Majesty of the Seas

jonesca2

This will be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Can anyone tell us about your experience on this ship? Is there anything in particular we should try? We will be sailing in August.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This will be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Can anyone tell us about your experience on this ship? Is there anything in particular we should try? We will be sailing in August.

Thanks!

Hard to say, won't it be in Port Canaveral by then. It is also coming out of a rehab that will not have all the bells and whistles they originally promised.

Thanks!

Try the complimentary Compass Deli, if it's still onboard.

With her move to Port Canaveral, my favorite ship :) is getting a makeover - although not quite as extensive as when first announced - so no one is really sure yet. If they keep Compass Deli, I agree with Bob, that it's always a great alternative to Windjammer.

Remember that because of Majesty's age, the wow is more about enjoying Coco Cay and/or Nassau. She just doesn't have the space and ability to pack in all the features that her newer sisters have. But she is still a wonderful ship with a great crew.

With her move to Port Canaveral, my favorite ship :) is getting a makeover - although not quite as extensive as when first announced - so no one is really sure yet. If they keep Compass Deli, I agree with Bob, that it's always a great alternative to Windjammer.

Remember that because of Majesty's age, the wow is more about enjoying Coco Cay and/or Nassau. She just doesn't have the space and ability to pack in all the features that her newer sisters have. But she is still a wonderful ship with a great crew.

Will the crew stay the same after both a port change and a minor refit

Thanks!

We are going August 1st sailing - when are you going?

Isn't Denton the HD now and Bing Bong is bringing her up. So there are two very key crew changes

Correct, Marc will be on MJ until he retires later this year. I believe JD has been HD for a while now.

DW and I sailed on her out of Miami this past Oct and had a very good time. We thought the WJ was too small and finding a seat was a challenge but we ate all our dinner meals in the MDR and had outstanding service. I wouldn't judge RCI based on the Majesty if this is your first cruise with RCI. We won't do anything less than 7 nights from now on because we had a long flight to get there and air fare was a bit high for a 4 day cruise for us. If we were in the local area, I'd go back on her in a heart beat.

Thanks!

We have sailed on Her Majesty of the Seas quite a few times and always had a good cruise. Some cruises were more 'fun' than others and the CD has a lot to do with that....but they have always been good cruises. Yes, what Her Majesty lacks that her bigger and newer sisters have, puts added emphasis on the activity staff to keep things happening on board. The good CD's do an outstanding job and then their activity team takes their cues from the CD. You can have a great time on sailing on Her Majesty, just don't judge her against her bigger sisters, just not fair.

Do try Compass Deli, if it is still there when you sail. We did not find her, until we sailed on Her Majesty a few times. That means we missed some of her great wraps and foods that need to be tried and enjoyed on a few cruises....if Compass Deli is there, is a something not to be missed!

We sail on her again in a couple of weeks and it will likely be our last cruise on her, since she will be moving to Port Canaveral from Miami, and we have plenty of choices in Miami w/o a drive of 3 hrs.

But Her Majesty will always have a special place in our cruise experience log.

A number of the crew we spoke to are trying to get on enchantment. If you think about it there's also an advantage to keeping the Miami crew in Miami. There are so many regulars and the short Miami cruise market attracts a very particular crowd that is very different from the PC passenger base.

A number of the crew we spoke to are trying to get on enchantment. If you think about it there's also an advantage to keeping the Miami crew in Miami. There are so many regulars and the short Miami cruise market attracts a very particular crowd that is very different from the PC passenger base.

You might be surprised, the 3 day crowd out of Orlando is pretty lively. And not everyone in Brevard county is 70. ;)

I don't mean that :) Miami just by its nature gets a huge Latin and Cuban crowd. Lots of quinciera celebrations etc. There's also a reason that Majesty has a much larger Boleros than other ships.

I've sailed out of both ports and it's definitely a very different vibe between south Florida and mid Florida.

I am not surprised that some/many of the crew want to stay on a ship that homeports in Miami. The reason could simply be, they themselves have family in Miami and they can get to see them for a little breakfast or morning once or twice a week.

That was the reason the Mark "Bing Bong" Walker was the CD on Enchantment for many years....his family was local and he could see them, even if for just a few hours each week.

I think it has less to do with the cruisers who frequent the ship and more to do with other issues.

We were on MJ the week before she was due for a dry dock in 2007. We asked what would happen in the dry dock. An officer told us about a new project they had that was the "Compass Deli". And get this, Compass Deli was being put on MJ on a trial run to sea how a new plan called "Park Café" would work. Let's hope the CD remains after this next dry dock.

Rick and Deirdra

We were on MJ the week before she was due for a dry dock in 2007. We asked what would happen in the dry dock. An officer told us about a new project they had that was the "Compass Deli". And get this, Compass Deli was being put on MJ on a trial run to sea how a new plan called "Park Café" would work. Let's hope the CD remains after this next dry dock.

Rick and Deirdra

I would think it would be pretty easy to turn Compass Deli into Park Cafe if they wanted to.

You got it Bob! Advertise it as Park Café. That name is recognized much more than Compass Deli. And keep it open regular hours. (Unless the bean counters want to change it in to a 'pay for' a hamburger + beer joint.)

R&D

Edited by Pumbaamd

You got it Bob! Advertise it as Park Café. That name is recognized much more than Compass Deli. And keep it open regular hours. (Unless the bean counters want to change it in to a 'pay for' hamburger joint.)

R&D

Ughh, you mean like they did with Seaview on Jewel in the evening. I hope not.

QUOTE=Pumbaamd;48913770]We were on MJ the week before she was due for a dry dock in 2007. We asked what would happen in the dry dock. An officer told us about a new project they had that was the "Compass Deli". And get this, Compass Deli was being put on MJ on a trial run to sea how a new plan called "Park Café" would work. Let's hope the CD remains after this next dry dock.

Rick and Deirdra

I would think it would be pretty easy to turn Compass Deli into Park Cafe if they wanted to.

The reason it took people like me a long time to find Compass Deli, is it is in a poor location. Could they convert CD to Park Cafe easily....but they should really change Lattitudes on Her Majesty and expand it to Park Cafe instead -- it at least is in an area that get lots of traffic from cruisers.

I hope CD remains, but they are planning one or two specialty restaurants so I have to expect that the space of CD is needed for that.