolers and machine. Beverage service was always quick. Cannot speak to the afternoon snacks as we have never been on Celebrity before and missed the service most afternoons.

We have 5 booked just now but I refuse to book any more via the UK for 2017/18 until they start throwing in some promotions.

I may look at using the US agent as there you can at least get the beverage package plus free grats from the agent.

We usually don't take anything from the butler other than coffee and sometimes a cookie as we never need to eat at that time. They keep throwing food at you in a suite, but if you want to fit through the door at the end of the cruise, you can't eat all they try and give you.

We did really well price wise with one of our 4 cruises, another is an OK price but the other two are near our limit but are real bucket list trips...We are very room faddy and did not want to risk not getting exactly what we want so we have booked. Both cruises have price match guarantees although suites are totally sold out on one (and have been for ages). If we get a discount, great, but if not it does not matter - it is more important for us to see and do what we want to while we can. What I would not do at the moment is book an 'OK' cruise - to destinations seen and done, I would definitely wait and see what came up and then decide...

We don't use the butler that much either, coffee with a top up flask and pastries in the morning and we do like our afternoon tea! We usually dine early so our butler will usually bring us prawns or a chees plate to nibble later on the balcony with a last drink (or two)......

We did really well price wise with one of our 4 cruises, another is an OK price but the other two are near our limit but are real bucket list trips...We are very room faddy and did not want to risk not getting exactly what we want so we have booked. Both cruises have price match guarantees although suites are totally sold out on one (and have been for ages). .

You made me check the cruises I was tracking but there are loads of S1 cabins available. Only one booked out of 3 cruises!

I asked for Bulgari and they did 'find' me a couple of bottles!! Despite the shortcomings we are having a really good time. The staff are very good and we have met some great fellow passengers. Michael's club is very quiet - maybe most people have drinks packages so can drink anywhere!

We will definitely try Celebrity again - if they do an itinerary that suits us.

I was going to ask how MC was. With the addition of the Sky Suite guests our fear that, like Luminae, MC would be overwhelmed. Luminae on Reflection was horrible - the staff was overwhelmed and the maitre d' was terrible.

Thanks~!

Now I am really confused!:eek:

Work on the basis that you may need to get your water from Michael's, and if it is in the room it is a bonus. If you have the premium drinks package you can get it in any bar on your way to the room.

I think that SS and CS should only get water on day of arrival. If you get more than that you win.

I was going to ask how MC was. With the addition of the Sky Suite guests our fear that, like Luminae, MC would be overwhelmed. Luminae on Reflection was horrible - the staff was overwhelmed and the maitre d' was terrible.

Curious, when did you have this experience with Luminae? We were on December 5-12 and found the entire staff in Luminae to be wonderful.

We also found Michaels to be virtually empty anytime we ventured in during the Dec 5-12 cruise.

Curious, when did you have this experience with Luminae? We were on December 5-12 and found the entire staff in Luminae to be wonderful.

We also found Michaels to be virtually empty anytime we ventured in during the Dec 5-12 cruise.

Remember that Reflection has many more suites than the other ships, courtesy of the extra deck that was built in. Blu on Reflection was always overcrowded before Luminae opened. I think the SS started to use Michaels after you were on ship - possibly the next cruise.

Remember that Reflection has many more suites than the other ships, courtesy of the extra deck that was built in. Blu on Reflection was always overcrowded before Luminae opened. I think the SS started to use Michaels after you were on ship - possibly the next cruise.

We were in a Sky Suite on that sailing and were allowed access to Michaels Club... which of course, we weren't expecting, but were advised during check in.

MC has been very quiet - same people seem to use it. Luminae just ticks over nicely. Never had to wait for a table and it's been excellent. Have been to Bistro on 5 for lunch twice - days when Luminae was closed - which was also excellent.

We were also given cards for VIP membership of Captain's Club which has given us access to their drinks and canapes each evening, plus the Senior Officers' party, afternoon tea and a bunch of coupons for laundry, etc. No-one in an SS seems to have this.

My mom is currently on the Celebrity Reflection and I was asking her about this, they received the bottle of Champagne and also daily snacks but said that they are crap. This morning she had to re-order room service breakfast 4x as they kept getting it wrong.

Other than that she said she is loving the Reflection and the perks for suite passengers :)

I can't seem to find that on the Celebrity site. Can you provide a link? All I can find is this on the description of the Reflection Suite, the highest on Celebrity's ships:

Beginning January 2016:

Welcome bottle of Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine

Bottled water on Embarkation Day

Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

This is not the same as what you posted.

Maybe they changed it? Or perhaps it is the Celebrity site again?

Didn't say when in January, just says beginning Jan. 16

Personally, I don't eat the snacks the butler brings in. We eat and drink so much during the cruise, we don't need/want the extra snacks. As for toiletry products, I bring and use my own. I don't get what the big deal is about these "enhanced" snack offerings. :confused: other than it's one more thing Celebrity promised but didn't deliver on.

Didn't say when in January, just says beginning Jan. 16

From Celebrity Website:

Plus, these new suite features, applicable from 1st January 2016:

• Premium branded bathroom amenities for all suite guests

• A welcome bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne for our Reflection Suites, Penthouse Suites, Royal Suites and Signature Suites

• Delectable Delights - a daily delivery of different dips, finger foods, desserts & fruits for all suite guests

• Complimentary laundry for Reflection Suites, Penthouse Suites, Royal Suites and Signature Suites

Personally, I don't eat the snacks the butler brings in. We eat and drink so much during the cruise, we don't need/want the extra snacks. As for toiletry products, I bring and use my own. I don't get what the big deal is about these "enhanced" snack offerings. :confused: other than it's one more thing Celebrity promised but didn't deliver on.

Yep. That's the big deal. Also, it would be great if they were edible. From the pics that they posted of baby lambchops and tuna tartar when they sent out the release, it would have been an upgrade to the garbage they are serving now...hence the reason why the created NEW DELECTABLE snacks. Maybe people would eat the stuff.

Thanks~!

Now I am really confused!:eek:

Maybe the daily bottled water in A SS is not implemented across the fleet or our butler is confused? I had to tell my wife to stop putting the bottles in the frig because four more show up right away. No big deal to us because we are visiting MC and have a premium package anyway.

The 'delectable' afternoon snacks may well go the way of the 'locally sourced' suite restaurant food. (It's all a dream of dieting PR hack.)

It does help to ask your butler for the kind of snacks you want.

Just read on the main Millenium cruise critic reviews that in Asia they were bringing the local fruits on board and serving them in the buffet. I am hoping this 'locally sourced' idea hasn't gone away and perhaps will slowly be implemented, even if just once a cruise.

Personally, I didn't fancy either of the 'delectable' afternoon snacks shown! But I didn't particularly like the old ones either! We will continue, when cruising to talk to our butler about what we would like just as you say.

As Gordoncruikshan said......

'There is a limit to what you can eat if you want to get out of your door at the end of a cruise'.

Yep. That's the big deal. Also, it would be great if they were edible. From the pics that they posted of baby lambchops and tuna tartar when they sent out the release, it would have been an upgrade to the garbage they are serving now...hence the reason why the created NEW DELECTABLE snacks. Maybe people would eat the stuff.

You just don't get the corporate plan. Serve the same stuff you serve now calling it new delectable snacks and then when no one eats them, eliminate the new snacks. Hmmm....sort of sounds like the Luminae lunches, doesn't it.