SS Cruise Critic Member Review Data v. Other Ultra Premium Lines

Kilroyshere

WesW;

I've tried to keep this thread on measurable, objective points regarding SS v. the other small ship luxury lines.

To make this forum about me or Keith is not productive. Others have tried to do that.

But as you've weighed in regarding 'balance,' I'll bite;

We have one of Keith's 'balanced' posts questioned by not just me, but Mr. Luxury has directly contradicted Keith's assertions regarding SB entertainment.

Likewise, there were no flowers on SS Spirit last week. The odd single white orchid in each bar and the few single green sprigs of what appeared to be sage on a few dining table, do not constitute the kind of floral decor all other Luxury cruise ships are adorned with nor what SS shows in their web pictures. Now Keith whom you say is balanced stated on one hand, flowers were not there for allergies. Then he tried to state there were some flowers on Spirit when there just were not. Flowers are not a deal breaker, but are something fine hotels and cruise ships have to soften a sterile atmosphere. I believe it's SS going on the cheap and removing an expensive item they just didn't think would matter or be missed.

Keith asserts the up-charge on 2 of SS's dining venues is to control crowds. I wonder where he comes up with that? Measured against SB, Crystal and Regent with similar size ships this is not so. Regent's Prime 7 dining venue has no issue serving all passengers at least once a week. Same for SB's R2 restaurant and Crystal's Prego and Silk Road...all without up-charges. So much for 'all inclusive' on SS. And I won't debate about the food in all these venues as 'cold soup' discussion is anecdotal and cannot be measured.

SS Spirit had not a single outside entertainer...period. CD Moss confirmed this aboard ship when I asked him about that. Again, this is not typical of small ship Luxury cruising. Keith weighed in dismissing this issue by saying he doesn't care about after dinner entertainment...so balance discussing one cruise line v. another is now dependent on Keith's interest? Sorry, I'm not buying that. Like flowers and floral arrangement decor, I believe this was SS going cheap again and saving money by offering less than other small luxury ships do and not offering professional outside entertainment.

As for your suggestion I contact SS directly, that's my business. What I'm posting here is a forum discussion about SS v. the other Luxury small ship lines and using the CC data gleaned from member cruise reviews.

And you referred to Keith as a Cheerleader, not me.

Back on thread...

Edited by Kilroyshere

I can't see how this works...

Prime seats 36, so over 7 nights it seats a total of 252 settings over a 7 day cruise.... 470 passengers. Doesn't work...

Oh wait, does that mean you have to choose a seating time and adhere to an In and out time limit? That's not fine dining, nor luxury.

I have no issue with an in time, but the last thing I want is to have to finish or be done before I am ready.

Kilroy, am sure Keith was flattered to be referred to as a Silversea Cheerleader. IMO, Keith is one of, (if not the absolute top) the most balanced (and polite) posters on cruise critic.

Altho, Keith will not post this in your face (esp on the Silversea thread) but he is probably the #1 Cheerleader for Crystal cruises--know of no cruise critic poster who more articulately posts (in a balanced manner) their passion for their fav cruise line than Keith does for Crystal. It also speaks highly of Keith's balanced approach to cruising despite his love of Crystal, both Anne Marie and Keith are willing to give other cruise lines a try.

Agree with the point Keith may be trying to make with you Kilroy, going directly to Silversea may be more productive than posting here (no guarantee Silversea reads or reacts to cruise critic posts). If you are interested in opening a personal dialogue with Silversea recommend you contact the Guest Relations Manager, Frank Sansone.

Wes, I wish we had a like button on CC....well said. The bottom line is that Keith and Anne Marie enjoyed their cruise and that is all that matters.

I can't see how this works...

Prime seats 36, so over 7 nights it seats a total of 252 settings over a 7 day cruise.... 470 passengers. Doesn't work...

Oh wait, does that mean you have to choose a seating time and adhere to an In and out time limit? That's not fine dining, nor luxury.

I have no issue with an in time, but the last thing I want is to have to finish or be done before I am ready.

They turn the tables like any fine dining establishment. They might do 2 full covers one night and 1.5 another if say, it's a Capn's dinner in MDR. I don't recall the exact hours, but it was open for at least as long as MDR.

They do not hurry you nor time you out. Spend as long and as leisurely a time as you like.

Reservations can be booked in advance on-line before the cruise. You choose the time you wish to eat.

Like any restaurant, you might not get the exact time and day you wish if you wait till last minute, but they do guarantee you will get at least one dinner in those venues. Additional dinning can be had on a wait list basis when some people change plans and cancel. We've always had multiple dinners at Prime 7 on a single voyage.

And there is no up-charge.

Edited by Kilroyshere

They turn the tables like any fine dining establishment.

Fine dining restaurants do not turn the tables..... well not good ones IME.

They focus on having a few diners enter in given slots in order to maximise the ability of the chefs to create a quality meal.

Every experience at a restaurant where they turn tables IMHO has been a case of you have an xx amount of time, e.g. in at 6 must be out by 8. This is not pleasurable IME..

It is not possible for any restaurant to make a booking for 8pm if they cannot be sure the table will be available. If they do they either face the ire of the customer who is not finished their meal, or the customer that has to wait for theirs.

WesW;

I've tried to keep this thread on measurable, objective points regarding SS v. the other small ship luxury lines.

To make this forum about me or Keith is not productive. Others have tried to do that.

But as you've weighed in regarding 'balance,' I'll bite;

We have one of Keith's 'balanced' posts questioned by not just me, but Mr. Luxury has directly contradicted Keith's assertions regarding SB entertainment.

Likewise, there were no flowers on SS Spirit last week. The odd single white orchid in each bar and the few single green sprigs of what appeared to be sage on a few dining table, do not constitute the kind of floral decor all other Luxury cruise ships are adorned with nor what SS shows in their web pictures. Now Keith whom you say is balanced stated on one hand, flowers were not there for allergies. Then he tried to state there were some flowers on Spirit when there just were not. Flowers are not a deal breaker, but are something fine hotels and cruise ships have to soften a sterile atmosphere. I believe it's SS going on the cheap and removing an expensive item they just didn't think would matter or be missed.

Keith asserts the up-charge on 2 of SS's dining venues is to control crowds. I wonder where he comes up with that? Measured against SB, Crystal and Regent with similar size ships this is not so. Regent's Prime 7 dining venue has no issue serving all passengers at least once a week. Same for SB's R2 restaurant and Crystal's Prego and Silk Road...all without up-charges. So much for 'all inclusive' on SS. And I won't debate about the food in all these venues as 'cold soup' discussion is anecdotal and cannot be measured.

SS Spirit had not a single outside entertainer...period. CD Moss confirmed this aboard ship when I asked him about that. Again, this is not typical of small ship Luxury cruising. Keith weighed in dismissing this issue by saying he doesn't care about after dinner entertainment...so balance discussing one cruise line v. another is now dependent on Keith's interest? Sorry, I'm not buying that. Like flowers and floral arrangement decor, I believe this was SS going cheap again and saving money by offering less than other small luxury ships do and not offering professional outside entertainment.

As for your suggestion I contact SS directly, that's my business. What I'm posting here is a forum discussion about SS v. the other Luxury small ship lines and using the CC data gleaned from member cruise reviews.

And you referred to Keith as a Cheerleader, not me.

Back on thread...

This is too funny.

Yes I made a mistake. I went back to my Seabourn programs and there was on board entertainment on the Pride. It was not very large. The ship was only 200 guests.

To err, is human. And I will tell you the focus of the evening was dinner. It went on for a couple of hours. That was a positive.

Remember you have errors too. No flowers on the ship? Wrong. :D

There were flowers on the Spirit. At a minimum, the were at the Japanese Restaurant and La Champagne and our room. Did you not have a live plant in your room with flowers as we did?

Here goes.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ska_eNfEj7M/VqQPWCcBKcI/AAAAAAAAy1c/Kon_UbZO4Mw/s1600/P1010159.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6FnlPILbET8/VqQPWdG3-7I/AAAAAAAAy1k/C58zKu8I0mo/s1600/P1010220.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XbYppC3acAg/VqQPWXS2JDI/AAAAAAAAy1g/-t10fs5Q7bo/s1600/P1010278.jpg

The ones in our room were larger than we have had on other luxury line. Yes.

Again, sorry you didn't care for Silversea. We know that.

That's life. It didn't work for you. I get it.

It worked for us.

You get that?

It doesn't work for everyone.

But it does work for many.

Isn't that great?

I think so.

Yes, an up charge is necessary at places like La Champagne. Admittedly I didn't understand the $40.00 per person charge until I dined there. Then I got it. 24 seats. Table is just for one seating. It makes sense.

Oh well. It's obvious you hated the cruise. I respect that.

But I hope you will respect those of us who enjoyed it.

Peace.

Life s short.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

Emtbsam asked me to post this Flowers photo in her suite. She is now on board the Spirit. We can't wait to join Bob and Victoria, Wellseasoned (Dieter & Debbie), and EnglishUSA(David) in Barbados this coming Monday.

vicflow_zpsn8erpxq1.jpg

Edited by WesW

One cruise is not an overview of any product's offerings. We have had guest entertainment on Silversea. We've had flowers and we've also had really good times and great food.

I am currently in Barbados enjoying a few days before boarding the Spirit. I am like jelly I am so relaxed. Tuning in to CC and this thread in particular makes sure my heart is still beating.

Speaking of beating, where's the dead horse? Kilroy, you've turned into Kill Joy.

Many people including me has had wonderful experiences on many different lines. If I wanted perfection, I wouldn't cruise at all but stay home and do it myself.

Keith thinks before he weighs in on any topic. I for one am very happy he enjoyed Silversea and considered it a luxury product. He's been around long enough to know the difference. SS is more boutique. Crystal is almost twice the size. Apples and Oranges. Crystal is a great product but, so is Silversea and to many others Regent and Seabourn.

Find a place where you are happy. Then your disappointment and risk will be limited.

Fine dining restaurants do not turn the tables..... well not good ones IME.

They focus on having a few diners enter in given slots in order to maximise the ability of the chefs to create a quality meal.

Every experience at a restaurant where they turn tables IMHO has been a case of you have an xx amount of time, e.g. in at 6 must be out by 8. This is not pleasurable IME..

It is not possible for any restaurant to make a booking for 8pm if they cannot be sure the table will be available. If they do they either face the ire of the customer who is not finished their meal, or the customer that has to wait for theirs.

Yeah, fine dining books reservations in anticipation of turning tables.

The MDR of every cruise ship turns tables. Are you saying that's not fine dining?

If a land based restaurant doesn't turn tables, they go under.

The majority of diners eat within a reasonably predictable time frame. Reservations are taken in anticipation of so many tables within a block of time opening. Some diners who linger are just part of the booking equation a successful restaurateur anticipates.

On a cruise ship, there's the evening entertainment...well on most cruise ships other than SS. And the Maitre d or Front of the House Mgr knows from experience when the majority of diners will arrive and then clear out with predictable regularity for the evening show.

I've decades in the restaurant business, fine dining and hospitality industry. I know what I speak of, regardless if you believe that or not.

Maybe that is the case I the US but it hasn't been the case in 99% of place I have dined.

Including 10 of the San Pellegrino worlds top 50'best restaurants.

No wants to start eating at 10pm (we generally book opening time tables) no chef want to start meals at 10.30pm

Perhaps your concept of fine dining and mine do not align. Just as your views on SS and mine don't either....

Kilroy, I feel sorry for you. I didn't want to join in but now I have too. Your thoughts and comments almost mirror ours after our 1 and only cruise on SS. We have sailed P&O, HAL, Windstar,Seabourn, and Uniworld. Before each cruise we research reviews,photos, etc and adjust our expectations accordingly. We thought we knew what to expect on SS. We were very disappointed. Food was the worst area (we were on Shadow just before they failed the inspection) but also condition of the ship and furniture - dirty arms of chairs in lounges, torn lamp shade in our room, holes in bath robe to name a few things. After my review I was asked if I had complained to Hotman. No I didn't, on a "luxury cruise I shouldn't have to! I was told I was looking to be negative. No I wasn't- I really wanted to like SS as they have good itineraries, but they just don't provide a product that warrants the money they charge IMO. The photos of the food and venues around the various ships that have been posted on CC have not changed my opinion of SS.

I agree with what Kilroy is saying as we had a similar experience, but it is my opinion, just as it Kilroy's opinion, just as Keith's opinion is his. There is no right or wrong here, just different people accepting different levels of a luxury experience. I have a problem with a so called balanced review when the writer opening admits they only look for the positive in every situation. Surely if it is balanced, you see it is, good or bad, and report accordingly - once again JMHO.

We are are on the Silver Whisper world cruise. Life is great as how many millions of people do not get to go on a cruise, much less than a luxury cruise. It's been 4 years since we have been on Silversea as we have spent a great deal of time on Seabourn (2014 world cruise) & 60 days last year. We have been amazed at the high quality of the food & the outstanding service. Although subjective, In our humble opinion, the food is light years ahead of Seabourn & we have over 400 days on Seabourn. And the MDR is open for lunch every day. That said we going on Seabourn again, as we are itinerary driven and therefore returning to Seabourn in 2017 to tour China & Japan. Maybe a factor of the world cruise, but Silversea seems to have a better level of food & service. We have not had any courses that were not cooked proper or at the right temperature. Are there negatives - sure, but all cruise & luxury lines have negatives. At the end of the day, if you don't like something, move on and do something else. Seabourn & Silversea are very good products. We did a Crystal cruise last year and were underwhelmed with the food. But, could have been an anomaly. So we will try them again. One should not judge anything based on a single experience. Seabourn stopped doing world cruises (probably a cost cutting factor) and on the 2014 world cruise there were only 85 passengers out of 450 on for the entire world cruise. There are 195 out of 315 passengers on this world cruise as compared to Seabourn. And we have met a number of folks that were on the Seabourn world cruise that are Silversea converts. And there were only 14 passengers who have not sailed on Silversea from Callao. They must be doing something right.

I've decades in the restaurant business, fine dining and hospitality industry. I know what I speak of, regardless if you believe that or not.

I have been waiting to ask this question for a long time:

Every ship we have been on we find, during diner, dish’s are described in French and have lots of accompaniments that only a few can interpolate. Most guests just stumble through ordering the dish, eat it and dream there dining at some three-star Michelin restaurant. But of course most have never been in that type of restaurant. We find almost every dish is not executed properly. Going back to the school days, if we tried to serve our chefs at CIA those dished for a grade I would see them tossing those dishes in the trash, We have had many discussions with all the head chefs on every ship about this recurring problem . We tell them since they are working with frozen proteins, just make something simple but make it proper and very flavorful. They all tell me the home office requires them to make fancy dishes for the guests. Do others in the food business feel the same? That trying to make something really fancy with frozen food is not the best way to impress a guest. Not seasoning the vegetables or over-cooking them is easily fixed… I tell them to just making the best and most flavorful fried chicken at sea would be fine? Is it just me? Do others in the food business find the same thing?

Wes, it doesn't matter if there are flowers on board now or not. Apparently there weren't on Kilroy's cruise, or not enough to satisfy his/ her expectation. Also I forgot to mention our experience of dining in LC. We believed what we read on the website - when you board, ask your butler to make reservations. By the time our butler come to our room, LC was completely booked out. We didn't know that we had to go and book it ourselves as soon as we boarded ( dare I say like a mass market ship?) We asked to be waitlisted but we never got to eat there. I believe now you can book online. On any given night, I actually like to see what is on offer in other venues before I decide where to eat. How do I know if I will feel like French, Italian or Japanese on a particular night in 6 months time? Not a luxury experience - IMO

Job, you can book online and you can cancel

There is no penalty for doing this, knowing they take a waitlist also means I don't stress if I wish to change because soemone else if happy to fill. How is this different from needing to prebook on Regent for what may effectively be a dining slot.

I like to dine in the Restaurant for formal dinners so work out based on if it is a sea day as to whether it will be a formal night. I also know from cruise experience that the day before last night is generally formal as is the second day in.

If there are multiple days in port you can almost guarantee the first and maybe second of these are casual.

fWIW Keith and Kilroy were on the same cruise so the flowers Keith posted were on that cruise

On the subject of frozen protein. Our deck BBQ had mussels and Jemina the chef was caught out because they were fresh but due to the excessive heat and the fridges not coping as well as they hoped the ambient temp had been turned down and the mussels had become slightly frozen. So clearly SS does bring fresh protein on board. We also saw fresh fish in foam being loaded on board in one port. I know it was fresh because there was a catch date written on the side in Texta.

On one evening the lobster (which due to its variety we would call a cray or yabbie) was definitely fresh. Living here and eating seafood or freshwater creatures straight form the environment gives you a very good radar. One look at the creature and you knew it was a local variety.

I am not saying SS does not use frozen proteins, I do quite frequently at home because if dad caught it and we snap freeze it, it will still be fresher than the so called fresh at the market. I bring lamb back from the farm that is spectacular, I freeze it, but the farmer assures me I don't need to and it generally takes a week from farm to plate. Yes it tastes better if I cook within a few days without freEzing

Wes, it doesn't matter if there are flowers on board now or not. Apparently there weren't on Kilroy's cruise, or not enough to satisfy his/ her expectation. Also I forgot to mention our experience of dining in LC. We believed what we read on the website - when you board, ask your butler to make reservations. By the time our butler come to our room, LC was completely booked out. We didn't know that we had to go and book it ourselves as soon as we boarded ( dare I say like a mass market ship?) We asked to be waitlisted but we never got to eat there. I believe now you can book online. On any given night, I actually like to see what is on offer in other venues before I decide where to eat. How do I know if I will feel like French, Italian or Japanese on a particular night in 6 months time? Not a luxury experience - IMO

Sorry you were not able to get a reservation.

We were fortunate to be able to make ours on line.

But even on other cruise lines that was not possible as was the case on our first cruises on two other luxury lines. It's nice that most cruise lines provide this capability from mainstream to premium to luxury lines. Before that even when we have had butlers on the first day I would still make the reservation myself knowing that the butler might be running around doing other things. For changes I would use the butler on another line. Didn't try it with Silversea.

I guess we knew from our cruses on other lines that it is ideal to book ahead of time and that specialty restaurants can book up. We booked ours the first day we could so we had wide open choices. I have to say though that about two weeks before our cruise since there was only one formal night we decided not to take a tux and formal gown. We love to dress in formal attire but we made this one exception. To my amazement I was able to add another reservation at the time we desired. Now I knew we probably could add early on in the cruise but not necessarily at the time window we preferred.

While in the perfect world it would be nice to make the decision the day you pan to dine, on the cruise lines that we have sailed while there is always a chance something might be open on many nights that is not the case and if the cruise is not very long then the odds are even greater nothing will be open. But that is not quite different from land. The only difference is that on land there could be hundreds of restaurants but if there are some special ones you have in mind they are just not necessarily going to be available on land either.

In fact, on the line I sail the most we can make one reservation at each specialty restaurant (there is no fee so you can make a maximum of one. Fees come into play depending on how many cruises you have taken or the length of the cruise) and we can do this as soon as we make final payment. Actually, some of us will make final payment earlier on that line to make our reservations. Since on that line we get a 2.5% discount in total cost of the cruise by paying six months early I just paid six and half months in advance for a cruise and made my reservations. Now, as we get closer I could try to change them and on line I will know if that is possible without cancelling my original reservation).

My sense is that Specialty Restaurants are so much popular today than they were back in the day. In fact, when we began cruising there were no specialty restaurants that in time the emphasis will be on specialty restaurants dining.

Keith

Mrs. Waldorf, it was Wes who posted the photo of flowers that was from someone who is on board now. It really doesn't matter - on the same cruise, someone had a good time, someone didn't. Simple as that. As I said before no one is right, no one is wrong, just different opinions. I can relate to things that Kilroy experienced as they were things that we experienced. I'm sure people on our cruise loved it, it's just not we expected. I think it is time all parties agreed to disagree. JMHO

Mrs. Waldorf, it was Wes who posted the photo of flowers that was from someone who is on board now. It really doesn't matter - on the same cruise, someone had a good time, someone didn't. Simple as that. As I said before no one is right, no one is wrong, just different opinions. I can relate to things that Kilroy experienced as they were things that we experienced. I'm sure people on our cruise loved it, it's just not we expected. I think it is time all parties agreed to disagree. JMHO

I also posted the flower with the plant from our room.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XbYppC3acAg/VqQPWXS2JDI/AAAAAAAAy1g/-t10fs5Q7bo/s1600/P1010278.jpg

Like most lines we have sailed the flower/plant in your room will vary based on your accommodation. The larger the suite, the larger the flower.

Yes, if you don't care for something you will go out of your way to find all that disappointed you and if you like something you will largely focus on what you liked.

But there were flowers on the ship and we were on the same cruise.

No, flowers in the some dining venues, flowers in others, flowers in the room.

It's funny I never thought about it. Guess we were enjoying ourselves too much to focus on that.

As I looked back at my photos The Bar Lounge didn't have flowers on the tables but to me it was one of the prettiest lounges we have ever been to on land or at sea.

Keith

I also posted the flower with the plant from our room.

Like most lines we have sailed the flower/plant in your room will vary based on your accommodation. The larger the suite, the larger the flower...

...But there were flowers on the ship and we were on the same cruise.

No, flowers in the some dining venues, flowers in others, flowers in the room.

It's funny I never thought about it. Guess we were enjoying ourselves too much to focus on that.

As I looked back at my photos The Bar Lounge didn't have flowers on the tables but to me it was one of the prettiest lounges we have ever been to on land or at sea.

Keith

The one single orchid in your room...I acknowledged there were single orchids in a few venues including suites. I acknowledged some dining tables had an unattractive single sprig of asparagus like green (or was it a sage sprig), in a small vase.

As compared to lavish floral arrangements on other Luxury small ship cruise line suites, that lonely orchid and asparagus sprig does not speak well of SS detail to luxury.

But the fact is; aside from the odd single orchid or asparagus, there were no flowers or floral arrangements on this 'Luxury' cruise.

You were taking snaps of each plate of food served, the buffets and other venues and yet, you have no pictures of flowers or floral arrangements in public ares but for a lonely orchid or asparagus sprig. There may have been floral arrangements on other SS cruises, but not this one.

In your other threads when I first mentioned this floral feature missing, you acknowledged that fact. Now, you're saying something different.

Please, prove me wrong; go through your pics and post shots of public areas from THIS cruise and show the flowers you claim were there.

Others aboard ship discussed the missing floral arrangements on this cruise with us (aside from the single orchids here and there). Perhaps they'll post to confirm this or perhaps not.

You were caught posting false assertions that SB Pride had no in-house entertainment. You were adamant about that claim. When others refuted that with knowledge of SB's crew and named them, you meekly walked back your false SB claims.

I've tried to stay on thread regarding measurable features of SS and how they comport to the low CC member reviews...and SS no doubt has the lowest CC review scores among SB, Regent, Azamara and Crystal.

Trying to discuss simple, measurable, objective truths, there can be no balance or credibility when one posts about things that are not true, that they have to walk back later.

With all due respect.....isn't it time we drew a line to this thread. Keith did a wonderful job reporting live and kudos to him for taking the time to do so and also for his very balanced review.

Kilroy had issues on the cruise and those opinions are valid from his/her point of view.....it is however becoming tiresome to read about the lack of flowers on board......one can't even take them into hospitals these days so maybe it's a health issue[emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As compared to lavish floral arrangements on other Luxury small ship cruise line suites, that lonely orchid and asparagus sprig does not speak well of SS detail to luxury. You were taking snaps of each plate of food served, the buffets and other venues and yet, you have no pictures of flowers or floral arrangements in public ares but for a lonely orchid or asparagus sprig. There may have been floral arrangements on other SS cruises, but not this one.

During our upcoming Feb. 2-12 Silver Cloud cruise from Cape Town along the South African coast, I will do some checking to see how much in the way fresh flowers will be on the ship. I like to take lots of pictures during our cruises and will report back, honestly, on these CC Boards what we observe and experience.

Personally, fresh flower arrangements are nice, but not my main, top criteria to determine whether a cruise is "luxury" or not. For us, there are many, varied and other more important, relevant factors to consider as to what exactly defines "luxury" or not. We are most interested in where we are going/stopping, getting good quality food, having nice/helpful staff and fellow passengers, etc.

Below are a couple of my pictures from our 26-days on the Silver Cloud in early 2015 from sailing up the Amazon River and around the Caribbean.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 134,424 views for this posting.

In one of the Silver Cloud suites, here is how the much-discussed orchid looked. Plus, also below is one of my visuals for some of the fruit that was served on the ship at one breakfast. This fruit does not look like it just came out of the can.:

Jan2016PixsA2_zpsy5e9eh2u.jpg

Jan2016PixsA1_zps2xdzmh3l.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio