Distance from Celebrity Pier in Honolulu Harbour to Iolani Palace and Waikiki Beach

cachouonacruise

Hi, we are going to be saîing out of Honolulu on the Solstice in May 2017. The Solstice will overnight, the first night in Honolulu. So, I am wondering: Is it possible to walk from the Pier to Iolani Palace? Realistic and easy or to avoid? Also, how easy is it to get from the Pier to Waikiki Beach and hotels? Walkable? Taxi expensive? The reason of my asking is that Hop on Hop off reviews seen on these boards are not all excellent. We're not really all that interested in the commentary done in these buses, often difficult to hear through speakers in a noisy environment. Your experiences and suggestions will be most welcome! Thanks!

When we were there in 2012, there was a HOHO trolley that went all over Honolulu. The big drawback for us was that it didn't run very late. I think the last trolley back to the ship was around 5:00 pm -- and our ship didn't depart until much later. You can get more information on this, as well as the City Bus, over on the Ports-of-Call boards. :cool: