Live on the Liberty

djh

I thought the drink package did not work starting day one from Texas due to their laws. Hopefully I'm wrong on that, on carnival you could not do it until day 2 due to the Texas beverage law

That's a Carnival policy. Royal buys a limited amount of Texas stamped liquor so they can serve alcoholic beverages until they get out of Texas waters.

That's a Carnival policy. Royal buys a limited amount of Texas stamped liquor so they can serve alcoholic beverages until they get out of Texas waters.

So, are you saying Carnival doesn't serve alcohol until they get out of Texas waters? I sailed on Magic a few years ago.... That was not the case then... We all met in a bar & started drinking as soon as we got on the ship....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN

I thought the drink package did not work starting day one from Texas due to their laws. Hopefully I'm wrong on that, on carnival you could not do it until day 2 due to the Texas beverage law

You can pre purchase the package online or wait til you get onboard... Works as soon as you can get to an open bar.... [emoji485]

The beer selection is limited and maybe the other drinks too, until a few hours after sailaway...

So, are you saying Carnival doesn't serve alcohol until they get out of Texas waters? I sailed on Magic a few years ago.... That was not the case then... We all met in a bar & started drinking as soon as we got on the ship....

No, I'm saying Carnival does not honor their unlimited alcohol packages until they get out of Texas waters.

Good morning! An unexpected sea day this morning. Winds to strong and waves to high to tender in GC. I'm ok with that but I'm sure a lot of passengers are disappointed. It does happen from time to tomb in GC. The good news is that the seas are not so rough that we cannot enjoy the sea day.

Someone had asked about the beer pack. The special today was " buy four bud lights and get the fifth free and an RCCL cooler bag. I'm not a beer drink so I'm not sure if that was what you were asking about.

As far as children's programs and teen activities, I can't help anyone there. No grandchildren traveling with us this time.

Rules about slides- I will go today and try to find out the limitations that someone asked about.

We went to Giovanni's table last night, my favorite restaurant. It was excellent but they have a totally new menu. My favorite, crispelles were gone and no chicken dishes on the menu. They did however offer to cook me a chicken breast and it was very good.

Later. Debbie

Good morning! An unexpected sea day this morning. Winds to strong and waves to high to tender in GC. I'm ok with that but I'm sure a lot of passengers are disappointed. It does happen from time to tomb in GC. The good news is that the seas are not so rough that we cannot enjoy the sea day.

Someone had asked about the beer pack. The special today was " buy four bud lights and get the fifth free and an RCCL cooler bag. I'm not a beer drink so I'm not sure if that was what you were asking about.

As far as children's programs and teen activities, I can't help anyone there. No grandchildren traveling with us this time.

Rules about slides- I will go today and try to find out the limitations that someone asked about.

We went to Giovanni's table last night, my favorite restaurant. It was excellent but they have a totally new menu. My favorite, crispelles were gone and no chicken dishes on the menu. They did however offer to cook me a chicken breast and it was very good.

Later. Debbie

Giovanni's is also our favorite ate there 3 times on last cruise, loved old menu, do they still have antipasto?? Did you try it for lunch?

Later. Debbie

Debbie....I asked about the bucket of beer. Thank you for the information.

Nancy

Giovanni's is also our favorite ate there 3 times on last cruise, loved old menu, do they still have antipasto?? Did you try it for lunch?

Wow! A lot of typos in my last message. I guess I hadn't had my coffee yet, lol. I will check out the lunch menu. I hope they still have the lasagne for lunch. That was one of my favorites.

Wow! A lot of typos in my last message. I guess I hadn't had my coffee yet, lol. I will check out the lunch menu. I hope they still have the lasagne for lunch. That was one of my favorites.

Would love to see the "new" Giovannis dinner menu. Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to share info with us. :)

Awww sorry Debbie you didn't make Cayman. What are you doing today? Did you stay in harbor there or steam on out.

You know, as much revenue as they lose when ships can't tender, you'd think they'd spring for a pier and stop this nonsense. But I guess if you never had to pay taxes you wouldn't want to spend that money on anything else. Yes, that's right, Cayman islanders do not pay any taxes at all, not even income tax. They do have a consumption tax, but unless you buy things, i.e. cars etc. no tax.

Edited by BecciBoo

Awww sorry Debbie you didn't make Cayman. What are you doing today? Did you stay in harbor there or steam on out.

You know, as much revenue as they lose when ships can't tender, you'd think they'd spring for a pier and stop this nonsense. But I guess if you never had to pay taxes you wouldn't want to spend that money on anything else. Yes, that's right, Cayman islanders do not pay any taxes at all, not even income tax. They do have a consumption tax, but unless you buy things, i.e. cars etc. no tax.

Spent some time in GC over the Christmas holiday and we read a few newspaper articles in the local paper debating the merits of adding a dock to alleviate this kind of situation in the future (not to mention the general hassle of having to tender even in calm weather).

Basically it's 'environmentalists' vs. 'merchants': https://www.caymancompass.com/2015/07/30/the-dock-debate/

Environmentalists argue that adding a dock will damage or destroy some parts of the reef around the island.

Merchants obviously want it to be as easy for cruise ships to get their passengers aboard as possible.

I don't imagine this is a debate that will be solved any time soon.

Edit: Forgot to mention - on the Liberty July 17!

Edited by GoSpurs11

Quick question about drink package prices for those on board right now

What is the price for a Premium Package they are advertising onboard? Does that include gratuities?

Did they offer a discounted Ultimate Package at anytime during the cruise?

Thanks and have a great time!

Quick question about drink package prices.

What is the price for a Premium Package they are advertising onboard? Does that include gratuities?

Did they offer a discounted Ultimate Package at anytime during the cruise? !

I am not on board, but know this answer... Drink packages are the same price pre purchased online or on the ship. Never offer discounts. The price quoted does not include gratuites. Add 18% to the total...

I am not on board, but know this answer... Drink packages are the same price pre purchased online or on the ship. Never offer discounts. The price quoted does not include gratuites. Add 18% to the total...

There has been some recent posts that there has been diamond and diamond plus discounts on the ship

Thanks Lynn

That is about what I figured but there is a lot of contrary comments on other threads about higher charges on board versus prebuying.

I also saw comments about coupons or discount prices on the Ultimate packages - one can only hope

Spent some time in GC over the Christmas holiday and we read a few newspaper articles in the local paper debating the merits of adding a dock to alleviate this kind of situation in the future (not to mention the general hassle of having to tender even in calm weather).

Basically it's 'environmentalists' vs. 'merchants': https://www.caymancompass.com/2015/07/30/the-dock-debate/

Environmentalists argue that adding a dock will damage or destroy some parts of the reef around the island.

Merchants obviously want it to be as easy for cruise ships to get their passengers aboard as possible.

I don't imagine this is a debate that will be solved any time soon.

Edit: Forgot to mention - on the Liberty July 17!

Thanks for posting this article. Having spent a good deal of time on Grand Cayman I suspect that there are several groups vying for where a pier would be built. A pier does wonders for property values and there are some powerful business and landowners on Cayman. If a business consortium emerges the environmental issues will become negligible, just like in Cozumel.