Live on the Liberty

djh

I know it's a longshot at this point, since I've seen no mention if it, but if you happen to overhear anyone talking about getting a virtual balcony in their inside room I'd love to hear about it. I'll have an inside on deck 10 in April.

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to post for the many of us curious about the new features!

I wondered because while I am in a suite and am not even diamond I only have access to the suite lounge. Diamond Plus can go in either lounge as well as get 3 drinks on their cards. If it is as crowded as stated we will really be out of luck only being a suite guest. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree, and I should be diamond plus in a few more cruises, but I think if you book a suite you should be able to get a seat in the suite lounge, RCCL is supposed to be increasing suite benifits

We got the same "benefits" email today. If the diamond lounge is as crowded as we have heard, they may want to open the suite lounge to their best (most loyal) guests... How much have diamond plus guests spent over their history - vs - how much a suite guest spends once??? They will (should) take care of the ones that have taken care of them...

When someone sailing in the Royal Suite at $14,000 a week complains about not getting a seat in the lounge you can easily imagine how Miami will react. If the Liberty follows the suite lounge protocol of the Oasis class they will open the suite lounge to their best (most loyal) guests, the pinnacles..

Good evening. Perfect storm opened today but Tidal Wave was still being tested by crew and contract employees. Unsure if it will be open tomorrow. Someone asked and I forgot to post, lounge hours are the same 4:30 - 8 pm. We attempted three different times this evening to find a seat in the suite lounge but never could. People in suites are understandably getting a little irritated because it's frustrating to never find a place to sit. They need to change the name from "suite lounge" if that is not what it is. That being said, the outdoor area to the lounge will be opening next week and that could help the seating problem. Also, if someone from Miami would actually look at the space, they could add much more seating than they have now without feeling crowded. There are 286 passengers allowed to use the lounge on this cruise and seating for maybe 50 people. That just doesn't work.

Wonderful cruise, great weather, hard working crew.

My only other real negative is the elevator situation. The elevators have always been a bit of a problem on this ship and since there are only four elevators going to deck 14, (or 3 because one has been out of service since day 1) it now takes even longer to get there. You will sometimes wait a good ten minutes to be able to actually get in an elevator, due to Diamond, D+, pinnacles and suite guests all having lounges up there.

Have a great night. Debbie

Good morning. Today is the day the slides are supposed to open. We shall see if that happens. No one has been allowed back there to sneak pics yet but there is an interesting story about the slides. My BIL was talking to one of the engineers yesterday and they were discussing the weight of the slides. The engineer said that Liberty (and Freedom when it gets its slides) will never go to Europe because all of the extra weight causes more strain on the engines and they don't want the engines breaking down on a TA. My question is, does this make the ship much more top heavy and how will that affect its performance in rough seas? I guess we shall see ( but hopefully not on this cruise, lol.

The slides add weight, but I doubt that it is enough to make a big difference. Besides, both the Freedom and Liberty have had cabins added to the front of the ship which will keep the front to rear weight in balance.

I don't think that's company policy. We just got an email from Royal telling us about our benefits for next week's Liberty cruise. It says we can use the Diamond Lounge plus 3 drink vouchers. No mention of Suite Lounge. Nothing is ever consistent from ship to ship, or cruise to cruise on the same ship for that matter.

I wonder if the Suite Lounge on Liberty is REALLY a suite lounge, or maybe they'll switch back to Concierge Lounge :rolleyes:

The RCL web-site for the Liberty states "Suite Lounge for Grand Suites guests and above". This is the exact wording shown for Allure and Oasis Suites Lounge and this policy is strictly enforced as only gold card holders have access.

I am so glad that I am not Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle, Suite Cabins so that I don't have to "worry" about where I can sit and have a drink. I have the whole ship to sit and have my drink or not have my drink. No worries for me. :)

The RCL web-site for the Liberty states "Suite Lounge for Grand Suites guests and above". This is the exact wording shown for Allure and Oasis Suites Lounge and this policy is strictly enforced as only gold card holders have access.

Royal's website is known for it's inaccuracies.

I was a bit set back by this wording as Pinnacles also have gold cards. They weren't, however, specifically included in these particular narratives. On another recent thread someone posted a RCCL document that clearly stated that pinnacles had access to the suite lounge. On the Oasis class the suite lounge is treated as a gold card lounge. No telling what will happen on the Liberty.

Edited by Don Pedro

Good morning. Today is the day the slides are supposed to open. We shall see if that happens. No one has been allowed back there to sneak pics yet but there is an interesting story about the slides. My BIL was talking to one of the engineers yesterday and they were discussing the weight of the slides. The engineer said that Liberty (and Freedom when it gets its slides) will never go to Europe because all of the extra weight causes more strain on the engines and they don't want the engines breaking down on a TA. My question is, does this make the ship much more top heavy and how will that affect its performance in rough seas? I guess we shall see ( but hopefully not on this cruise, lol.

To answer the questions about the mattress. The mattress is curved and the frame is curved but they do not have the same curvature so they don't fit nicely.

Suite lounge question. Diamond plus passengers will be allowed in the suite lounge according to Carlos. This came from corporate and it isn't likely to change soon. At 4:30 yesterday we attempted to go up and get a drink and the lounge was completely full with no seats available. We left and came back at 6 pm, same situation. There is room for a lot more chairs but Carlos said there aren't any plans to add more seating. I think that will have to change if this is the new norm.

Went to chefs table last night. Fantastic experience. More on that and other updates later.

Debbie[/quote

Interesting discussion with the engineer. Thanks for sharing.

Im going to call B.S. on this no way Royal would limit a ship to a sole destination as you cannot fully predict market trends, if there is a need for more in ships in europe they will go or anywhere else their going to make the most profilt.

Also those slides and pillars are aluminum no way they added so much weight it would hinder the engines.

A tiny bit off topic.... I will be on Liberty in Sept (I know.... A long way off).... But I was actually wondering about the terminal.... Have they completed the new terminal? Are they still utilizing tents? How was embarkation? I'd also like to hear about the debark experience after that occurs... Galveston can be such a nightmare getting on & off the ships. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When we go to Diamond Lounge, we are there when it opens, that's the only time we've been able to get in...but we're not worried, we'll just sit at Bolero's and have our 3 free drinks there.

I would rather sit someplace like Bolero's since they have live music most of the night and diamond and suite lounges do not

When we go to Diamond Lounge, we are there when it opens, that's the only time we've been able to get in...but we're not worried, we'll just sit at Bolero's and have our 3 free drinks there.

I don't recall ever seeing the Diamond Lounge closed.

Im going to call B.S. on this no way Royal would limit a ship to a sole destination as you cannot fully predict market trends, if there is a need for more in ships in europe they will go or anywhere else their going to make the most profilt.

Also those slides and pillars are aluminum no way they added so much weight it would hinder the engines.

I did say it was a story, we shall see if that really happens. The superstructure for the slides is quite impressive. My husband has been in the steel fabrication business for 40 years and he says that the majority of the superstructure is indeed steel, thus adding quite a bit of weight.

Check in at Galveston. Extremely easy BUT there was nobody disembarking the ship. New terminal should be done before you leave in September. I'll try to remember to ask when we disembark.

I was wrong about the seating in the suite lounge. There is seating for less than forty. We are there now and even though we are in port and its 11 am, there are probably thirty people in here.

Check in at Galveston. Extremely easy BUT there was nobody disembarking the ship. New terminal should be done before you leave in September. I'll try to remember to ask when we disembark.

Thanks for getting back right away! I was hoping for a little more info tho.... Yes, it "should" be ready by Sept..... But I am curious as to where exactly are they now? Still using tents to handle the overflow of passengers? Can you see any progress on the terminal building itself? We go down often & have yet to see anything but dirt being moved around... Tents w/ac were used in the fall.... Just wondering IF there has been any progress....

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

agreed