Azamara Quest arriving in to Sydney this morning - 14 Jan 2016

Thanks for the pics. I have very fond memories of the Quest from a Mediterranean cruise. Is it berthed at White Bay, such a pity as the OPT is so much more convenient and we found in Europe that we often docked close in to the city where the big ships couldn't go. The opposite in Sydney by the looks of it.

How did they manage to convince Channel 7 to feature Azamara Quest on the news as a ship catering to the "wealthier end of the market"?

They need a lesson in the levels of luxury versus premium cruise lines

It seems the media is besotted with cruise ships this summer - either lambasting them as floating plague ships or now portraying them as preserves of the wealthy...

I wonder if they'll rush down White Bay next month to feature Crystal Serenity when she squeezes under the bridge for the first time

Edited by Bodogbodog

Thanks for the pics. I have very fond memories of the Quest from a Mediterranean cruise. Is it berthed at White Bay, such a pity as the OPT is so much more convenient and we found in Europe that we often docked close in to the city where the big ships couldn't go. The opposite in Sydney by the looks of it.

She had to go to White Bay today because the Carnival Spirit was at the OPT and the Noordam will be there tomorrow but is scheduled to leave at 4pm and the the Quest will go to the OPT around 5 -5:30 pm and sail Saturday.

How did they manage to convince Channel 7 to feature Azamara Quest on the news as a ship catering to the "wealthier end of the market"?

They need a lesson in the levels of luxury versus premium cruise lines

It seems the media is besotted with cruise ships this summer - either lambasting them as floating plague ships or now portraying them as preserves of the wealthy...

I wonder if they'll rush down White Bay next month to feature Crystal Serenity when she squeezes under the bridge for the first time

I don't mind too much how they portray the cruise industry as I know better than to believe what the media spout. As for the media being besotted, perhaps the marketing for cruise lines are running with any news (good or bad)is good publicity.

She had to go to White Bay today because the Carnival Spirit was at the OPT and the Noordam will be there tomorrow but is scheduled to leave at 4pm and the the Quest will go to the OPT around 5 -5:30 pm and sail Saturday.

Cheers, you always have the low down.:D

perhaps the marketing for cruise lines are running with any news (good or bad)is good publicity.

I agree - I suspect the PR companies representing the lines are pumping things up with their spin. I don't know if other channels had anything on this visit but Channel 7 to like to feature a cruise ship story on their news here in Sydney

This time of the year the media only have young "wannabe" reporters on the job , so all sorts of misinformation can get through.

Azamara is Friendly. Relaxed. Sophisticated. Unpretentious

Check out the site....For what they offer there are some good deals..

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-au

WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

Friendly. Relaxed. Sophisticated. Unpretentious. There’s a feeling of camaraderie on an Azamara voyage, and you’re part of it. You’ll love the engaging attitude of our international officers and crew. And with one staff member for every two guests, you’ll love the attentive personal service. No wonder everyone is smiling. Including you.

ELEGANT TRAVEL

A voyage with Azamara is like staying in a fine boutique hotel, only better. Sparkling accommodations, 24-hour room service, a choice of excellent restaurants and an international cellar of fine wines will raise your spirits. You’ll also enjoy many options for evening entertainment, first-rate spa services, and daily classes including fitness instruction.

AMENITIES INCLUDED:

AzAmazing EveningsSM event (on most voyages)

Select standard spirits, international beers and wines

Gratuities

Bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas

Self-service laundry

Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available

Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations

FOR SUITE GUESTS:

All standard amenities plus:

English butler service

235 complimentary Internet minutes

One free bag of laundry service per suite, each seven days

Complimentary dining in the specialty restaurants

Afternoon tea service in suite

Guests in Club World Owner's and Club Ocean suites may choose a complimentary Insider AccessSM or Nights & Cool PlacesSM excursion (as of January 2016)

Come discover the good life onboard Azamara.