Upsell offer

mrsihopes

When is the latest before a cruise have you received an upsell offer. We are currently booked in an interior on a cruise leaving on the 25th of this month. There are a lot of balconies still available and we were hoping to get an upsell as we have gotten them in the past. It is getting close to the cruise and was wondering if people received upsells the week before the cruise...

Just curious, but are those getting these upsell offers in mini suites at a minimum?

We were in a Balcony cabin and received an upsell offer to a Mini-Suite a couple of weeks ago for our coastal B2B beginning on January 22. Since they were able to give us the same cabin for both cruises, we took it.

We received an upsell last October about a month out, but did not take it then.

As you can see there is no real formula for what will happen. Depends on the individual voyage, it's fill rate and categories, what makes financial sense and a little luck from the "Upsell Fairy". We have had offers anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks out - taken some and passed on others that didn't make financial sense. MDW will always give a hard look at any offer that includes a bathtub.

The last upsell offer I received was three weeks before our cruise. It was from a balcony guarantee (Cat. BF) to a penthouse suite for $199 per person for a three-day cruise. I turned it down. We ended up getting assigned to a Cat. BB accessible cabin on the Baja Deck.

Not necessarily, Princess holds unsold cabins that are not in the public view as well.

Interesting. Does this mean cabins shown as 'Sold' might just be in reserve ? Similarly might big TAs have reserved blocks that become available if unsold at Final Payment ?

We were offered an upsell for our 2/7 cruise from ov to balcony a few days ago so 4 weeks in advance. While waiting for call back I went on Princess site to check available cabins and sure enough we were offered one that showed available on the web site (Aloha deck). As I was prepared I asked for another cabin that I saw available on Baja and was given to this cabin instead. It seems their web site is fairly accurate for cabin availability.

Of course that's not to say they won't move people around at the last minute. A few years ago we were 'upgraded' to another cabin location and didn't realize it until a few days later. Called and got our cabin back without any issue. We booked directly with Princess.

Edited by wen_c82
sp correction

I just counted on princess website and there are still 167 Balcony staterooms available for the cruise we are going on. We are leaving on the 25th of this month, just a short 4 day cruise to Mexico. Just seemed weird to me that there are so many balconies still available.

Edited by mrsihopes