Live On Board Vision of Seas- She has been sold!

LizC

We did a 2013 TA on Vision w/Capt Lis. Great ship & crew, about the only thing we wished for was a specialty restaurant, which she now has. One of my favourite cruises and we were in an inside!

Yes, she has three specialty restaurants now. I was on her twice last year, will be back on her again for a 7 night Western Caribbean in March and the TA crossing in April. Love this ship. I'm just sorry she is leaving Tampa, as it is so close to my home!

As recent as a month ago, they were still booking new port calls for Vision.

She moves directly from Venice and on to Amsterdam for the early summer of

2017 and then the Baltic for late summer and returns via Amsterdam on the 2 of September, to Gibraltar the 11th of September and then on to the MED.

These calls are based on actual port bookings and while always subject to change, this seems to be more indicative that RCI have other plans for Vision than a transfer out of the fleet.

While it is unclear if Vision returns to Dubai for the 2017-18 season, she does currently spend time in the MED after a Amsterdam/Baltic season.

2017 and then the Baltic for late summer and returns via Amsterdam on the 2 of September, to Gibraltar the 11th of September and then on to the MED.

These calls are based on actual port bookings and while always subject to change, this seems to be more indicative that RCI have other plans for Vision than a transfer out of the fleet.

While it is unclear if Vision returns to Dubai for the 2017-18 season, she does currently spend time in the MED after a Amsterdam/Baltic season.

Always appreciate your info, thanks. I'm encouraged that it appears VI is staying in the fleet, at least for a while.

Always appreciate your info, thanks. I'm encouraged that it appears VI is staying in the fleet, at least for a while.

Did you really have any doubt? lol :rolleyes:

Thanks as always for the info. much appreciated :D

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the announcement that Vision in summer 2017 will be based in Amsterdam,the netherlands.

we hope to sail the ship in october 2016. First time on RCCL and of course this ship.

Vision is one of the best ships in Royal. We have always found her crew and officers to be the most welcoming and friendly. We just spent Nov, Dec, and January on her and regretted having to leave. Donna, the executive chef, came aboard the last cruise in January and hit the ground running. She was everywhere testing and tasting the food. We saw much improvement within that first week. Both Suite and Diamond lounge Concierges are great-couldn't ask for better.

Vision is leaving Tampa in the spring for the summer stint in the Mediterranean and then is heading to Dubai so, much to our chagrin, she will not be coming back to Tampa. We will really miss the crew and both captains, Captain Slaby and Captain Lindberg.

Glad to hear your review. We will be on board April 2nd out of Tampa and really looking forward to it. I had read some previous negative comments but it seems there has been a change of crew and it has been for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

Maybe they are going to send Vision over to Pullmantur to get run into the ground and pick up its supply of cock roaches so they can then bring it back and fix it up. If they learned anything from Empress then this time it should go much more smoothly.

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked on Vision for 8/22/17. About two weeks after, if you went on RC website, it said that that crui don date was SOLD OUT No one on cruise critic boards believed that. Called RC many times, got the runaround. No on the website it is showing the cruise is open for booking. RC is making me nuts.😡

I really really have a hard time believing anything crew members report. A lot of times, they're just as misinformed as we are. lol. Sorry to say.

I was just on Serenade and it was heavily discussed that Sovereign and Monarch would be coming back, given Pullmanteurs financial state, it wouldn't shock me. but again "rumors" :eek:

Can you just imagine the shape that Monarch & Sovereign would be in after the nightmare Empress revealed? Wow, for Sovereign, it'll be 2004 all over again when they added the balconies and gutted portions of the ship for upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were booked on Legend for May 18th 2017 and a few weeks ago it was showing as sold out. Then it came back for a little while and then again sold out. Nobody gave us any clear answers until today when they sent an e-mail to those booked that it will be going away and all cruises after March 13 2017 are canceled. Needless to say that we lost a great deal, we also lost time because now I rebooked the same itinerary for Vision in April at a MUCH higher price at lower cabin category. However, if Vision will cancel too, it will be a shame. Nobody else has the Suez Canal itinerary other than luxury lines that are at least double the price. Don't understand what kind of game RCCL is playing. I would gladly move to another cruise line but nobody has this itinerary.