Oasis of the Seas tips

Hello

We just booked our 1st Royal Caribbean cruise, going on Oasis of the Seas for this June. I wanted to know some of your tips and things to do and to avoid on the oasis. Also what do you think of this ship.

Thank you! :)

Edited by mickyminnie890

Hello

We just booked our 1st Royal Caribbean cruise, going on Oasis of the Seas for this June. I wanted to know some of your tips and things to do and to avoid on the oasis. Also what do you think of this ship.

Only been on this class of ship once but the aqua show is a must I believe. We had a boardwalk balcony at the end and watched it from our cabin. If you like Mexican food Sabor is very good. Central Park is a great area just to have a drink and people watch. There is a secret area on deck 14 to view the ocean and a good spot for sail away which not many people know about. Go on port side (left) hallway all the way to the front of the ship and there will be a door that leads you outside. There are hundreds of other tips others will point out to you but just a few that I know of.

Edited by Sky616

Make sure you book your entertainment online as soon as it opens especially the comedy show (it is a small venue and books quick) the ice show is great as well as the aqua show. Make sure you read the compass daily to see what is going on each day. It is a large ship but is so great. look at the deck plans to get familiar with the layout. Try the roast beef sandwich at park cafe. Central park is a great place to go for a quiet place to read etc.

Only been on this class of ship once but the aqua show is a must I believe. We had a boardwalk balcony at the end and watched it from our cabin. If you like Mexican food Sabor is very good. Central Park is a great area just to have a drink and people watch. There is a secret area on deck 14 to view the ocean and a good spot for sail away which not many people know about. Go on port side (left) hallway all the way to the front of the ship and there will be a door that leads you outside. There are hundreds of other tips others will point out to you but just a few that I know of.

Thank you I'll definitely check that out!

Make sure you book your entertainment online as soon as it opens especially the comedy show (it is a small venue and books quick) the ice show is great as well as the aqua show. Make sure you read the compass daily to see what is going on each day. It is a large ship but is so great. look at the deck plans to get familiar with the layout. Try the roast beef sandwich at park cafe. Central park is a great place to go for a quiet place to read etc.

Definitely going to book entertainment this weekend!

Definitely going to book entertainment this weekend!

Entertainment typically doesn't open till 90 to 120 days out. If you are interested in some of the cruise compasses from the western route, copies are in my November review link in my signature below.

Enjoy the Oasis.

If you have a soda drinks package that includes the refillable soda mugs, there are machines:

2 by Sorrentos on deck 5

2 (one each side) by the entrances to the Windjammer on deck 16

and a hidden one in the Video Arcade on deck 15 (just aft of the aft elevator bank on starboard side)...I never saw anyone else using this one!

Simon

Entertainment typically doesn't open till 90 to 120 days out. If you are interested in some of the cruise compasses from the western route, copies are in my November review link in my signature below.

Enjoy the Oasis.

The entertainment is open for my cruise already.

following!

the tips i've found so far specific to Oasis:

- Shuffleboard location behind aqua theater is a great view of ship's wake

- Best place to see the parade is from the Schooner bar and you can watch it from a level up or Sorrento’s pizza

One of the best places to watch sailaway is the Sun Deck on Deck 14. Take the portside room corridor all the way forward and you'll see a door leading out to it. Gives you a great view of sailaway and you can sort of peek into the bridge wings from there and see the ship's officers and crew working.

LOVE THIS SHIP

1) at sail-away..go to the "secret" hallway (port)and wear something bright and wave good-by. There is a camera on the hotels and family can watch you sail away and when you come home, it is still on the webcam for Fort laud

2)There are periscope "things" attached to deck and when you look in them, it is magical. Central Park have many , but they are all over the ship. Ask at GS for list.

3)Ice Show..wear warm clothes, you are in a ice arena.

4)There is a Globe opposite Sorrento's. It opens and the Captain and crew members, welcome you from there. Check daily Nav for times.

5) Adults pool area is sooooo nice. Sun and shade areas and food/drink.

I am so jealous..Have a GREAT cruise. Relax and enjoy.

LOVE THIS SHIP

1) at sail-away..go to the "secret" hallway (port)and wear something bright and wave good-by. There is a camera on the hotels and family can watch you sail away and when you come home, it is still on the webcam for Fort laud

2)There are periscope "things" attached to deck and when you look in them, it is magical. Central Park have many , but they are all over the ship. Ask at GS for list.

3)Ice Show..wear warm clothes, you are in a ice arena.

4)There is a Globe opposite Sorrento's. It opens and the Captain and crew members, welcome you from there. Check daily Nav for times.

5) Adults pool area is sooooo nice. Sun and shade areas and food/drink.

I am so jealous..Have a GREAT cruise. Relax and enjoy.

Thank you :)

Hello

I sailed the Oasis last year and LOVED it! There are plenty of complimentary eating areas, so that if the Windjammer (buffet is too busy) you do have alternatives. The Park Cafe in Central Park has breakfast sandwiches, and salads and other foods the rest of the time; The Prommenade Cafe is also complimentary with pastries and sandwiches; Sorrentos has free pizza; Johnny Rockets serves complimentary breakfast, including fried eggs; The Solarium Bistro has complimentary breakfast and lunch; and there is also a free cafe by the flow rider and zip line area. And of course, the main dining rooms, which one is open for breakfast and lunch, and all three for dinner.

We went to all the shows. HATED CATS! Too long and boring! Loved the water show in the Aqua Theater!

We had a 70s night in the Prommenade, which was fun!

But our favorite place was Central Park. We would have a night cap there to unwind before heading back to our cabin.

Enjoy Oasis! We did!

As already mentioned, make sure you take a look at all the "Small Wonders," scattered around the ship. Some look like chrome binoculars on posts, others are upside-down brass telescopes. Here's a thread with a partial list: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441464

We've been on Oasis and Allure for a total of 5 weeks and never knew you could get a complete at Guest Services! We hope they have them on Harmony!!

So many ships, so little $$ and time!

We've been on Oasis and Allure for a total of 5 weeks and never knew you could get a complete at Guest Services! We hope they have them on Harmony!!

So many ships, so little $$ and time!

A complete what? Racking my brains!

Set of menus? Set of Compasses?