Relaxing week on Carribean Princess

samcruiseman

Just off the Caribbean Princess yesterday. We had a very relaxing week. Worst part was the long winding lines at embarkation last Sunday. After that it was all smooth sailing. The day in Roatan was very warm. Otherwise, every other day was on the coolish side but still pleasant for being outside. Cabin was a balcony on the Baja level......a bit cramped but adequate. We generally had breakfast and lunches in the Horizon buffet. Each day there was a wide variety and the food was very good. We had 8pm traditional dinner in the Palm Dining Room. We enjoyed our meals there very much. Considering how many people they have to serve, the food quality was delicious. We had planned to do the specialty restaurants but we were pleased with the dining room and saw no reason to pay extra.

We saw most of the shows in the theatre. As long as you got there 5-10 minutes early, you were able to find seating but they did fill up. We especially enjoyed Steve Moris and his musical comedy performances.

We prepurchased a wireless package and it worked well for us throughout the ship. We were able to connect whenever we wanted and the speed was adequate. It is ridiculously overpriced but at least it works well enough.

We really enjoyed hanging out at the adult pool near the spa. Very quiet place to soak in the hot tubs.

All in all, a very relaxing week. Disembarkation was very quick. We had 7:35am time to carry our luggage off and we were at our home in Houston at 8:35.

I forgot to mention the crew on the Caribbean Princess. I was amazed how friendly, polite and helpful everyone was. Everywhere on the ship, you would pass a crew member and you would always get a greeting. It was a real pleasure to be around such well-trained staff.

Just off the Caribbean Princess yesterday. We had a very relaxing week. Worst part was the long winding lines at embarkation last Sunday. After that it was all smooth sailing. The day in Roatan was very warm. Otherwise, every other day was on the coolish side but still pleasant for being outside. Cabin was a balcony on the Baja level......a bit cramped but adequate. We generally had breakfast and lunches in the Horizon buffet. Each day there was a wide variety and the food was very good. We had 8pm traditional dinner in the Palm Dining Room. We enjoyed our meals there very much. Considering how many people they have to serve, the food quality was delicious. We had planned to do the specialty restaurants but we were pleased with the dining room and saw no reason to pay extra.

We saw most of the shows in the theatre. As long as you got there 5-10 minutes early, you were able to find seating but they did fill up. We especially enjoyed Steve Moris and his musical comedy performances.

We prepurchased a wireless package and it worked well for us throughout the ship. We were able to connect whenever we wanted and the speed was adequate. It is ridiculously overpriced but at least it works well enough.

We really enjoyed hanging out at the adult pool near the spa. Very quiet place to soak in the hot tubs.

All in all, a very relaxing week. Disembarkation was very quick. We had 7:35am time to carry our luggage off and we were at our home in Houston at 8:35.

Sounds like you had a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Regarding the cruise director......I thought Lee Childers was excellent. Always enthusiastic and seemed very genuine. Really didn't have much experience with his staff.

Regarding the movies.....I was impressed with the selection of movies and the fact that they were fairly recent . I do remember The Martian, The Man From U.N.C.L.E, and the Peanuts movie. My memory is failing me now for some of the other titles.

Regarding the cruise director......I thought Lee Childers was excellent. Always enthusiastic and seemed very genuine. Really didn't have much experience with his staff.

Regarding the movies.....I was impressed with the selection of movies and the fact that they were fairly recent . I do remember The Martian, The Man From U.N.C.L.E, and the Peanuts movie. My memory is failing me now for some of the other titles.

Also The Intern

I believe we arrived around 12:45. We dropped off our luggage and then had to wait in a long line to get in the parking lot. Then we waited in a winding line outside of the terminal. Unfortunately once we got to the door to enter the terminal, we saw there was an even longer winding line(ala Disneyland). This was just to go through security. There was another line inside to process our paperwork and get our keycards. Then we waited inside until our group was called to board. This took us to another long line to cross over to the ship. Once there , there was one last line to get our photo taken for the security.

Not sure why it took so long to go through this process. The CP arrived had arrived the night before so that was not the problem. Just seems like it could have been streamlined somehow.

We're on the Caribbean Princess in about 6 weeks, positive experiences only ADD to our excitement. So to you I say, THANK YOU!

Any other "secrets" of your time you'd like to share?

Me too, B2B 6 March and cannot wait!!!!! Again thank you for adding to the excitement

We got there at 10:45 and the Preferred and regular lines were already long. Thankfully, we had a suite and there was no one ahead of us in the suite line. From the time we walked in the door, went through Security and were checked in was no more than 5-7 minutes. Then we waited in the Suite/Elite lounge until they boarded us at 11:40. It would have been 11:30, but they had to get a wedding group onboard first.

We too found the crew to be great, except for our head waiter in the Palms Dining Room. We enjoyed the shows. We did not attend the 2nd Steve Moris show because DH thought he did too much rambling and not enough singing and playing guitar at the first one. Also enjoyed Tom McTigue and the 3 production shows. Music was perfect for our demographic - mid 60's.

We each got 150 minutes free due to Platinum status and I am ever so glad we did not have to buy a package. There was no WiFi in our cabin. I told the Internet manager and he pulled out a notebook and added it to a long list of cabins having problems. He said they had a big problem with Internet in the aft of the ship, but that someone would be around to check. Of course they never checked it out. I had internet in the hall in front of the cabin, so I ended up sitting in the hall to use my laptop. Unfortunately, my job is 24/7 even on vacation and good internet is critical. We did not experience this problem on our last cruise on the CB. A crew member told me that Princess changed the system about 3 months ago and had been having problems ever since. For some reason we also could not get a cell phone signal in the cabin, even when docked in Houston. DH has ATT and I have T-Mobile, so it was not just one carrier. We had to make calls hanging out over the balcony to pick up a cell phone signal. We couldn't even pick up the expensive signal during the cruise. I needed to make some calls for business, but could not use my cell phone. I ended up using the phone in the cabin several times and made the rest of my calls from my cell phone in Roatan and Cozumel.

All in all, we had a wonderful cruise, except for the Head Waiter and the Internet and phone issues. I just wish it had been warmer and not so darn windy. So sorry Princess is leaving Bayport.

Edited by DebJ14

we were on CB recently. off 2/7/16, great ship and cruise. we enjoyed all the shows and had 2 comedians. loved crab shack. lots of games in lounges good movies. Bridge of Spies on muts. only negative was rain in Cozumel. closed beaches coz of strong winds! the ship was rocking that evening[emoji15]