Rhapsody of the Seas

missbozz

Wonderful Ship! You'll have a great time. We are on a BTB in October in the Med!

Thank you! Most of what I have read about the ship is good. We are looking forward to it. We got an ocean view room, as we usually do. But this one on deck seven has a larger window, which should give us some amazing views.

Enjoy your cruise in the Med! I am envious.

We sailed on Rhapsody last June out of Istanbul and again earlier this month out of Venice. I love this ship and am so disappointed that she is not returning to Europe next year.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, many of them preferring to work on a smaller ship.

Edited by cinnamon

I am on this same cruise. (April 2017 Repo) I was apprehensive also. We have never been on such a small/older ship before....but everyone here seems to love the Rhapsody, which reassures me. We are really looking forward to this itinerary more than anything. :)

We are on the same Repo....Rhapsody is scheduled for dry-dock in Dec 2016

so we should be enjoying the finished product without the "post dry-dock blues".....

Since we really enjoy the smaller ships plus relaxing/reading on sea days,

we never worry about being bored on 10+ day cruises..

I am on this same cruise. I was apprehensive also. We have never been on such a small/older ship before....but everyone here seems to love the Rhapsody, which reassures me. We are really looking forward to this itinerary more than anything. :)

Me too. We are doing the Bayonne to Tampa repo.

Edited by Arzeena

We are on the same Repo....Rhapsody is scheduled for dry-dock in Dec 2016

so we should be enjoying the finished product without the "post dry-dock blues".....

Since we really enjoy the smaller ships plus relaxing/reading on sea days,

we never worry about being bored on 10+ day cruises..

Hi!!! Yes, I know about the refurb. Bored? Never, Ever, Ever. I don't even know what that word means...lol. We absolutely love sea days. We were on one with 5 days out and 5 days back to Hawaii and it was the most relaxing cruise ever. Not too many sea days on this cruise however....but as stated above, we are soooo looking forward to this itinerary. The more I read and see pics and videos of this ship, the better I feel. :):):) Did you sign up for the M&M?

The Wife and I are (seriously) entertaining the Rhapsody of the Seas 7N Western Caribbean this coming December...

If you're teetering on the edge how' bout a little nudge. There are a bunch of us sailing on 12/3 and would love to have you along. Hop on over to the roll call and check us out. :D

Rep

Thank you for asking about Rhapsody since we'll be cruising October 2017, 13 day Bayonne to Tampa. We're so excited with the itinerary. Our group of 12 that just cruised on Anthem are all booked too.

Two years ago we cruised on Majesty and although a different layout, it was a little smaller than Rhapsody and we had a fantastic time on the smaller size ship. Reminds us of the old days when we first cruised although those ships were smaller.

We have a junior suite booked on deck 8, to get a some extra space. Really looking forward to feedback about the ship here. Thanks.

We are also on the repo cruise in 2017, cant wait great Islands and nice long cruise.

We booked the same cruise. My brother mentioned about wanting to go to Aruba since he's never been and hence this cruise piqued my interest. We've been to all the islands before except Bonaire.

Question Sharon, is your last name Lacey?

We booked the same cruise. My brother mentioned about wanting to go to Aruba since he's never been and hence this cruise piqued my interest. We've been to all the islands before except Bonaire.

Question Sharon, is your last name Lacey?

Aruba is an amazing port stop. Visited the first time in September and going back in November.

Hopefully you have a late stop there. We departed at 11pm so we had dinner on the island.

Daisy we live in Lacey, lol. We have been to all the Island except

Grand Cayman and Mexico. Great Islands. We have a TS in Aruba and will be going for 3 weeks in September, life is GOOD!

That's funny...my last name is Lacey.

I forgot about Grand Cayman, we haven't been there either. My friend was there in March and did the stingray tour. She loved it.

How cool you have a TS in Aruba. Mentioned to my family that we did a jeep drive when we were last there. Now they all want to do it...fine for us too.

Daisy what a nice last name mine is very dull, Egan, lol. Just sent e-mail for snorkeling in Bonaire with people on this board Sounds great with Windward Tours. Last time in Bonaire went to the beach and it was just ok. If you wind surf it is the perfect beach.

Sharon, lol, thank you.

I'll check into snorkeling in Bonaire for our group. Sounds great. I remember many years ago friends of my SIL would share their experiences of snorkeling and scuba there. They said it was the best in the Caribbean.

For all that r interested they have a very nice sunset snorkel cruise in Aruba that we have taken many times it is Black Pearl. Starts at 4 ends at 7. They have drinks and snacks and grilled gouda cheese sandwiches. Think if you book online you get a discount, but u have to book early as it is very popular. Think it is 50 per person and well worth it. Plus they really are very good with children.

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend that folks with respiratory issues proceed with caution booking this ship. The air quality was dusty in several venues and the cabin smelled like mildew or old cigarette smoke. I love RC, but had very much difficulty breathing during the May 23 cruise.

I recommend that folks with respiratory issues proceed with caution booking this ship. The air quality was dusty in several venues and the cabin smelled like mildew or old cigarette smoke. I love RC, but had very much difficulty breathing during the May 23 cruise.

Maybe this will be adressed during dry-dock? Anyone know what they are planning to do during this? We are booked in March 2017

Was the May 23rd sailing before or after the 'incident' that blew out 6 cabin windows and flooded deck 3 port side? I read that all carpet on port deck 3 was replaced afterward.