The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Wow, thanks for all the amazing pictures. It's truly unique to be able to watch the progress of a major cruise ship "reimagination". My excitement is rising high, can hardly wait to board this ship in March and see everything personally.

Another thank you Andy from 'down under' we appreciate all you do here and for starting this thread it's wonderful to see all the work going on! Sadly, I have 60 weeks till I enjoy the finished product. Look forward to seeing your photos and have a great cruise - Vera

Andy, thanks for posting all these photos in one place.

Some additional info from Johannes, for those interested in the scale of the undertaking:

- 14 day project

- 4,000+ line tasks are being managed in order to monitor project progress

- 11,000 person-hours work per day average, not including the input of the crew of 521 onboard

And an in-progress photo of CC Suite with bathtub, which I don't think has been posted yet...

12573869_10153768418355726_4711622932587807025_n.jpg?oh=b02b6e0eb39f4696926195fe3b044cc0&oe=5738F687&__gda__=1463320718_b4aea7afc5047f2464da871997ff3d2d

Hi Andy Thanks for posting this thread on the Journey, it will be great once finished.

We are on the Quest in 3 weeks time and look forward to seeing the refurbishment in December when we sail on her again.

Thank you for all your efforts and for the team effort on the ship, it must be a logistical nightmare but seems to be going very well!

Andy, thanks for posting all these photos in one place.

Some additional info from Johannes, for those interested in the scale of the undertaking:

- 14 day project

- 4,000+ line tasks are being managed in order to monitor project progress

- 11,000 person-hours work per day average, not including the input of the crew of 521 onboard

And an in-progress photo of CC Suite with bathtub, which I don't think has been posted yet...

12573869_10153768418355726_4711622932587807025_n.jpg?oh=b02b6e0eb39f4696926195fe3b044cc0&oe=5738F687&__gda__=1463320718_b4aea7afc5047f2464da871997ff3d2d

L

Zimbo thank you for the photo I was wondering about the bathtub :)

Edited by marymar

Continued thanks to you Andy for devoting a large chunk of your valuable time to the CC community. It's so greatly appreciated. As already mentioned, we'll be joining you in 5 days (!!) when we can thank you in person.

Each morning I eagerly go to the PC to see the latest news and pictures. Can't take it all in and believe it'll all be complete by the time we board.

Incidentally, I've just found the photo album (I did that sort of thing in 2009) from our first Azamara cruise on the Quest in Nov 2009 about 3 weeks after she was launched by Azamara Cruises. Talk about nostalgia. It was to the Caribbean and would you believe it - the itinerary included Virgin Gorda, Dominica, St Barts, and USVI. It'll be fascinating comparing photos of the ship 'then and now'. All very exciting.

Rita

Continued thanks to you Andy for devoting a large chunk of your valuable time to the CC community. It's so greatly appreciated. As already mentioned, we'll be joining you in 5 days (!!) when we can thank you in person.

Each morning I eagerly go to the PC to see the latest news and pictures. Can't take it all in and believe it'll all be complete by the time we board.

Incidentally, I've just found the photo album (I did that sort of thing in 2009) from our first Azamara cruise on the Quest in Nov 2009 about 3 weeks after she was launched by Azamara Cruises. Talk about nostalgia. It was to the Caribbean and would you believe it - the itinerary included Virgin Gorda, Dominica, St Barts, and USVI. It'll be fascinating comparing photos of the ship 'then and now'. All very exciting.

Rita

Oops! Correction.....

The year was 2007 not 2009. I wondered why I looked considerably younger back then!

Thank you Jackie for your good wishes. Haven't we crossed paths on board in the past? Or am I getting confused with advancing years?

Rita

Edited by factor30

Following 2 photos from Azamara Journey's Twitter Feed :

Guest relations desk took a beating today. Will soon emerge with a brand new look !

CZQoXr9VIAE_cMl.jpg

Edited by Host Andy

Wow! Just overwhelmed with the changes. I have not been following this thread from the start, just started today and have paged thru and read everything. Wow!

It will be interesting to see the completed changes. We will be on the un-refitted Quest in a few weeks and then on the completed Journey this fall. That way I will have a clear before and after view. Looking forward to two great cruises.

Hope the pictures continue. Thanks to all involved in the postings. :)

Hi Everyone,

A new batch of photos coming shortly, from Captain Johannes. Thank you Captain !

-PAXP-deijE.gif

Edited by Host Andy