Adventure of the Seas - Valet luggage?

beshears

It just dawned on me to ask.

Recently when I cruised on "other" cruise lines, they have had the valet luggage to offer for the end of the cruise. it was worth it for us to pay $20.00 (may be more now) just to take care of our luggage (other than our carry-on), and get it to our home destination. Does Adventure of the Seas offer anything like that?

It just dawned on me to ask.

Recently when I cruised on "other" cruise lines, they have had the valet luggage to offer for the end of the cruise. it was worth it for us to pay $20.00 (may be more now) just to take care of our luggage (other than our carry-on), and get it to our home destination. Does Adventure of the Seas offer anything like that?

(Correct me if I'm wrong.. and this is CC so I'm sure you will.. :D)

No. I don't believe it's ship specific, I believe it's port specific.

i.e. this is not available for any ships disembarking in San Juan.

Luggage Valet is a service offered onboard which enables guests to bypass traditional airport check-ins. Guest who participate will be processed onboard the ship and receive their airline boarding passes, luggage tags as well as baggage claim checks for their checked-in luggage.

This service is available in these selected ports:

•Fort Lauderdale

•Port Canaveral

•Miami

•Seattle

•Seward

and on these selected airlines:

•Air Tran

•Alaska Airlines

•American

•Delta

•United

•US Airways

•Jet Blue

•Southwest Airlines

Participating airlines vary by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply.

Well we are on SW, but we are flying out of San Juan, so thus, therein lies the problem.:(

Since we cannot get the valet luggage by being in San Juan, do you know if they have porters, or someone who can help with the luggage? The reason I ask, my friend had back surgery, and she is not to lift anything real heavy. Of course we would tip, but I didn't know how (she leaves this up to me to find out) to find someone to help us get to our bus transportation with the luggage, after going through customs, or even before?

Beshears....call sw and ask for help in advance....my parents used to do this and were picked up on one of those cart things....I get wheelchair service and in sju it is usually the cart that shows up. ....makes sense as the gates can be so far apart and it helps more than one passenger at a time....I always tip...

There will be porters available inside the terminal to help you find & load your luggage...they will go with you thru customs & out to the bus where you will hand over your luggage to the driver...there will also be porters available at the airport to take your luggage...make sure you go to the Agriculture inspection before you get in line to check in for your airline...

We flew out of San Juan Years ago and used it on American .

And I'll bet it was very convenient, but San Juan is no longer on Royal Caribbean's list of available ports.

And we are flying back from FLL on SWA, but at 11:00 AM...our flight is too early to use it.

Edited by Coralc

Thank you ALL for your responses in regard to SWA, and porters, etc for our luggage pick up, once getting off the ship. Yes, we would be more than glad to tip, if we can get someone to take care of the moving of the luggage.

With SWA, on Carnival and Princess, they would already have our ticket ready for us (always book to/from with SWA), so it was so EASY to board the plane, with only our carry-on. If it wasn't for ME wanting to see St. Lucia (I fell in love with that port/island many years ago, and would love to visit it every year, but very expensive when flying there), we wouldn't have been going to San Juan. I like San Juan, but have been there so many times, that the ONLY reason I went this direction was St. Lucia.:)

• 1 month later...

Just saw this today regarding mu June Cruise on Adventure out of San Juan

Ground Transportation

Luggage Valet

If you're sailing out of San Juan, PR; Miami, FL; Los Angeles, CA; or Port Canaveral, FL; you can take advantage of our Luggage Valet service. It allows you to get your boarding passes and luggage checked in before you get to the airport. To use the service, your final destination must be in the U.S. Participating airlines are American, Continental, Delta, and United. You can purchase it while onboard the ship for only $10.

Ground Transportation

Luggage Valet

If you're sailing out of San Juan, PR; Miami, FL; Los Angeles, CA; or Port Canaveral, FL; you can take advantage of our Luggage Valet service. It allows you to get your boarding passes and luggage checked in before you get to the airport. To use the service, your final destination must be in the U.S. Participating airlines are American, Continental, Delta, and United. You can purchase it while onboard the ship for only $10.

Boy this is confusing. Price is $10 instead of $20. No mention of Port Everglades or Ft. Lauderdale. No Southwest. Continental does not exist.

I think this is from the time warp.

Boy this is confusing. Price is $10 instead of $20. No mention of Port Everglades or Ft. Lauderdale. No Southwest. Continental does not exist.

I think this is from the time warp.

I agrees that its very strange! I just logged into my RCCL account and checked ground transportation again for my upcoming June cruise and the same notice is still there. I did a screen shot but I'm not sure how to post pictures.

It's probably an IT mess up! - I'm going to go check out cruising power.

I agrees that its very strange! I just logged into my RCCL account and checked ground transportation again for my upcoming June cruise and the same notice is still there. I did a screen shot but I'm not sure how to post pictures.

It's probably an IT mess up! - I'm going to go check out cruising power.

Here is what is currently on the website, no mention of San Juan:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

Ground Transportation

Luggage Valet

It was not available in SJU when we disembarked on January 10th off the Jewel.

This is what it says under Ground Transportation for our cruise on Serenade in December:

Luggage Valet

If you're sailing out Miami, FL; Los Angeles, CA; or Port Canaveral, FL; you can take advantage of our Luggage Valet service. It allows you to get your boarding passes and luggage checked in before you get to the airport. To use the service, your final destination must be in the U.S. Participating airlines are American, Continental, Delta, and United. You can purchase it while onboard the ship for only $10.

Edited by cruisenfever

Here I was getting excited for nothing. This is so handy, and yes we paid $20, but it was worth every penny to do it. I guess we will have to get some porters, etc., to help us, as my friend had back surgery, so she cannot lift heavy luggage.