Better to Send a Complaint by email or Snail Mail?

yogimax

We are D+, but have never complained about any of our sailings. Sure there were small things, but that is life.

I do want to send a comment/concern, however, regarding our horrendous debarkation from Independence. It was a slow torture with people dragging suitcases down three flights of stairs. In addition, there was no provision for folks with status.

So here's my question... is it better to send a comment by email or snail mail? Which is more likely to get the attention of someone?

Also, any suggestions of the best address to use?

Thanks,

Yogi

We are D+, but have never complained about any of our sailings. Sure there were small things, but that is life.

I do want to send a comment/concern, however, regarding our horrendous debarkation from Independence. It was a slow torture with people dragging suitcases down three flights of stairs. In addition, there was no provision for folks with status.

So here's my question... is it better to send a comment by email or snail mail? Which is more likely to get the attention of someone?

Thanks,

Yogi

That sucks, status or no status. I would suggest send it by email, as it will get there faster, while it is still fresh in the minds of those involved. I am sure someone will chime in with the right email address.

I have always sent to the head honcho by email and let it work its way down rather than wait for it to work it's way up.

Status should not enter into this issue. Everyone had the same issues.

Yes, I agree. My concern is for everyone who had to trudge down the stairs, often one step at a time. Many people had their suitcases with them and it was torture. Then, there was a total bottleneck at the gangway and a fairly long walk to the terminal. It was terrible for the elderly, those with children and those with heavy loads.

So who is the "head honcho," Goldstein or Fain?

Yes, I agree. My concern is for everyone who had to trudge down the stairs, often one step at a time. Many people had their suitcases with them and it was torture. Then, there was a total bottleneck at the gangway and a fairly long walk to the terminal. It was terrible for the elderly, those with children and those with heavy loads.

I believe it is now Micheal Baily (sp?), but I could be mistaken.

It doesn't hurt for them to know about safety concerns.

Always better to send it snail mail.

Send it off to:

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

Be sure to include your contact information and you will receive a call from the corporate office. Give them a few weeks and the will respond.

This is exactly what I did. I mailed the letter on December 22 and received a phone call on January 12. I am sure the two long holiday weekends contributed to the time it took for a response.

I have heard that D+ status entitles all members to a personal assistant that will pick any correspondence up at your residence and hand deliver it to any and all RCL employees that is designated. For compensation the CEO will carry all bags of those who have "complained" off the ship on the next booked cruise.

...........oh bye the way IMO most of those I have seen self debark are in the "retired" spectrum of lifespan and probably have the luxury of time......but as it goes they seem to always be in a rush.......:cool:

they signed up for it

they signed up for it

Not so!

They signed up for a safe debarkation.

They signed up for a relatively speedy debarkation.

They signed up for a debarkation that would not involve multiple flights

of stairs.

They signed up for a debarkation that would not totally stop for minutes at

a time.

They signed up for a debarkation that would not last well over an hour.

Edited by yogimax

Thanks,

Yogi

I was on the 12/28 sailing of the Indy and I've never seen anything like it.

Not so!

They signed up for a safe debarkation.

They signed up for a relatively speedy debarkation.

They signed up for a debarkation that would not involve multiple flights

of stairs.

They signed up for a debarkation that would not totally stop for minutes at

a time.

They signed up for a debarkation that would not last well over an hour.

Was the problem with self-assist or general debarkation? The "signed up for it" comment might be referring to self-assist.

It's Michael Bayley now. I'm not sure of his email.

I thought they were doing so much better. Were you at pier 29 by any chance.

We do self assist disembark anytime we drive to the port. Technically you don't sign up for it you just do it. On Brilliance in December there was a notice that you were to meet in the auditorium, that you would have to be able to take your own luggage down steps with no elevator. We've seen people with a stupid amount of luggage try to do it, we usually have one suitcase and a carry on each and can take our own.

Self assist is also the earliest off the ship, so not to slow people down later. If people were hauling their own suitcases later during general disembark they were late, and they were causing the problems not RCL.

If people were hauling their own suitcases later during general disembark they were late, and they were causing the problems not RCL.

Huh? There is no prohibition of people taking suitcases during general debarkation. If there had been a good flow off the ship, they would not have had a problem. True, they faced a greater problem, but so did the rest of us who did not have suitcases but were still standing in lines over an hour with the stuff we had. Yes, I am a Loyal Royal, but in this case, RCCL is at fault, not the folks with suitcases!

Edited by yogimax

Huh? There is no prohibition of people taking suitcases during general debarkation. If there had been a good flow off the ship, they would not have had a problem. True, they faced a greater problem, but so did the rest of us who did not have suitcases but were still standing in lines over an hour with the stuff we had. Yes, I am a Loyal Royal, but in this case, RCCL is at fault, not the folks with suitcases!

If those who were not self assist had suitcases, too bad for them.

An hr wait? So What!

Those of us who have been on many cruises have all been through it. What's special about this time?

Others have stated that it didn't happen on their cruise

Stuff happens, Big deal!

If those who were not self assist had suitcases, too bad for them.

An hr wait? So What!

Those of us who have been on many cruises have all been through it. What's special about this time?

Others have stated that it didn't happen on their cruise

Stuff happens, Big deal!

................but, but, but you don't understand........it happened to a DIAMOND+ member........Royalty............Upper crust......:cool:

................but, but, but you don't understand........it happened to a DIAMOND+ member........Royalty............Upper crust......:cool:

Yup, I know.

I'm D+ also.

I know it can and does happen. An hr isn't that bad really

Sure wouldn't be crying about it to corporate

Edited by SeaUs