Liberty of the Seas Drydock

I know it's part of the deal when you are the first cruise after a dry dock, but I would not be very happy if I was on the first cruise this week and wasn't able to use the new facilities like the water slides. I never want to take the first cruise after dry dock (or last cruise before dry dock for that matter). Hopefully they get everything open soon.

We'll be on Liberty for first time and Spring Break March 6th. 4 cabins on #7 inner promenade...We will be attaining Diamond level with these 7 days, so woohoo! Liberty will be the largest RCCL we've sailed on, so might not appreciate the new changes out of drydock, but more than excited to see ice show and try out the water slides.

Just looking at the various pictures and videos, my first impression is that the overall view of the Liberty is just fine. Most big ships now seem to have an assortment of water slides on them and the impact of the extra rooms on the front of the ship is minimal. It probably sounds strange for a 63 year old, but I am really glad that they retained the mini-golf! I think they did a nice job on it and it looks like fun. Adding the Sabor restaurant is also high on my list. We don't do many extra charge restaurants but we love Sabor! Add all this together and I'm glad that the Liberty will be stationed in Galveston - just a 90 minute drive from our house!

What is this reserved seating you speak of? Feb 14th will only my 2nd RCI cruise. I have never heard of reserved seating before.

Some of the ships (Voyager, Freedom, Oasis classes, not sure about Quantum class) have reserved pool seating for guests in full suites (Grand Suite or better) and Pinnacle C&A members.

Some of the ships (Voyager, Freedom, Oasis classes, not sure about Quantum class) have reserved pool seating for guests in full suites (Grand Suite or better) and Pinnacle C&A members.

Hi...exactly how does this reserved pool seating work? What if someone isn't using the pool on a particular day?

Thank you

Hi...exactly how does this reserved pool seating work? What if someone isn't using the pool on a particular day?

Thank you

They don't have any specific loungers reserved for you. It's just an area with loungers that is restricted to gold card holders (Grand Suite or better and Pinnacle C&A members), but the actual loungers are first come, first served.

So they put the mini golf on a deck that requires doing stairs, yes? The mini golf used to be one of the only truly wheelchair accessible activities on the sports deck. It's a huge deal as my 11 year old son loves to play as a family. I guess I will have to risk stairs and not have my power chair.

So they put the mini golf on a deck that requires doing stairs, yes? The mini golf used to be one of the only truly wheelchair accessible activities on the sports deck. It's a huge deal as my 11 year old son loves to play as a family. I guess I will have to risk stairs and not have my power chair.

[emoji22] if the front of deck 13 is where they put it (as the speculation indicates), then yea I guess you may be right. [emoji20] I wonder if there's any chance they extended the elevators on the end to go up there.