Pillows

Martin and Lindsey

If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant I do not see how you can gamble with the health of your child! Have you seen what this virus causes? It would catastrophic to have a child born with that type of defect.

The CDC is saying do not go - and for those that say just stay on the ship - so you think a mosquito can't hitch a ride in a beach bag to the ship, or simply fly over the railing. What is your child's life worth to you? Less than the price of a cruise? Wow.

Excuse me for butting in everyone,

but Jane2357, I have just seen a post you made in 2013 about pillows.

I am searching to try to find out which type of pillows are available on Celebrity ships. Like you, I have had a fusion of 2 levels of my neck and which pillow I sleep with it very important otherwise I am likely to suffer severe pain and headaches.

Due to luggage allowance limitations and travelling for over a month on this planned trip, it would be great if I didn't have to bring my pillow with me. What pillow did you find suited you?

I use a memory foam, shaped, neck pillow. Do they have those onboard as far as you know?

Hoping that you will see this :)

I am searching to try to find out which type of pillows are available on Celebrity ships. Like you, I have had a fusion of 2 levels of my neck and which pillow I sleep with it very important otherwise I am likely to suffer severe pain and headaches.

Due to luggage allowance limitations and travelling for over a month on this planned trip, it would be great if I didn't have to bring my pillow with me. What pillow did you find suited you?

I use a memory foam, shaped, neck pillow. Do they have those onboard as far as you know?

Hoping that you will see this :)

It is so important you have the proper pillow for your needs, why not think about buying one when you arrive at your initial location at the start of your vacation. If you will be traveling for a month, that is a long time to suffer if you cannot get the correct pillow on the ship and presumably in a hotel you might be visiting.

Whilst most of us 'know' what type of pillow suites us I suggest you contact special needs and find out what they stock and try to consider if they would suit you. I am sure if pre warned they will have a full selection for you to try on boarding.

Alternatively you could order some pillows on line that you know suit you to be delivered to the hotel where you will be spending you last night before boarding ( in liaison with the hotel of course!). If it is too expensive to take them back home post cruise then just leave them behind, better than struggling with pain during your cruise.

Have a great holiday!

Have no idea exactly what you use. I would seriously doubt they would have a memory foam pillow in a special shape. I agree with the other posters that I have never heard of any hotel (including 5STAR) that have such an item in their inventory. It is as was suggested that the medical needs department might be able to get you one but think you really need to bring your own for the flights and hotels anyway.

Hope this helps.

Celebrity does have the type of pillow you're describing.

I ask for it on every cruise but every room steward we've had calls it something else. :p

I just describe the pillow to them and it's on the bed by the first night.

It's not a high quality pillow (I don't have neck issues, just prefer this pillow) but if I did I think I would take the suggestion of having a pillow shipped to the hotel you're staying in the night before the cruise.

Call the hotel and tell them to expect a package for you and they'll note it in your reservation.

(If you're traveling for a month won't there be nights in hotels where you will also need a good pillow?)

50178108747c?$478$

This is the pillow I get.

Edited by chamima

Thank you to eveyone who has replied to my post.

I do usually always take my pillow with me wherever we go. However, this time our luggage allowance doesn't allow the space for my pillow and clothes! :eek:

I have thought about buying a pillow in Sydney, which where we get on the ship, use it while in Sydney, take it on the ship and then off again at Hawaii and use it there until we fly home again. (Before Sydney, we will be at Hong Kong and Melboure)

We are in the UK, so I don't really know the shops in Sydney where a suitable pillow could be purchased. I've been looking online to find one.

Chamima, that is the type of pillow I need! I have bought a travel version but it is not big enough and I have back pain too so am a very restless sleeper and I fall off it. I do hope you are correct and that they have a pillow like this.

I will try and contact the 'special services' of Celebrity to ask about this. Does anyone have an idea where I can find them? :confused:

I really appreciate you all replying to try to help me. :-)

Edited by Martin and Lindsey

Just off Equinox, and the pillows were horrible. We asked for something firmer and got 2 down pillows in one pillow case......not good when you have allergies! I ended up using the toss pillows from the couch.

Just off Equinox, and the pillows were horrible. We asked for something firmer and got 2 down pillows in one pillow case......not good when you have allergies! I ended up using the toss pillows from the couch.

I love down pillows so this answer is very valuable to me as we will soon be sailing on the Equinox. Sorry it didn't work out so well for you.

I ask for it on every cruise but every room steward we've had calls it something else. :p

It's not a high quality pillow (I don't have neck issues, just prefer this pillow) but if I did I think I would take the suggestion of having a pillow shipped to the hotel you're staying in the night before the cruise.

Call the hotel and tell them to expect a package for you and they'll note it in your reservation.

(If you're traveling for a month won't there be nights in hotels where you will also need a good pillow?)

50178108747c?$478$

Great pillow (I think they call it Isotonic) and we get them each cruise from the cabin steward. However, we just got back from a B2B on the Silhouette and the isotonic pillows they brought were in terrible shape. It took two tries to find two that were in decent enough shape to offer support.

50178108747c?$478$

That is the foam pillow I got while on my most recent Equinox cruise.

THANK HEAVENS I had the presence-of-mind to bring my own TempurPedic foam pillow with me. What I got was way too soft for me.

I've been bringing my own pillow for several years. NO regrets.