What's the most positive thing you can say about Carnival?

Schoifmom

A Carnival cruise is the only vacation that my anxiety-prone kid finds completely relaxing -- good, simple, predictable food including 24/7 pizza and ice cream (not forced to try new foods just so DH and I can); fun, relaxing outdoor activities; a printed schedule for the next day; enough space to roam but not so much that you feel you could get lost; floating on the sea away from the real world; and a familiar home base after visiting exotic new places. :)

Carnival is a great value and very popular... So popular that people who dislike CCL actually go to great lengths on BBS's like this one to discredit the cruise line at every chance they get trying to dissuade us from sailing on CCL. They are only fooling themselves. :cool:

Edited by The4Cruisers

The Piano Bar was a highlight of our one Carnival cruise. Food was good as well.. I had some kind of Seafoot Crock Pot that I have been craving ever since. Basically like a seafood pot pie...MMMmmmm was soooo good.

Plus:

Being able to purchase full bottles of alcohol to your stateroom from room service.

The trivia games were enjoyable

Cruising out of Baltimore for us is really an inexpensive option

In an effort to bring a more positive light to our year, let's list the most positive things that we can say about Carnival (not that I'm brand hyping here, I just want to see some more positive activity on these boards).

I'll start us off:

I LOVE the comedy clubs!

I love their food! LOL! Seriously! I've cruised RCCL, also, and find Carnival food better!

I find that the staff/crew on Carnival ships always seem to be so eager to make things good for you. They are genuinely warm, caring and just so nice to be around. I don't see any long faces, or lack luster service anywhere. So, crew friendliness is what I notice most.

My Carnival PVP, is also always very helpful, friendly and knows that I can only cruise once a year at best, so she does not bother me with phone calls, but always emails me when a new sale comes out, or a cruise that she knows I'm interested in.

I also happen to like the food on Carnival, some things more than others, but you will not find me complaining about the food. I love the MDR food and even like the lido, and deli etc.

I like the drinks too:D especially the twilight zone, the cruiser, mango swirl, mai tai, and the occasional gin and tonic.

And thanks OP for starting this positive thread! I have been getting wary with so many complains lately.

Edited by SMSACE6

Carnival is our cruise line; we tried it first (in the modern era) and it suits us: plenty to do, good food, we like the little touches (sadly, chocolates on the pillows have gone the way of the dodo bird) and we enjoy the MDR (dressing up for it)....we're not necessarily fancy folks but we enjoy teatime, too!

Cabins are not puny, either.

That is right---the inside cabins ARE larger than than the ones I've had on RCCL!

Carnival is a great value and very popular... So popular that people who dislike CCL actually go to great lengths on BBS's like this one to discredit the cruise line at every chance they get trying to dissuade us from sailing on CCL. They are only fooling themselves. :cool:

I have only cruised Carnival and RCCL, and I would never put Carnival down! There is so much on Carnival that I LOVE, but the same for RCCL. Put it this way--put me on any cruise with great food served to me, a cocktail in my hand, and plenty of fun in the sun for this Buffalo, NY gal, and I am happy! :)

I could go on and on for my love with Carnival. I took my first Carnival cruise in 2005 and we haven't cruised on another line since our first one on the Carnival Valor.

Top 10 reasons why I cruise with Carnival :

10. The ports of call...there is always a fun place to go

9. The amenities onboard....I mean it is a Fun Ship. There is something for everyone to enjoy from waterslides and hanging by the pool to trivia

8. The food....there is a good variety

7. The price...no where else can you get a vacation with as many options as a Carnival Cruise.

6. Three words.....HALF MOON CAY

5. The variety of embarkation ports in great cities like New Orleans, Miami, Port Canaveral, New York City. I could go on and on

4. Platinum status and VIFP perks...I love the priority embarkation

3. Warm Chocolate Melting Cake....need I say more

2. The crew...I have met so many wonderful crew members onboard different ships. I may see them on one ship and years later see them on a different ship and they will remember me by name. I am still amazed at how they do that.

And the number #1 reason why I cruise with Carnival is.....

1. The friends that you meet onboard. I have truly been blessed in life with so many wonderful friends that I have met onboard Carnival ships. Without cruising I would have never any of them.

Love this post and agree with everything (except the CMC- but it is okay) My wife bought coffee on the first day and every time we walked by the server greeted us by name. GREAT STAFF especially the Dinning staff.

Carnival started our addition to cruising in 2008.

We will continue to cruise Carnival for the Fun we have on board to the cost we pay for the cruise (compared to other lines). Others try to persuade me to try a different line, but I am happy with the product we get and the bang for our buck. However, with the Canadian dollar tanking and the exchange rate at 41% (as of today), it is becoming difficulty to justify a holiday in the US. We may look to Europe for our next vacation.