First X Cruise:SILHOUETTE JAN 17 2016

Bimmer09

Enjoyed great read kept me on the edge of my seat, now looking forward to sailing again on Eclipse in 2 weeks time.

Thank you sir, glad you read it through.

Enjoy the Eclipse!!

Norris

I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello while we have a halfway decent internet connection. We are still aboard and docked in St. Maarten as I type this. Our experience has been just outstanding! We have loved virtually everything about this ship, its crew and the overall experience. The only negative is that the internet has been abysmal ... but that's sort of a blessing in disguise, as well, as it has prevented me from being bothered by work emails. ;)

So, just saying hi, and thank you again for all the information you shared which helped us a great deal in preparing for this cruise.

Best to all, and will post more once we're home. :)

It's great to hear you guys are having fun and enjoying that superb ship!

I got a decent wi-fi signal up by the lawn at the Sunset bar.

Have you eaten at the Lawn Club Grill yet? See my man Val there-he's the best!

Sacha the manager is a hoot too.

Have a great time!

Norris

Judy I see you over on the Princess board now that I've pushed the boat out.

Glad you read this review. I had a lot of fun on the ship and in writing about it.

We haven't decided on a next cruise yet so as it stands it will be the Reflection in January.

Norris

Norris,

You really must do another cruise before next January.......how could I possibly wait that long?

Judy

A very enjoyable cruise, thanks for for taking us along, I will jump over to Princess to read your wrap up.

BEV

Thanks for following to the end. Much appreciated!

The Princess thing will take some time to write but come on over as it's already started.

Norris

Thank you,Norris ,for the very interesting review.

It certainly was a page-turner!

Could you and Carol go on another cruise ASAP,please? We need another excellent review!

I shared some of your comments from the review with my husband.

He certainly appreciates your humor,must be the Irish genes !

I look forward to reading your comparison of X and PCL on the "other" board.

I had mentioned to you in a previous post (seems like weeks ago)that we were not impressed by our one and only X cruise on the Summit before the dry dock improvements .

There were a few reasons for the disappointment.The ship felt dark and confusing to us after sailing on the Crown Princess and the Sapphire Princess (inaugural season).

We missed the open atrium design and could not understand the reason for the extremely long staircase in the midship area that most people used as a photo background and did not climb the entire staircase to go from one deck to another.

Another reason is one that you experienced on your last day of the cruise.We found the staff,for the most part,to be aloof and distant on the Summit.

Again,we may have gotten accustomed to the friendly staff members we met on our

Princess cruises.

Your review has caused us to reconsider an X cruise.

We will be interested to read your conclusions.

Again,thank you for your time and effort in creating your reviews!

Thank you,Norris ,for the very interesting review.

It certainly was a page-turner!

Could you and Carol go on another cruise ASAP,please? We need another excellent review!

I shared some of your comments from the review with my husband.

He certainly appreciates your humor,must be the Irish genes !

I look forward to reading your comparison of X and PCL on the "other" board.

I had mentioned to you in a previous post (seems like weeks ago)that we were not impressed by our one and only X cruise on the Summit before the dry dock improvements .

There were a few reasons for the disappointment.The ship felt dark and confusing to us after sailing on the Crown Princess and the Sapphire Princess (inaugural season).

We missed the open atrium design and could not understand the reason for the extremely long staircase in the midship area that most people used as a photo background and did not climb the entire staircase to go from one deck to another.

Another reason is one that you experienced on your last day of the cruise.We found the staff,for the most part,to be aloof and distant on the Summit.

Again,we may have gotten accustomed to the friendly staff members we met on our

Princess cruises.

Your review has caused us to reconsider an X cruise.

We will be interested to read your conclusions.

Again,thank you for your time and effort in creating your reviews!

MJ thanks for the response.

The humor comes from (a) my dad who was very dry witted and (b) growing up in Northern Ireland during "The Troubles" and © the great British comedians of the day whom I won't mention here as they would mean nothing.

I too have pondered that big staircase in the M Class eating up space. A spiral would have been just the ticket.

I hope you saw the Silly as far removed from the M class Summit. They began the S Class with a clean sheet of paper and fresh ideas and let some superb interior designers loose with their imaginations. With Princess we got the Royal Class...

I'm glad you clicked on this review.

Norris

Does this ship have glass blowing like Solstice?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No sir it doesn't- It has a fantastic grill instead, as does the Reflection.

The Corning Glass Show is on the first 3 S Class ships-Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse.

Norris

Norris,

I have been off the board for quite a while but logged in today in anticipation of my 3/13 sailing on the Silhouette.

Fortunately,I clicked on your review and enjoyed every page.

It was impossible to stop until I read every page!

Without a doubt ,it is the best travel review of any type I ever read .

Although I have been on the Solstice twice and the Reflection once,everything felt brand new .

Thanks for taking the time and sharing.

Jim

Norris,

I have been off the board for quite a while but logged in today in anticipation of my 3/13 sailing on the Silhouette.

Fortunately,I clicked on your review and enjoyed every page.

It was impossible to stop until I read every page!

Without a doubt ,it is the best travel review of any type I ever read .

Although I have been on the Solstice twice and the Reflection once,everything felt brand new .

Thanks for taking the time and sharing.

Jim

Jim, thanks for the kind comments. Much appreciated!

I'm glad you read it through in one sitting. I'll call the Guinness Book of Records in the morning.LOL.

Thank you for such a positive response.

Norris

Wow Norris! Thank you so much for taking the time to photograph every detail and to write up such a fabulous review!!

Thank you ma'am!

I'm very glad you read it and enjoyed.

When's your next cruise and review?

Norris

Norris,

We were on the Silly the same week and have so enjoyed your posts! Your pictures are excellent, thank you for sharing. We had two wonderful weeks right up to debarkation and I found that unacceptable. Look forward to your next cruise review and will enjoy your previous ones.

Ann

Norris,

We were on the Silly the same week and have so enjoyed your posts! Your pictures are excellent, thank you for sharing. We had two wonderful weeks right up to debarkation and I found that unacceptable. Look forward to your next cruise review and will enjoy your previous ones.

Ann

Thanks Ann!

Yes the disembarkation at pier 25 was a doozy.

I'm glad you liked the review and thanks for thinking of reading my older ones!

Norris

Hi Norris,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of both cruise and ship. After reading 1044 posts, it is time to come out of the shadows and say HI! Your camera skills are top notch and tell your story so well, I wish I had the patience to document everything like you do. I am also up before dawn and my favorite time on a ship is the pre-dawn hours just as the sun is coming up. So quiet and peaceful.

We are sailing her in March, your review has been very helpful in answering MY inquiring mind and has convinced us to do the Segway tour in PR. We have an Alcove reserved and was very happy to see that there is entertainment on the lawn. Your eye and your viewpoint is inspiring. I have already started to read your PCL-X comparison.

Thank you again and "see" you soon! Randi

Thank you ma'am!

I'm very glad you read it and enjoyed.

When's your next cruise and review?

Norris

We actually set sail in 3 and a half weeks for a Western Caribbean cruise on the Equinox. All our ports are new to me (including Ft Lauderdale haha) so it should make for a fun adventure. We are going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Panama, Costa Rica, and an overnight stay in Colombia. Look for my review in early April :D

We actually set sail in 3 and a half weeks for a Western Caribbean cruise on the Equinox. All our ports are new to me (including Ft Lauderdale haha) so it should make for a fun adventure. We are going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Panama, Costa Rica, and an overnight stay in Colombia. Look for my review in early April :D

We did this sailing in 2014. In Panama look at the Celebrity tour, "CO26"

It is a long one thru all the locks with excellent narration by a retired US Army member. One of the best 'history' non beach tours we have ever taken.

EW

Hi Norris,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of both cruise and ship. After reading 1044 posts, it is time to come out of the shadows and say HI! Your camera skills are top notch and tell your story so well, I wish I had the patience to document everything like you do. I am also up before dawn and my favorite time on a ship is the pre-dawn hours just as the sun is coming up. So quiet and peaceful.

We are sailing her in March, your review has been very helpful in answering MY inquiring mind and has convinced us to do the Segway tour in PR. We have an Alcove reserved and was very happy to see that there is entertainment on the lawn. Your eye and your viewpoint is inspiring. I have already started to read your PCL-X comparison.

Thank you again and "see" you soon! Randi

Randi, thanks for coming out of the shadows and for the compliments!

You will love the Segway tour with Jorge!

5 a.m on any ship is a magic time.

Thanks for taking an interest in the comparison.

Norris

Nice itinerary.

I can rely on you to take a lot of photos!

Have fun and then tell us all about it.

Everyone- watch out for Deladane's review!

Norris

Hi Norris --

I did as you suggested and watched you and Carol sail out of Port Everglades. I saw you on your aft balcony -- Carol was waving a white towel and you were taking pictures and waving. I am going to make a fresh pot of coffee in the morning and then settle down to catch up on what is now page 53. I know it will be entertaining.

SilverBird