Anthem menus from 1/3/16 sailing

I am not sure how correct it is but someone on a previous cruise out of NJ mentioned that the menus on the apps didn't always match the full menus in the restaurants. From this report it shows the steak on the Silk Menu

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48496553&postcount=36

And that is a few weeks before my cruise. My menus had the hibachi steak and shrimp on both menus. Not really Asian (at least not in the way it was prepared), but people really enjoyed it. Also, the appetizers on that older menu were different than on mine (and sounded much better). I actually took pictures of the appetizer sections of the restaurant menu, which changed on the Silk menu on the second time thru, but they're clearly in flux so not really worth posting.

BTW the menus on the touch screen panels near the elevators did not match what was on the IQ app or what was in the restaurant (when they were making changes). I know this because I was looking for the tuna appetizer and it was not there.

Oh yeah, and I took pictures of some of the menus before I was able to capture them from the app, and I can confirm that there is no steak in the Classics section.

Edited by MisterBill99

A million thanks!:)

I was on the Quantum last April and i don't recall the A & B menus. The whole cruise was so overwhelming that they could of had it.

So when i go to book our dining (my time which i quess is called dynamic dining now) is there a way to choose A or B or to even know which day has A or which day has B:confused:

Or do you just go to the complimenatry restaurant when you choose which one on a particular day:confused:

The specialty restaurants are a bit easier as i know which days for those.

Anyway thanx again for all your help. This was so nice of you to do

Liz:)

Random Question about ordering dinner. Can you have them leave off "sauce"? I like chicken and beef, but typically despise things in sauce. So if I was to order something like the beef, can I get it without whatever sauce they put on it?

I'd imagine it depends on the dish. If it's a simply grilled piece of beef or chicken, you should be able to get it without the sauce. If it's a prepared dish, probably not. I was able to get the Chic onion chicken without the bacon, so they can certainly make some changes.

There is a plain grilled chicken breast as part of the Classics section on the menu.

Edited by MisterBill99

This is incredibly helpful. Thank you. Bummer Silk removed the Indian offerings....booooo.

I spoke to the head chef for the specialty restaurants while on board and he told me that they had found that the American cruisers did not like the curry dishes they had on the menu in the UK. I'd heard this before. I don't think that is the problem, I think the problem is that the food was poorly prepared.

Edited by MisterBill99

A million thanks!:)

I was on the Quantum last April and i don't recall the A & B menus. The whole cruise was so overwhelming that they could of had it.

So when i go to book our dining (my time which i quess is called dynamic dining now) is there a way to choose A or B or to even know which day has A or which day has B:confused:

Or do you just go to the complementary restaurant when you choose which one on a particular day:confused:

The specialty restaurants are a bit easier as i know which days for those.

Anyway thanx again for all your help. This was so nice of you to do

Liz:)

Thanks (and also to everyone else who thanked me).

I was never on Quantum so I don't know about the A/B menus there. I did find some menus posted on this site and it does appear that there was a single menu and there were more choices (and the food sounded better, but who knows).

As for when the menus are served, the menus switch after 4 days, and then (in my case) every 2 days after that. So for the 12 night cruise, the A menu was days 1-4, then again on 9-10, and the B menu was 5-8 and 11-12.

You need to book carefully if you care about hitting both menus. I used a spreadsheet :)

I'd imagine it depends on the dish. If it's a simply grilled piece of beef or chicken, you should be able to get it without the sauce. If it's a prepared dish, probably not. I was able to get the Chic onion chicken without the bacon, so they can certainly make some changes.

There is a plain grilled chicken breast as part of the Classics section on the menu.

I am totally good with ordering grilled beef or chicken minus the sauce... I'm assuming anything that they "plate" food with like garnished and such can be left off... I wouldn't try to get them to make Beef Wellington without pate or whatever, but maybe chicken without the sauce poured over top :) Thanks!

I am not able to see the menus any longer, not sure if it is me or if they were moved out of their photobucket space and the link no longer works

Still works for me. Granted, I am the OP but I'm currently checking from my phone using the Forum app.

Are you folks who can't see them clicking on the pictures or just viewing them in the thread? Or are you not even seeing them in the thread? I tried clicking on one of the photos and got an error from Photobucket saying that they're doing maintenance. They show up fine in the thread here.

If you're having problems seeing them please post the error you're getting.

Update - it's obviously a Photobucket problem. I found this on their FB page:

UPDATE: We are continuing to increase traffic volume to our servers. There may still be intermittent service disruptions throughout the night as our engineering team continues to test the stability of our infrastructure.

Once the site is up, accounts will be restored to normal. You will be able to log in with your usual credentials and no further action will be required.

Our number one priority is to get the site up and running 100% for all users. After that is completed, we will focus on a plan to make this up to our users.

Edited by MisterBill99