Favorite excursion (both RCC and private) in Falmouth and Cozumel?

smjlt

Bob how does it compare to Mr Sanchos? Only assuming you have been there too. lol

We really enjoyed Mr S last year and the price seems to be the same.

I have not been to Mr. S. I've always heard that Nachi has a limit on how many they let in, and it has never seemed crowded to us But maybe Mr. S. is just as uncrowded?

I have not been to Mr. S. I've always heard that Nachi has a limit on how many they let in, and it has never seemed crowded to us But maybe Mr. S. is just as uncrowded?

Thank you. Nachi website does indicate 100 people max. I don't recall Mr S having more than that but don't recall seeing anything that limits the number of visitors allowed. i think I will jump over to the coz port thread and see if someone has posted the same question.

Thank you. Nachi website does indicate 100 people max. I don't recall Mr S having more than that but don't recall seeing anything that limits the number of visitors allowed. i think I will jump over to the coz port thread and see if someone has posted the same question.

I believe another difference is that Mr. S. might have unlimited food and drinks, where Nachi has unlimited drinks, but limits food to 2 appetizers, one entree, and one dessert.

I've never found the food limitation to be an issue as they are liberal with the portions, and I really don't need yet another easy access to unlimited food.

Independent Tour in Falmouth

Best tour in Falmouth was a private walking and local cuisine tour. Booked online. Here is the website: http://jamaicaculinarytours.com/tours/view/falmouth_food_tour_868291713#.VrT1Y1mgyW4

Ship's tours in Cozumel we enjoyed:

1. Salsa, Salsa, Margarita - Eight to a table with teams of two. All ingredients provided and make different types of salsa. After, the tables are moved out and a salsa dancing lesson is given. Margaritas, not strong, are served throughout the salsa making. I think we had so much fun because the others at our table were fun. Living on the border of TX and Mexico we were very familiar with most everything. The others were from New York and New Jersey. The tour included transportation to the place of the event.

2. Jose Cuervo experience - Included how tequila is made and an authentic Mexican lunch. Also included a museum tour at Discover Mexico. Our group, again, was a fun group. The tour included transportation to the place of the event.

Independent Tours

1. Nachi Cocum is a favorite

2. Mr. Sanchos we enjoyed

Comparison of Mr. Sanchos and Nachi

1. Both limit number of tourists allowed to come in.

2. You have to go to the taxi stand to catch a taxi to each destination not included in the all inclusive cost of each of these.

3. Both will have vendors come by and ask if you want to rent equipment or want a massage. Neither place was pushy.

4. Taxis will be called if not available when you are ready to go. Give yourself enough time to get back.

Mr. Sanchos

1. offered a buffet for lunch under a hugh covered patio or waiters would bring the food to you. It seemed more unlimited.

2. There are loungers and tables nearby to sit at under palapas. Liked the table to sit at.

Nachi

1. Will bring drinks to you or you can go up to the covered patio and get them.

2. The huge covered patio where you can go and sit and eat lunch or they will bring to you. There is a menu you choose from. We preferred the food at Nachi.

Mr. Sanchos

1. offered a buffet for lunch under a hugh covered patio or waiters would bring the food to you. It seemed more unlimited....

Thanks for this, I did not know Mr. Sanchos was a buffet.

Also did Jose Cuervo tequila tasting in Cozumel. Educational AND fun. We were given some good margaritas and a Mexican lunch. In Falmouth did the Good Hope Plantation tour which included a high tea that was excellent. High on a hill and the views were fantastic.

Blue Hole and River Tubing with Peat Taylor in Jamaica. We did it from Ocho Rios last year but he offers it from Falmouth too. We did it as a private tour with our own driver. Don't remember the price exactly I think it was around 150-200 for 3 persons. GREAT day!

If RCI still offers this excursion in Cozumel, we did a snorkeling with sea turtles one a number of years ago. Although it takes some time to get across to the mainland via the ferry followed by a bus ride to the resort, the snorkel was well worth it. There is a reef offshore, and guides take out small groups to see the turtles (and there were many, in nice clear water 10-20 feet deep). We also saw other creatures, including a barracuda. Afterwards there was a decent buffet lunch with tap beer, soda, etc., included.

If you have a great deal of stamina and don't think you'll ever get a chance to see Mayan ruins otherwise, the Tulum with beach break excursion provides an opportunity for a short tour and a small amount of time for exploration at the ruins, followed by lunch and beach time at a small resort. It was ok as excursions go, but the time involved and the travel and ferry rides made for a very long day. We were late getting back to the ship, but not the latest. It was booked through the ship, so we weren't concerned in that regard.

Cozumel - Playa Mia Grand Beach & Waterpark

RC offer this excursion as an AI

Free drinks beach servers, they keep pouring all day long! The rum just keeps coming

Large covered buffet

Umbrellas and chairs all Free

Waterpark for infants, inland, changing rooms and showers

Ocean Waterpark, bouncy slides, paddle boats, sail boats and kayaks.

Monster water slides

Volleyball

Fresh water pool

Transport inclusive, and buses run all day, so you can leave at your leisure.

Crystal waters and powdery white sand.

If you have young ones or not a bit of everything for all

The only $$$ item other than gift shops is for beachside massages.

We have done this 4-5 times and we get our money's worth.

From recollection was $79 each, but I would have to check back and confirm that is 100% accurate.

Edited to add cost update $89 and image

image_zpsnehgsdq0.jpeg

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

In Cozumel, we did a super fun Amazing Race Day. It is not a beach day, but a race similar to the Amazing Race show. You look for clues at a Museum, snorkel to a sunken ship (only 1 person in your family, though), run through the streets of the city--while being cheered on by the locals, and end up at a restaurant that served us the best ceveche we have ever eaten (not included in the price). Our kids still talk about this today.

We booked this through RCI a few years ago. It is no longer being offered by RCI excursions, but you can book through shoreexcurstioneer.com

In Falmouth we did a white water rafting excursion through a private company. It was OK, but not really many rapids!! But, different than the beach day or Dunns River.

We did the AI and were given the option of ordering off the menu as well at no additional charge.

After reading the comparisons on the Coz forum we will be going back to Mr. Sanchos. Service was exceptional.

We like Nachi Cocom in Cozumel.

A big "ditto" to that!! :D

We were at Nachi Cocum a couple of weeks ago. Mr. Sanchos is right next door down the beach. We walked down to check it out....nope not what we would be interested in. If you have kids, or like a "Disney World" type atmosphere with the crowds and noise to match...that would be your place. Just not for us. Nachi is much less crowded and way more relaxing. Just depends on what you are looking for in a resort.

And yes, they are the exact same price and same transportation set up (you pay for your own taxi).

Edited by island lady

We have done Mr Sanchos once and Nachi Cocum 6 times. Nachi is our hands down choice. More private, more relaxing, better food and service. We like the fact that everyone there is on the all inclusive package.

In Cozumel, we did a super fun Amazing Race Day. It is not a beach day, but a race similar to the Amazing Race show. You look for clues at a Museum, snorkel to a sunken ship (only 1 person in your family, though), run through the streets of the city--while being cheered on by the locals, and end up at a restaurant that served us the best ceveche we have ever eaten (not included in the price). Our kids still talk about this today.

We booked this through RCI a few years ago. It is no longer being offered by RCI excursions, but you can book through shoreexcurstioneer.com

In Falmouth we did a white water rafting excursion through a private company. It was OK, but not really many rapids!! But, different than the beach day or Dunns River.

Same here...awesome fun in Cozumel, and very different than what we would have done otherwise. GREAT way to see things off the beaten path. But wear good shoes and take water!

Grandma getting a tat

4_zpsp1r8uwqh.jpg

Our son getting ready to dive for a clue

2_zpsoemyyikz.jpg

Looking for clues

3_zpsyjqjit5m.jpg

1_zpsxywpldwc.jpg

Bob how does it compare to Mr Sanchos? Only assuming you have been there too. lol

We really enjoyed Mr S last year and the price seems to be the same.

We've done both (Nachi was booked for a private event once, so we did Mr. Sanchos). We like Nachi the best, hands down. It is so much less crowded, and just has a "chill" atmosphere. If you have kids who need to play on the big water toys, choose Mr. Sanchos. If your kids like building sandcastles and just chilling out (we are lucky that ours do!), or if you don't have kids with you, then Nachi is the way to go.

Mr. Sanchos has a buffet if you want to use it. You can also order anything off of the menu that you care to have. As much as you want to eat and drink for $55 pp. The coconut shrimp are delicious. We reserved with another company rather than direct with Sanchos and got $5 pp off the price. We also liked Paradise Beach and Chankanaab.