2 Cabins-should I move kids?

gfolchick

We booked 2 cabins and the TA put one adult/one child in each room. In reality both kids will be in one room and both adults in the other. My kids are 19/17. Will Guest Services issue separate key cards so we can get into the room we are actually staying in or should I have TA transfer reservations to parent/parent, kid19/kid17? I'm assuming rooms don't adjoin (there are red dots on room map but I can't find the legend to see what that means).

We booked 2 cabins and the TA put one adult/one child in each room. In reality both kids will be in one room and both adults in the other. My kids are 19/17. Will Guest Services issue separate key cards so we can get into the room we are actually staying in or should I have TA transfer reservations to parent/parent, kid19/kid17? I'm assuming rooms don't adjoin (there are red dots on room map but I can't find the legend to see what that means).

What cabin? What ship? Very few cabins are connecting on Princess.

The passenger services desk onboard should make the switch/change and issue appropriate room keys.

If the TA can get them together in their own cabin that would be better.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Never mind. Enough people replied before I finished my reply. We do this all the time on other cruise lines - list one adult in each of the two rooms and then go to guest services on the ship to make sure everyone in the family has a key card for the room in which he or she is actually sleeping.

Edited by Silent Penguin

Ditto. You take care of it on board.

IMO, adjoining rooms would be a PITA since space has to be taken to allow inter-connecting doors to open.

If you booked side-by-side balconies, you can most likely have part of the separation balcony wall unlocked and opened to allow passage back and forth. But then you have to be careful about what might been seen from outside in. ;)

Have your TA change it now so you don't have to stand in line to get new cards. There is no reason the kids can't be put in their own room. A couple of years ago, we booked 3 cabins, one for DH and me, one for my son and his friend, both 18, and the last cabin was my other son, 21, and daughter, 16. My TA was able to book it this way with no problems.

Our previous trip with kids, we had booked one parent in each room and split the 3 kids, but it took us 2 trips to passenger services to sort out the keys.

Have your TA change it now so you don't have to stand in line to get new cards. There is no reason the kids can't be put in their own room. A couple of years ago, we booked 3 cabins, one for DH and me, one for my son and his friend, both 18, and the last cabin was my other son, 21, and daughter, 16. My TA was able to book it this way with no problems.

Our previous trip with kids, we had booked one parent in each room and split the 3 kids, but it took us 2 trips to passenger services to sort out the keys.

You are right - officially. There is an age minimum for this, however, and it is the minimum age Princess will accept for children in own cabin if part of a family reservation That age is 16. If children are below that, you make the booking as Dad with Ch#1 and Mom with Ch#2 and then swap it up at check-in or after boarding. It was so long ago when our girls were 14 and 10 that I don't recall what steps we did. And policy/practice can change over the years. I'd try first at check-in. But the PSD is not all that busy if you board early as people are unpacking and eating and exploring the ship for the most part.

The age is 16. You could have booked them in their own room from the beginning. I am surprised your TA didn't know that. We are booked on Regal in March and my daughter and her friend will be next door. ( both 17) Some other lines had different rules. Royal Caribbean requires a 21 year old in the room unless the rooms are connecting. Princess does not have such a rule.

Edited by tampacruiser

There are other reasons the TA may have booked it this way (one Adult/one child.) For instance, perhaps there was a targeted offer to the parents or perhaps the parents are entitled to a mini-bar? With one parent/one child booking they could take double advantage.

Maddle

You are correct with the 21 age in own cabin. My mistake, it was early this morning when i responded.

21 is the minimum age to book a cruise on your own with no older responsible adult.

I am not a travel agent but I believe Princess allows kids to be booked into a cabin near their parents cabin. I think there are age requirements for this but it is below 21.

There are reasons though to book a parent in each cabin. For example, stock benefits, if both parents own stock, or promo benefits, etc...

You can get extra room keys from Guest Services.

We are cruising in July with our 2 kids (will be 18 and 17 at time of sailing). We were able to put them in their own cabin in close proximity to ours. Princess then linked our bookings so that I could access their booking for excursions/required info/etc.

What cabin? What ship? Very few cabins are connecting on Princess.

The passenger services desk onboard should make the switch/change and issue appropriate room keys.

If the TA can get them together in their own cabin that would be better.

Crown E105/109 right next to each other.

This is our first time sailing with Princess and using this agent (who is no longer employed by agency when we called asking to re-price cruise after seeing current promotions).

Thanks for the replies, I think I may ask for it to be changed ahead of time so not to deal with it once onboard.

Crown E105/109 right next to each other.

This is our first time sailing with Princess and using this agent (who is no longer employed by agency when we called asking to re-price cruise after seeing current promotions).

Thanks for the replies, I think I may ask for it to be changed ahead of time so not to deal with it once onboard.

No connecting cabins on the Crown other then......

The 2 family suites and they are a mini and a quad inside connected that sleep up to 8.

At that age they can share a room without you being in with them. Provided one child is 16+. Per Princess Ts&Cs