Live on the Liberty

djh

Thank u so much for responding to my questions, it was really appreciated, my husband, I believe will really enjoy the balcony and extra space, I am nervous regarding the suite lounge, I really enjoyed it on the allure in 2014, room was full but not crowded everyone seemed to enjoy it and the view was amazing. I am wanting my husband to feel this way too hopefully everything will b worked out by then. He thinks we are in are in a reg balcony room. How was the getting off the ship did u carry ur own luggage, how long did u have to wait to get off?

Thank you again, glad u enjoyed ur cruise, Janet rae

Debbie you can upload your pics for free to Photobucket and then post the IMG link to here.

Did they give passengers and onboard credit for not having everything up and running as it should?

Thanks again for all the info you have provided and welcome home.

Thanks for the info. I will attempt to do that tomorrow. I really have to get off of CC and start laundry but I'm avoiding that!

I feel like experienced cruisers that knowingly book ship on inaugurals or first cruises out of dry dock are going to expect some hiccups here and there. No onboard credit but I really don't know of anybody that was expecting one. They did refund port taxes for missing Grand Cayman.

To the laundry room....... Debbie

We did the repositioning of the Liberty in November and there were computer issues then. Sounds like the Liberty has some on board computer gremlins that do B2B2B2B2B2....:D Kind of like the man they call Super Mario who cruises or almost lives on RCCL ships.

I would doubt they are going to do too much to remedy the computer situation since supposedly they are awaiting the Voom upgrade. They'll probably bandaid it up as best they can until then and keep the departments up and running as best as possible.

Janet,

That happened to be the cabin my BIL and his wife were staying in. Good location, close to forward elevators which had a tendency to be much less crowded than the aft ones. Suite lounge was nice, and will be nicer once they get more seating and finish the outdoor seating. Outdoor furniture was supposed to arrive today, but when I peeked out there, they were still sanding the decks. No need to pre-book specialty restaurants, Carlos will take care of it and you should have priority being a suite guest. Shows were hit and miss, but do not miss Saturday Night Fever. It was as good as some shows I've seen on Broadway.

Big question- are suites worth the money? Ok, I'm going to try to answer this without going into a rant. They are to my husband and me, but only because we like the space the suites have. I honestly believe suite perks are actually diminishing rather than expanding. Less perks than in November, one little reception with junior officers. No suite lunch with officers, no greeting from hotel director or staff and no daily phone messages from the concierge or anybody else. An occasional cheese plate or a couple of strawberries from room service, but that was hit and miss. My BIL only received the hors dourves once but we received them twice. Do not book a suite for the perks, they are lacking. Go to Celebrity ( or some other line) if you expect suite service and perks. We had far more perks as diamond plus members than we had as suite guests. BTW, does anybody know the corporate email address?

We did have a good time, I just still am not as impressed with this ship as I have been with Navigator..... or Mariner. I hope I have answered most of your questions. Debbie

Thanks for your reports. I can't believe you got such few suite perks. I hope you will write Miami. They need to know.

Thanks for your reports. I can't believe you got such few suite perks. I hope you will write Miami. They need to know.

Hmm, we didn't receive any more when we were in a suite in August on Navigator. We received less than we did on Jewel in a suite. I wonder why things aren't consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The terminal in Galveston - I asked one of the contract employees at the terminal about the the expected completion of the new terminal and she said, " They are now saying April, but I certainly wouldn't count on it." It appears to be a long way from finished. The tents are still there.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hmm, we didn't receive any more when we were in a suite in August on Navigator. We received less than we did on Jewel in a suite. I wonder why things aren't consistent.

What was missing was the nice Suites Luncheon that we had on Navigator and Liberty had before the drydock. There was none.

What was missing was the nice Suites Luncheon that we had on Navigator and Liberty had before the drydock. There was none.

Oh ok. We weren't able to make that. On Jewel we were offered 3 free tours (bridge, kitchen and stage). On Navigator we were only offered 1 (bridge) and it was super quick and a bit disappointing in comparison. On Jewel we received treats in the room most days and on Navigator only twice, one of those being the first day. We enjoyed both of our cruises a lot but we received more on Jewel for being in a suite, so that part, for me, was a little disappointing.

Carolyn,

I do plan to write them providing I can get a current email address. I appreciate everything they do for their most loyal customers but on the other hand, I am disappointed that suite guests perks are declining. The thing I don't understand is how they are touting there new suite class on other ships and letting things slide on the older class ships. I know they can do better.

To others, yes, we are blessed to be able to book the suites. Please no flaming. Everybody on this thread has been so nice, but on some other threads, some people can really get nasty about the most innocent comments. Thanks to everyone that followed. I've never tried to do this before and I really enjoyed trying to get answers for you.

Debbie

Edited by djh

Carolyn,

I do plan to write them providing I can get a current email address. I appreciate everything they do for their most loyal customers but on the other hand, I am disappointed that suite guests perks are declining. The thing I don't understand is how they are touting there new suite class on other ships and letting things slide on the older class ships. I know they can do better.

Debbie

Debbie, many have had a good response by writing to Michael Bayley at mbayley@rccl.com.

On my post cruise survey for my last cruise on Liberty I wrote about the positive and negative experiences. I said that I hoped the drydock would bring a change of attitude in addition to the physical changes. I got a call from Miami to discuss it. Sounds like it didn't have much of an impact.

Carolyn

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Oh ok. We weren't able to make that. On Jewel we were offered 3 free tours (bridge, kitchen and stage). On Navigator we were only offered 1 (bridge) and it was super quick and a bit disappointing in comparison. On Jewel we received treats in the room most days and on Navigator only twice, one of those being the first day. We enjoyed both of our cruises a lot but we received more on Jewel for being in a suite, so that part, for me, was a little disappointing.

I know what you mean. I just got back from a short 4 night cruise on Enchantment. It was a much better experience than Liberty. It's been 6 years since I have been on a small ship. I had forgotten how nice and more friendly it can be. I was sorry it was only 4 nights.

It is against Royal Caribbean policy to be consistent.

We did get an invitation for the bridge/galley/ stage tour but I'm pretty sure that was for being diamond plus. My BIL did not receive one and they are diamond. We don't normally go to these anymore unless the ship is new or different to us.

WE had a really nice suite dinner with the officers in 2014 on Navigator, was not impressed with suite lunch last year

We did get an invitation for the bridge/galley/ stage tour but I'm pretty sure that was for being diamond plus. My BIL did not receive one and they are diamond. We don't normally go to these anymore unless the ship is new or different to us.

Was this offered as one tour or 3 separate tours at different times? The one on Jewel, for being in a suite, were all separate and very nice. The one on Navigator, for being in a suite, was only bridge and extremely rushed. Disappointing for sure.

WE had a really nice suite dinner with the officers in 2014 on Navigator, was not impressed with suite lunch last year

The Suites dinner on NV was extremely nice, but they only did it for a few months. While the Suites luncheon wasn't as nice, I enjoyed it and the effort to do something nice for Gold Card holders. Not all ships have something like that, and on Liberty that didn't have it on the Feb. 7 cruise. I hope that will change.

stormy15, yes, they were both on NV. Before drydock, Liberty also had a Suites Luncheon.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Was this offered as one tour or 3 separate tours at different times? The one on Jewel, for being in a suite, were all separate and very nice. The one on Navigator, for being in a suite, was only bridge and extremely rushed. Disappointing for sure.

A sign up letter for 3 separate tours. In November on Liberty, our suite lunch wasn't very good either. They had started transitioning from Portofinos to Giovanni's and the chefs were trying out the new menu. I wasn't impressed.

On the other hand, in October on the Navigator, the suite lunch was excellent. It was like a tasting menu from all the different restaurants onboard. It was a little more casual. The officers were actually serving the food, buffet style , and they appeared to be getting a kick out of doing it. We really enjoyed that one.

A sign up letter for 3 separate tours. In November on Liberty, our suite lunch wasn't very good either. They had started transitioning from Portofinos to Giovanni's and the chefs were trying out the new menu. I wasn't impressed.

On the other hand, in October on the Navigator, the suite lunch was excellent. It was like a tasting menu from all the different restaurants onboard. It was a little more casual. The officers were actually serving the food, buffet style , and they appeared to be getting a kick out of doing it. We really enjoyed that one.

I agree. The Suites luncheon on Navigator was very nice, as it was on Serenade. When I did a B2B on Liberty in November, Pinnacles weren't invited.

Different strokes for different folks. We will never go to a suite luncheon - the last place we want to be during the day is stuck inside for 2 hours (or more). We prefer when they have cocktail hours. Our favorite was in Vintages - can't remember if it was Mariner or Voyager. It was suites and officers and the officers went around to the tables to chat.

I'm not thrilled to hear that MTD was on deck 3. That is our preferred level and seems a better fit for traditional dining. Also hoping they up the suite benefits although we've never really had a problem with getting a seat - but we go later. Glad they will have an outdoor seating area as well.

Thanks again for your report. Glad you seemed to have a mostly good time. Another report that tells me NEVER to book right after a dry dock. There seems to always be more work to do - the one thing Royal IS consistent on. ;)

I am so glad that I am not Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle, Suite Cabins so that I don't have to "worry" about where I can sit and have a drink. I have the whole ship to sit and have my drink or not have my drink. No worries for me. :)

I actually agree with you Gator, but I also know that there are "different strokes for different folks", and their interests are just as valid as others. Personally, I don't even have a list of the cruises I have been on, probably 20 or so, because I just go to enjoy them and have mostly wonderful memories (except for a horror cruise on Carnival to Mexico just after High School Graduation a number of years ago). I personally enjoy going on different ships and different lines although HAL is my favorite. To me the most important issues are where the ship will go, when it will go and if I can afford it. I haven't been on a RCCL ship for over 30 years, and I am really looking forward to it, as well as going to 3 ports I haven't been to.