Concierge Class

Lovely_Star

I know this is somewhat subjective but since it will be our first time on Celebrity I'd like to know what the consensus is. We are booked on 7/9/16 Equinox sailing (Verandah, Deck 9) and I was wondering if an upgrade to Concierge class on Deck 10 was worth an extra $160?

The ONLY reason to upgrade to concierge class (on an s-class ship) is that you get 5 points per day vs 3 points per day in the captain's club program. All of the other benefits are essentially "fluff".

We are elite plus, will never make zenith level so we happily book either an aqua class cabin so we can dine in Blu or a 1A cabin on solstice class ships.

on M-class ships, concierge and aqua cabins are at least 20 sq ft larger than the other balcony cabins and that's worth some additional cost to us.

I wouldn't move unless it was a aft cabin with a larger balcony. The perks, as others have mentioned aren't worth much. I would take the $160 and enjoy a nice dinner in Tuscan or Murano with a nice bottle of wine.

We like Concierge for the aft-facing cabins and extra CC points. The one Veranda we booked was just fine and was actually pretty similar to the Concierge-class, though the bathroom wasn't as nice and we didn't get the extra points. The latter was more missed, as it would have put us in Elite on the last cruise instead of the upcoming one.

That being said, if you're new to Celebrity, the extra points may not be as important to you.

Concierge is not worth much $$., and you do have to pay higher tips, but not much. But, often you can get CC for the same or less than Veranda. And, it is really location dependent. For sure, the canapes are not worth it. You can usually get your steward to get you the nicer robe that is supposedly only for CC. And, after our next cruise, we will be Elite, so really won't worry about captains club points anymore.

We have cruised many times in C2 cabins on the S class ships deck 12. For us it is a great location. Walk right out to the pool and one deck up to the buffet. I like the afternoon canapes. You can get shrimp cocktail or a cheese plate instead.

The ONLY reason to upgrade to concierge class (on an s-class ship) is that you get 5 points per day vs 3 points per day in the captain's club program. All of the other benefits are essentially "fluff".

We are elite plus, will never make zenith level so we happily book either an aqua class cabin so we can dine in Blu or a 1A cabin on solstice class ships.

on M-class ships, concierge and aqua cabins are at least 20 sq ft larger than the other balcony cabins and that's worth some additional cost to us.

Agree and I would add that another reason to book it is that sometimes Celebrity runs specials that only kick in when you book a certain class cabin. It can be a benefit on M class ships because some of the cabins and verandas are bigger but not on S class ships. Check out the price of Aqua Class cabins, sometimes you can get good prices and that is a good upgrade.

I think I might do it, especially if it means the extra points and if there was a good cabin available.

You will get priority boarding and tendering as well as the other things mentioned above. We also got priority seating for anytime dining and spa reservations.

If still the same, you will get foot stools on your balcony. May not matter to some but we love those. We can take a nap out there that way. There are some concierge cabins on the hump which are a fabulous choice if you like those balcony naps.

The little afternoon snack can be customized and it was always nice to have that waiting in our room for us every afternoon.

The room service menu is also expanded so that made a difference to us as well.

Now, if only $160 to upgrade to aqua class, I would definitely go for that.

We have cruised many times in C2 cabins on the S class ships deck 12. For us it is a great location. Walk right out to the pool and one deck up to the buffet. I like the afternoon canapes. You can get shrimp cocktail or a cheese plate instead.

This is the reason we book CC. Deck 12 - love it!

We booked concierge on Infinity because that's where the aft balconies are. We wanted those badly and paid the price. Oddly enough the Aqua class rooms on our sailing are cheaper than CC. I guess aft balconies are a bigger draw for Alaskan cruises so the price reflects that. The other perks of CC were not enough for the price but location was worth it.

I think I might do it, especially if it means the extra points and if there was a good cabin available.

You will get priority boarding and tendering as well as the other things mentioned above. We also got priority seating for anytime dining and spa reservations.

If still the same, you will get foot stools on your balcony. May not matter to some but we love those. We can take a nap out there that way. There are some concierge cabins on the hump which are a fabulous choice if you like those balcony naps.

The little afternoon snack can be customized and it was always nice to have that waiting in our room for us every afternoon.

The room service menu is also expanded so that made a difference to us as well.

Now, if only $160 to upgrade to aqua class, I would definitely go for that.

As others have said many of the perks are fluff. Just to point out priority boarding only means a separate line, very often the lines are shorter in the regular cabins. On this board we have never been able to figure out what priority reservations for dining actually entails.

Room service menu now is pretty much the same for all cabins with the exception of a couple of specialty items.

Also, not sure if the upgrade you mentioned is $160 pp or per cabin.

What about the noise from above? We are looking at a concierge guarantee.

We book the one of the first three cabins, starboard (port side has a smoking area right outside the sliding doors). Noise can be hit and miss. It's not noise from the buffet, which is right above, but noise from the sliding doors. If you're noise sensitive you will not like this location.