Live...mostly...from Anthem

KarinaGW

OK< IF YOU HAVE ENJOYED THE "FOOD" ON ANTHEM......... SO BE IT! I am entitled to my opinion and I know good food. Royal Caribbean needs

CHEF RAMSEY to survey and comment and imporve on ANTHEM OF THE SEAS FOOD QUALITY. I was tired of eating sub par food.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion and so am I.

So glad this is over for everyone and you are all alright.

Blame? That will end quickly. I am waiting for the "compensation" rant to begin.:eek:

I havent read all the messages yet, but the "compensation" rant should start as soon as they dock.

I havent read all the messages yet, but the "compensation" rant should start as soon as they dock.

A full refund, 50% FCC, and free drinks isn't enough? Yes, it was traumatic-- not making light of that. And yes disappointing that they are coming back. But that isn't enough compensation?

I'm neither a meteorologist nor a ship's captain, so I do not have sufficient knowledge to know if we could reasonably have avoided the storm.

I was in the theater watching "We Will Rock You"'s matinee when they stopped the show, saying it was too dangerous for cast and crew. That was the right decision, clearly, as I could see some of the dancers struggling.

We went back to our stateroom at that point, so we were already there when the captain made the announcement that passengers should go to their staterooms.

The captain or cruise director made announcements every hour through ten p.m. It seems to me that we were given information more- or-less as it became available. I cannot imagine how hard the captain's job was yesterday. He got us through it. I have heard of only two injured passengers- no idea about crew.

We secured everything in our stateroom. (Tip about the closet - I draped towels over the rod and it prevented the hangars from sliding around noisily) It was scary to feel the ship tilt so much. It was scary to see how high the waves were. I worried that the wind would pick up the chairs on our balcony and smash them through the glass door.

But we made it. Considering what could have been, losing three nights and three ports seems like a very good deal.

RCI is being very generous (blame the free happy hour for Typoss). Elsewhere people have posted that we will get full refunds and half off a future cruise, plus free wifi. those who traveled to get to Bayonne or those who had to make arrangements to cover child/elder care may not feel adequately compensated, but I don't know how they could be.

There are about 500 children on this cruise, and I would guess that many of them planned to go to Disneyworld. I'd hate to be a parent in that situation, but for us adults, we got a mini vacation with free room, food, entertainment. Could have lived without the excitement of the storm, but we'll have stories to tell.

I hope they don't refund the gratuities as the crew really earned them. They worked so hard and continued to be pleasant to the passengers when they were probably as scared as we were.

Batteries going..., no time to proofread

Obviously a bad storm for everyone but did the Capt say almost a 45 degree list? I find that hard to believe, the ship would have been completely on it's side at 45 degrees. Even a 25 degree list would be very substantial on a cruise ship..

That said prayers for everyone's safety.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It would have to be a 90 degree tilt to be on its side. 180 degrees and it would have been upside down. Just sayin'.

OK< IF YOU HAVE ENJOYED THE "FOOD" ON ANTHEM......... SO BE IT! I am entitled to my opinion and I know good food. Royal Caribbean needs

CHEF RAMSEY to survey and comment and imporve on ANTHEM OF THE SEAS FOOD QUALITY. I was tired of eating sub par food.

Perhaps a more upscale line would be more to your palate's liking.

Onboard here and trying to figure out how to get home on Wednesday on our return to Bayonne! My flight is scheduled for Saturday, and guest services won't even allow me to make a free phone call to the insurance company to find out my options. I have family at home trying to figure it out for me so I don't have to deal with trying to get the $8/minute back from the phone call. You'd think they would have allowed people a phone call from guest services or something.

I was hoping to book a small mini-trip instead of going straight home to actually use my vacation time but it doesn't look like it will happen based on pricing! :(

On another note, the open bar for an hour was appreciated today, as is the free internet. Too bad it won't help me to get home though!

The ship is quite rocky again right now - not nearly like yesterday but lots of motion and rumbling! It won't surprise me if they cancel all of tonight's shows again...

Really glad everyone is safe and no serious injuries. Sounds like the captain and crew did a great job through the storm and updating the guests.

With the weather reports and predictions of strong winds we got yesterday in MA, ship shouldn't even left NJ - over confidence on the part of RC in my opinion.

So glad everyone is safe.

CHEF RAMSEY to survey and comment and improve on ANTHEM OF THE SEAS FOOD QUALITY. I was tired of eating sub par food.

Btw

Was on anthem on nov 30th.

The food and service was a little bit rough around the edges (expected on a new ship with new crew) but for this current cruise we ate at Chic on Saturday night and it was awesome - so happy to see such improvement in both service and food quality. Way to go RCCL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm neither a meteorologist nor a ship's captain, so I do not have sufficient knowledge to know if we could reasonably have avoided the storm.

I was in the theater watching "We Will Rock You"'s matinee when they stopped the show, saying it was too dangerous for cast and crew. That was the right decision, clearly, as I could see some of the dancers struggling.

We went back to our stateroom at that point, so we were already there when the captain made the announcement that passengers should go to their staterooms.

The captain or cruise director made announcements every hour through ten p.m. It seems to me that we were given information more- or-less as it became available. I cannot imagine how hard the captain's job was yesterday. He got us through it. I have heard of only two injured passengers- no idea about crew.

We secured everything in our stateroom. (Tip about the closet - I draped towels over the rod and it prevented the hangars from sliding around noisily) It was scary to feel the ship tilt so much. It was scary to see how high the waves were. I worried that the wind would pick up the chairs on our balcony and smash them through the glass door.

But we made it. Considering what could have been, losing three nights and three ports seems like a very good deal.

RCI is being very generous (blame the free happy hour for Typoss). Elsewhere people have posted that we will get full refunds and half off a future cruise, plus free wifi. those who traveled to get to Bayonne or those who had to make arrangements to cover child/elder care may not feel adequately compensated, but I don't know how they could be.

There are about 500 children on this cruise, and I would guess that many of them planned to go to Disneyworld. I'd hate to be a parent in that situation, but for us adults, we got a mini vacation with free room, food, entertainment. Could have lived without the excitement of the storm, but we'll have stories to tell.

I hope they don't refund the gratuities as the crew really earned them. They worked so hard and continued to be pleasant to the passengers when they were probably as scared as we were.

Batteries going..., no time to proofread

I was thinking about the gratuities, too. Glad to hear that the staff pulled through so well and hope they get to keep the $$. I wouldn't be surprised if people asked for refunds on it though-- but I hope not with what you are receiving.

Safe and happy travels. Hopefully everyone will stay on board with all the free drinking happening.

Just read about the Anthem. Who makes the decision to sail when the weather is supposed to bad. I have reservations for cruise in March. Wondering if I should cancel and spend two weeks in FL.

The Captain decides.

If you are worried about it this far out, cruising may not be for you.

But what if you can't get there? Oh well, I guess you can look at it as to what if you can't get to your cabin to get it. I just like to not have to think about it!! These poor folks sure had to worry about it though.

On Allure our door lock failed and it became a turf war between security and maintenance who would handle it. Took over 2 hours to get into the room (Royal gave me 20% for that one without me asking)

Jackets at the muster station are fine by me.

Realistically speaking, there was not any significant danger of the ship foundering in this storm, but the chances of launching lifeboats safely in these conditions is also next to zero.