Our radiance of the seas adventure!

Esilef

OMG! Hope everything works out OK for you, Elise. That is so not the sort of thing you want to have to deal with on your cruise. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

I'm determined to continue enjoying myself.

A guy overheard me at guest services giving full details and our names and said to me "good on you for owning up to this".

I have not heard anything back regarding the incident.

My brother is servely autistic and had no Speach or ideas about anything. The lights are on but no one is home. He simply had no comprehension about what he had done.

Bring on tomorrow! I'm ready to enjoy.

I'm going to be perfectly honest.

My handicapped 42 year old brother ate to much. Went in the pool and did a poo...... Then he took off his shorts and walked out of the pool naked. This was in front of everyone.

I was not present at the time as my brother and dad are doing their own thing.

Dads hiding in the cabin. He's beyond embarrassed.

I went to the pool area to see what had happened and the stories are getting bigger and bigger.

I went and reported the incident to guest relations and I'm waiting to see if they want to speak to me further (and save dad the embarrassment).

I'm beyond embarrassed by him. I'm mortified. I'm not looking after him as I have William to contend with.

I really can't do anymore apart from apologise for his behaviour and explain the reasoning behind it. If I was his guardian I would limit his food intake and now stop him going in the pool.

I feel really bad for the staff whom have to clean the pool and the other passengers whom miss out on going into the pool.

not very nice of your brother doing that so he should be banned from using the pool now and only for his condition he might have been kicked off the ship

Elisef, given you are being so open, i have to ask does your brother have a carer in his daily life at home? Is it your Dad? If your brother has no concept of the appropriateness of his behaviour, he shouldn't be wandering the ship by himself. The nudity of an 42yo adult male on the pool would have been very confronting for the many children in the vicinity. I hope this is one off incident related directly happened in the pool. If he has issues with public nudity at home due his illness, this is more concerning than the unaccompanied children that you were complaining about earlier.

My father is with my brother at all times. He's never allowed by himself at all.

I agree that the nudity of a 42 year old male on the pool deck is totally in appropriate behaviour and I'm beside myself for him doing this.

To be honest if I would have witnessed him doing this I would have grabbed a towel and screamed blue murder at him and my father (for allowing him to do this).

Yes there was heaps of small children around. For them to witness this is unacceptable. If I was one of their parents I would be furious at my dad (my brothers carer) for placing my brother in the situation where it may occur.

There are many unhappy people with us on this cruise and to be honest I don't blame them at all..

I have not witnessed my brother exposing his nudity to others in public before. This is the worst behaviour I have seen from him in all his life.

It really should be taken further. My father should be banned for allowing him into the pool and he needs to double think if he at aged 70 can really be responsible and care for a servely disabled 42 year old.

My brother is in a permanent home and dad only sees him once weekends once a fortnight.

I would question if I would cruise with both of them again. I suspect looking after my brother is too much for my father to handle and this is making him grumpy.

If the cruiseline had decided to kick us of the ship then really they would not be to blame.

At the end of the day the responsibility of my brother is in the hands of my father.

Yes this act is far worse than kids running the ship by themselves

Exposing yourself on the pool deck is a criminal offence. If the cruise line chooses to report the act to the Australian police then they are well within their rights to do so.

I have no legal rights over my brother but if this goes further then I will try my best to deal with it.

I do believe that my father needs to raise this with my brothers careers at home to endure behavioural tactics are put in place to stop it happening again.

we did a p&o cruise and this lady entered into a belly flop competition with the blokes and right at the end she stripped off completely and jumped in the pool in front of young kids and the other passengers at 4pm during the day, she had to front the captain and the following day we docked at Noumea and she was kicked off the ship and had to make her own way home

This is the worse behaviour I have ever heard about on a cruise ship. Mortified that it's my brother.

Actually, it's not really that bad compared to a lot of other things I have heard of and even witnessed. At least your brother has a legitimate excuse (i.e. autism). Drunks are much worse.

Edited by gek

Actually, it's not really that bad compared to a lot of other things I have heard of and even witnessed. At least your brother has a legitimate excuse (i.e. autism). Drunks are much worse.

Agreed that there have been worse.

It is a tough decision but I just don't know how the ship will handle this situation, what sort of punishment (if any) is required and additionally, I do not know how it can be rectified with the people who witnessed it.

I definitely think that the brother should not be cruising again without some restrictions .

We have not heard anything further from the ship regarding the event. My dad better ensure that my brother behaves or I am sure their will be consequences.

One of the issues is how to you punish someone whom has no way of understanding what he has done is wrong?

I love cruising but his actions have really upset me and I doubt if I will invite him and dad again.

William and I are happier on our own.

We have not heard anything further from the ship regarding the event. My dad better ensure that my brother behaves or I am sure their will be consequences.

One of the issues is how to you punish someone whom has no way of understanding what he has done is wrong?

I love cruising but his actions have really upset me and I doubt if I will invite him and dad again.

William and I are happier on our own.

That is what I am thinking, all they can really do is ensure it never happens again.

Else, I'm sorry you have had this stress on your cruise. I know you were looking forward to the cruise and having your Dad enjoy himself. :)

To your brother, taking his swimmers off when they were soiled probably seemed logical. I believe you are right when you say you shouldn't take him on another cruise. You can't blame him for his behaviour, but the cruise has probably been causing him stress, even if he cannot express it. Is it possible that the strange surroundings and hordes of strangers have resulted in his extreme behaviour?

I think he did take his pants off as they were dirty but based on how happy he appears I do believe he is loving the cruise as is William. My brother has one main love which is food and drink. He has been in 7th heaven with all the food & drink.

Autistic people have enlarged intestines and these are somehow linked to the bowels. William is the same. They then over flow. It's a real problem. Something I need to medically address with William and probably my brother.

Due to this even though William is nearly toilet trained I won't allow him in the pool.

I suspect something is medically wrong with my brothers tummy. Due to this he should never have been allowed in the pool at all.

My brother has not had any other behaviour issues all cruise,

Sounds like you're coping OK now, Elise.

I really hope you have no more incidences with your brother, and that he enjoys the rest of the cruise.

If you ever decide to cruise with him again it might be worth paying for an experienced carer to travel with him, rather than just your Dad. As you say, you have enough on your plate looking after William and we all know how much he loves cruising. ;)

Else, I'm currently on the Radiance and I was by the pool when the incident happened with your brother, I have seen him around the ship and was aware that he is disabled. From my perspective I was more disgusted by the behaviour of fellow cruisers who jeered and yelled out comments even after I informed them that your brother has a disability. It was obviously very distressing for your family and I feel for them. Maybe it was not a good idea for your brother to use the pool but accidents do happen. In 35 cruises I have witnessed worse things on ships and in the pool which have resulted in the pool being emptied, cleaned and refilled.

Try to relax and enjoy the last couple of days.

Marina

Else, I'm currently on the Radiance and I was by the pool when the incident happened with your brother, I have seen him around the ship and was aware that he is disabled. From my perspective I was more disgusted by the behaviour of fellow cruisers who jeered and yelled out comments even after I informed them that your brother has a disability. It was obviously very distressing for your family and I feel for them. Maybe it was not a good idea for your brother to use the pool but accidents do happen. In 35 cruises I have witnessed worse things on ships and in the pool which have resulted in the pool being emptied, cleaned and refilled.

Try to relax and enjoy the last couple of days.

Marina

Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Thanks Marina,

I'm really sorry you witnessed the "incident" it wouldn't have been pleasant for anyone. I'm hoping most people have now gotten over it.

My dad and brother have not been back to the pool and have been enjoying their junior suite.

If I cruise again With them I will leave William with his father so that I can be at call 24/7 with my brother.

A few people who know William and I are with them have said that people whom reacted badly to the incident need to be more compassionate to others

So sorry Elisef, I know how much you were looking forward to this cruise, such a shame it had been so stressful for you. I hope you manage to find some relaxation and enjoyment in the days left.

Yeah, just keep your son and brother away from the pool area and the other passengers may forget all about it.:D

Yeah, just keep your son and brother away from the pool area and the other passengers may forget all about it.:D

He hasn't been back to the pool since. Nor has William.

Last couple of days have just been relaxing.

Tonight we are off to giovannis for his birthday dinner.

Tomorrow we depart the ship.

Overall it's been a good cruise. I can not fault the cruise line or the ship at all my fellow passengers have been loverly.

Quiet a few on here from our rhapsody cruise (other cruise bargain hunters).

It seems my main issue is whom I choose to travel with.

He hasn't been back to the pool since. Nor has William.

Last couple of days have just been relaxing.

Tonight we are off to giovannis for his birthday dinner.

Tomorrow we depart the ship.

Overall it's been a good cruise. I can not fault the cruise line or the ship at all my fellow passengers have been loverly.

Quiet a few on here from our rhapsody cruise (other cruise bargain hunters).

It seems my main issue is whom I choose to travel with.

I hope the birthday dinner goes well and am glad you have still had a good cruise. I imagine you will cruise again but maybe not with your father and brother as well. Is your father still grumpy or has he softened?

I hope the birthday dinner goes well and am glad you have still had a good cruise. I imagine you will cruise again but maybe not with your father and brother as well. Is your father still grumpy or has he softened?

Dad seems to have softened and not hating it as much ch. I think the junior suite has been a must for them.

A junior suite would have been nice for William and I but we have been fine with an ocean view room.

Dad wants us all to travel to Europe for a month together next Christmas but I'm wondering if this will be too difficult for him with. Y brother.

My ex husband wants us all to do ovation but that ships not big enough for the both of us. I'm just as happy cruising with William or even trying cruising solo.

William and I will keep cruising