Liberty of the Seas Drydock

Maybe I'll start a Go Fund Me page to purchase the unlimited internet and I can post photos all day :)

I was told by a loyalty ambassador last month on the AOS that the ships are getting the new internet when they are in dry dock and he assumed the Liberty would be as well. Then someone coming off the LOS recently posted on here that they were not getting it during drydock. We are also on the 2/7 sailing and I will be disappointed if it isn't the speedy internet!

I was told by a loyalty ambassador last month on the AOS that the ships are getting the new internet when they are in dry dock and he assumed the Liberty would be as well. Then someone coming off the LOS recently posted on here that they were not getting it during drydock. We are also on the 2/7 sailing and I will be disappointed if it isn't the speedy internet!

I just got off the Liberty and was told the new internet won't be completed until June or July of this year. I doubt if you would find any pictures of the ship in dry dock since they like to keep everything "top secret" until the ship is back in service.

Edited by Alysia
added another comment

Whats the last day of the cruise that I can add an unlimited internet package?...

You can purchase unlimited internet on the last day. The price per day may be higher than if you had purchased earlier in the cruise.

George - I am guessing it will. We cruised on Oasis and they have a suite lounge instead of concierge lounge. The happy hour was indeed the same as was the breakfast. The venue itself was different but the floorplan on Liberty appears to be very similar to the Diamond Lounge - with a bit more square footage. I hope the decor is nice, we liked the comfy furniture in the old CL. Although it will be nice to have windows to admire a few sunsets.

Do we know if new suite lounge will have same hours and same stuff as old CL??

Nothing official yet. Might be similar to the Oasis class Suite Lounge where beer/wine/soda is served 11am to 11pm.

Nothing official yet. Might be similar to the Oasis class Suite Lounge where beer/wine/soda is served 11am to 11pm.

We just got off 1/10 and asked about that, I don't think it's going to happen, even though would love it. We just did two weeks on OA and LOVED the suite lounge and the Coastal Kitchen.

I was so surprised to hear from Xavier the HD that the VOOM wont be on until June, why not during dry dock. VOOM is outstanding...it's so fast, better than home almost, you can watch Netflix even. Which totally beats the TV selection on RCCL. IMHO.

Can't wait to do B2B 2/14 and 2/21.

I've been tracking her on Marine traffic and googling for photos...there are a couple of her in dry dock but you cannot see much.

We have to wait until April 24th so by then some of you will be able to enlighten us...lurking over on the Feb. 7th roll call too, but they probably won't be posting after the 7th....so we have to rely on you who are cruising soon. I'll be watching everything I can get my hands on....:D

Looking forward to hearing reports from the 2/7 cruisers. I hope the work is complete and you are not dealing with any delays that would impact your cruise.

If anyone is in a suite, would love to see photos of the new suite lounge.

We'll be on it those dates.

Are there any threads with photos of Liberty of the Seas in her current drydock in Freeport Bahamas? id love to see photos of the work going on onboard her. it amazes me how much they do in so short of a time period.

Thank You

Bobby

No kidding. This photo of some of the water slide build made its way into the Nether Regions of the Internet. Must have been pre-built. I don't think they could have put that together in just a few days.

86258111742c4f7aa82a2a48bd3c67f6.jpg

Do the slides stay at this place? Looks ugly and together with the hat of extra cabins in the front it destroys the former beautiful silhouette of the ship even more. I hope no similar "upgrades" for Independence soon. She is the last remaining good looking ships from the big ones now.