MSC Divina drink packages

shelpt

The actual coupon:

IMG_20160402_154039.jpg

Did they have any limitations on types of alcohol you could get other than it being less than $8? For example: Maker's Mark has a red asterick by it saying it is premium, even though it only costs $7.25....where they excluded?

Did they have any limitations on types of alcohol you could get other than it being less than $8? For example: Maker's Mark has a red asterick by it saying it is premium, even though it only costs $7.25....where they excluded?

If it has a red asterisk a voucher won't work for it

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

Not sure how up to date they are, but finding menus online is very limited. I did call and ask MSC how much a typical frozen drink was to determine if we wanted any drink packages or not and they told me over the phone $7.25 US dollars. So if things haven't changed since we first booked a few months ago they seem to be what the prices should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these prices up to date? They look to be very cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Those menus are from 2014 but as far as cocktails and beers those were the prices onboard a week ago.

I had premium week of 3/26/16. It includes everything ! On celebrity my premium had cutoff dollar amount, not so here. For example, a double rum dark and stormy is a $18.25 drink, no problem, our friend created a key lime martini, but had doubles, served in a margarita glass, over $20 each, no worries !! The gelato sundaes, pastries, unlimited use of mini bar and snacks, ( choco peanuts, A+) we found it to be a good value, plus never having to say no. I do agree that the drink prices are some of the best I have seen, so for moderate indulgers the cost ala carte is still not too bad. And just found out from cousin that bottle water isn't included in NCL packages, what a joke ! With premium I was getting quart size bottles of evian to take off ship. go for it !

Those menus are from 2014 but as far as cocktails and beers those were the prices onboard a week ago.

Can you point me to the direction of your MDR menus on Divina, if you have some? I saw someone else mention that you had some more recent ones than Gambee's.

Thanks!

Thank you!

Feel free to ask any other questions there as well. Seems there are a handful on this forum that have been on the ship in the last few weeks or months and are jumping all over to answer questions :D

Can you confirm that all the cocktails without the red star are available with the allegrissimo package

On some pages, the red star is printed on top of the page or category to indicate the whole page or category is excluded.

there seems to be a far bigger choice than when I sailed MSC in Europe

There are differences. Don't remember about the cocktails, but no bottled beer at all was included on our cruise with MSC Splendida in the mediterrenean.

My wife and I aren't heavy drinkers, but will drink the frozen drinks, we were considering the 12 or 18 voucher book for our June cruise, is there any advantage to the 18 voucher over the 12, we were each getting our own set of coupons... We read the 18 voucher which included the premium liqour, but we dont really care about premium? We weren't sure if the frozen drinks only fell under the 18 voucher program.

Edited by 2Krunk
spelling

My wife and I aren't heavy drinkers, but will drink the frozen drinks, we were considering the 12 or 18 voucher book for our June cruise, is there any advantage to the 18 voucher over the 12, we were each getting our own set of coupons... We read the 18 voucher which included the premium liqour, but we dont really care about premium? We weren't sure if the frozen drinks only fell under the 18 voucher program.

The 18 voucher booklet includes "Call Brand" liquor and not premium brands. The excluded drinks and or liquors are designated with a red asterisk on the bar menus.

13055108_1618859105034173_1107583380271598769_o.jpg

I believe the 12 drink book is $72 for us (assuming you're sailing on Divina from Miami). In that case, the math strongly suggests going for the 18 vouchers for $14 more. You'll have to go part way through the booking process to check the pricing, but that's what I recall and what is reflected higher in the thread.

We used ours 18-coupon-book coupons primarily for frozen concoctions (margarita, daiquiri, and DW somehow got a frozen mojito) and never had an issue.

According to your screen shot, the 12 also does not include premium... or is it a different 'premium'? :D This is the MSC webite after all!

It looks like the 18 simply includes a wider variety of items, all of which are lower priced that cocktails. That is probably why it is priced much lower per coupon, though not a particularly adept business decision.

The 18 voucher booklet includes "Call Brand" liquor and not premium brands. The excluded drinks and or liquors are designated with a red asterisk on the bar menus.

13055108_1618859105034173_1107583380271598769_o.jpg