Live on the Liberty

djh

I'll try to answer these in the same order. New mattress in our room, a GS. I know it's new because it doesn't fit the bed frame. I'm waiting to bang my leg on it, lol. It it very firm but I wouldn't call it hard as a rock.

Does it not fit the bed because the bed frame is curved at the bottom, and the mattress is rectangle? I'd love to hear if regular cabins have this apparently new mattress because our regular balcony cabin was one of the "rock hard" ones in late Dec 2015 and anything new and different would have to be an improvement!

Do regular cabins balcony cabins still have the regular chairs that don't recline and the small, low table? I was hoping that they'd upgrade those to the reclining chairs and taller, larger table that was on Navigator.

Has the location of reserved pool seating changed for holders of gold cards?

Pics?

Also were they offering C&A discounts on the drink packages?

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH

Good morning. Today is the day the slides are supposed to open. We shall see if that happens. No one has been allowed back there to sneak pics yet but there is an interesting story about the slides. My BIL was talking to one of the engineers yesterday and they were discussing the weight of the slides. The engineer said that Liberty (and Freedom when it gets its slides) will never go to Europe because all of the extra weight causes more strain on the engines and they don't want the engines breaking down on a TA. My question is, does this make the ship much more top heavy and how will that affect its performance in rough seas? I guess we shall see ( but hopefully not on this cruise, lol.

To answer the questions about the mattress. The mattress is curved and the frame is curved but they do not have the same curvature so they don't fit nicely.

Suite lounge question. Diamond plus passengers will be allowed in the suite lounge according to Carlos. This came from corporate and it isn't likely to change soon. At 4:30 yesterday we attempted to go up and get a drink and the lounge was completely full with no seats available. We left and came back at 6 pm, same situation. There is room for a lot more chairs but Carlos said there aren't any plans to add more seating. I think that will have to change if this is the new norm.

Went to chefs table last night. Fantastic experience. More on that and other updates later.

Debbie

Edited by djh

The FloRider looks like a good way to rupture everything I'm attached to or at least to break a few bones. All 300 pounds of me is looking at those slides and thinking all those little kids better get out of the way - I'm coming down!

Did Navigator, when in Galveston, have Diamond Plus in concierge lounge as well or just Pinnacles?

Navigator had (and still does have) a Concierge Lounge with access for full suite guests, D+, and Pinnacle members.

yes, Diamond plus were included , at times we could not find a seat

Ok, thanks. We did OK the end of last August but we did My Time Dining and maybe missed the busier times in the lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning. Today is the day the slides are supposed to open. We shall see if that happens. No one has been allowed back there to sneak pics yet but there is an interesting story about the slides. My BIL was talking to one of the engineers yesterday and they were discussing the weight of the slides. The engineer said that Liberty (and Freedom when it gets its slides) will never go to Europe because all of the extra weight causes more strain on the engines and they don't want the engines breaking down on a TA. My question is, does this make the ship much more top heavy and how will that affect its performance in rough seas? I guess we shall see ( but hopefully not on this cruise, lol.

To answer the questions about the mattress. The mattress is curved and the frame is curved but they do not have the same curvature so they don't fit nicely.

Suite lounge question. Diamond plus passengers will be allowed in the suite lounge according to Carlos. This came from corporate and it isn't likely to change soon. At 4:30 yesterday we attempted to go up and get a drink and the lounge was completely full with no seats available. We left and came back at 6 pm, same situation. There is room for a lot more chairs but Carlos said there aren't any plans to add more seating. I think that will have to change if this is the new norm.

Went to chefs table last night. Fantastic experience. More on that and other updates later.

Debbie[/quote

Interesting discussion with the engineer. Thanks for sharing.

I will be on the valentine's cruise, im taking my gopro and will be making a video of the slides and other stuff. If I can figure out upload on you tube. I will post video on there and will let everyone know how to search.

Could you also take pictures of the cruise compasses? I'll be on the same itinerary in April and would like to see how they are likely to do show times.

Edited by DM_KidAtHeart

Debbie

Hope to see some photos of the slide rules and restrictions. Some people are curious. :)

Debbie[/quote

Interesting discussion with the engineer. Thanks for sharing.

Really surprised diamond plus can use suite lounge, some of the suite people do not have access to diamond lounge, not a major issue for us, since we are diamond and also will have drink package.

Really surprised diamond plus can use suite lounge, some of the suite people do not have access to diamond lounge, not a major issue for us, since we are diamond and also will have drink package.

I don't think that's company policy. We just got an email from Royal telling us about our benefits for next week's Liberty cruise. It says we can use the Diamond Lounge plus 3 drink vouchers. No mention of Suite Lounge. Nothing is ever consistent from ship to ship, or cruise to cruise on the same ship for that matter.

It may change, we will have to see.

I have really enjoyed getting your information on the Liberty, thank you for all your time.Are there many teens aboard? Do you know what kind of activities they heve for them. Also, do you know what the men's sauna is like? Do you have to pay for the spa, or is it open to all?

I have really enjoyed getting your information on the Liberty, thank you for all your time.Are there many teens aboard? Do you know what kind of activities they heve for them. Also, do you know what the men's sauna is like? Do you have to pay for the spa, or is it open to all?

There are separate men's and womens's sauna and steamrooms, no extra charge.

I don't think that's company policy. We just got an email from Royal telling us about our benefits for next week's Liberty cruise. It says we can use the Diamond Lounge plus 3 drink vouchers. No mention of Suite Lounge. Nothing is ever consistent from ship to ship, or cruise to cruise on the same ship for that matter.

We got the same "benefits" email today. If the diamond lounge is as crowded as we have heard, they may want to open the suite lounge to their best (most loyal) guests... How much have diamond plus guests spent over their history - vs - how much a suite guest spends once??? They will (should) take care of the ones that have taken care of them...

We got the same "benefits" email today. If the diamond lounge is as crowded as we have heard, they may want to open the suite lounge to their best (most loyal) guests... How much have diamond plus guests spent over their history - vs - how much a suite guest spends once??? They will (should) take care of the ones that have taken care of them...

We may think that, but Royal is interested in cultivating new cruisers who tend to spend more while on board. What we spent to gain C&A status is in the past. They are looking to future revenues, and building up suite guest benefits is part of that. I really don't think we will normally be allowed in suite lounges. After all, they renamed it from Concierge Lounge for a reason. They also have a separate restaurant for suite guests and will be giving them many more benefits. Titanic, anyone? :rolleyes:

I wondered because while I am in a suite and am not even diamond I only have access to the suite lounge. Diamond Plus can go in either lounge as well as get 3 drinks on their cards. If it is as crowded as stated we will really be out of luck only being a suite guest. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't assume suite passengers are one time cruisers. We are D+ and book suites. We meet many repeat cruisers in the concierge and suite lounges.

Yes it will be interesting to see if the D+ remain in the SL for any length of time on Liberty. If so, it will be the only ship allowing them. Still finding it strange that they are making Liberty different than Freedom and Indy. It's just going to cause more confusion.