Live on the Liberty

djh

Good afternoon from Cozumel. It's a beautiful day, warm with a cool wind making it extremely pleasant. To answer some questions, yes, lobster night (formal) is on Thursday. The lobster was good, the prime rib was not.

For the people that asked about the drink punch card, it was offered today. In November on this ship it wasn't offered until Friday. The cost is $67 for ten drinks from the ultimate selection max $12 value. It can be shared with others.

The water slides are open in port, Tidal Wave still has not opened to the public. Lots of test runs. I think they must be having water pressure issues. When I was watching it on Tuesday, it seemed to be slamming people into the wall pretty hard at the end. I'll try to remember to ask the status of that tomorrow.

I have not forgotten the question about slide rules or Giovanni's at lunch. I haven't found a lunch menu yet and every time I walk back to the slide area, I have forgotten my phone. I do remember that you have to be 48 inches tall to ride it.

I'm curious about others opinions of crew and staff on upcoming cruises. I still for the most part think that they are not as friendly or accommodating as on the Navigator. They might be stressed from changes, overwork etc I don't know. Maybe they just haven't found their groove yet. Our cabin steward is wonderful and to me that's one of the most important things on a cruise.

I don't know if i mentioned that the suites have been totally redone. New curtains, drapes, new upholstery on the sofa bed, carpet and tile in the bathroom. It's very nice. I'll ask our attendant if they only did suites or other rooms for those that want to know.

If I missed any questions please let me know. Internet here is still iffy in my room sometimes but I will try to answer. Wish I could use the voom on the Allure docked next to us!

Debbie

Correction- in November the punch card wasn't offered until day 7, Saturday. I've lost track of my days.

Good afternoon from Cozumel. It's a beautiful day, warm with a cool wind making it extremely pleasant. To answer some questions, yes, lobster night (formal) is on Thursday. The lobster was good, the prime rib was not.

For the people that asked about the drink punch card, it was offered today. In November on this ship it wasn't offered until Friday. The cost is $67 for ten drinks from the ultimate selection max $12 value. It can be shared with others.

The water slides are open in port, Tidal Wave still has not opened to the public. Lots of test runs. I think they must be having water pressure issues. When I was watching it on Tuesday, it seemed to be slamming people into the wall pretty hard at the end. I'll try to remember to ask the status of that tomorrow.

I have not forgotten the question about slide rules or Giovanni's at lunch. I haven't found a lunch menu yet and every time I walk back to the slide area, I have forgotten my phone. I do remember that you have to be 48 inches tall to ride it.

I'm curious about others opinions of crew and staff on upcoming cruises. I still for the most part think that they are not as friendly or accommodating as on the Navigator. They might be stressed from changes, overwork etc I don't know. Maybe they just haven't found their groove yet. Our cabin steward is wonderful and to me that's one of the most important things on a cruise.

I don't know if i mentioned that the suites have been totally redone. New curtains, drapes, new upholstery on the sofa bed, carpet and tile in the bathroom. It's very nice. I'll ask our attendant if they only did suites or other rooms for those that want to know.

If I missed any questions please let me know. Internet here is still iffy in my room sometimes but I will try to answer. Wish I could use the voom on the Allure docked next to us!

Debbie

Thanks for the info. Are you saying the slides aren't open during sea days/time only when docked? Hopefully they get tidal wave working properly soon as well.

Debbie

Debbie has anything been done to alleviate the crowded conditions in the suite lounge or have you heard what access they plan to allow once there is a card reader on the door.

That's awesome about new furnishings in the suites. Yippee! Is the balcony furniture wicker or rattan? Or just the same old same old. We LOVED the nicer option on Oasis.

thanks again for reporting from onboard. Since I never get on a computer while sailing, I am extra appreciative of those that do. VERY kind to think of us landlocked peeps.

Debbie

Yes, I'm definitely interested in whether they redid these things in the regular cabins as our balcony cabin curtains were extremely threadbare when we cruised in Dec and we're hoping it's been re-done for our next cruise in May!

Originally Posted by Gator83 View Post

I am so glad that I am not Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle, Suite Cabins so that I don't have to "worry" about where I can sit and have a drink. I have the whole ship to sit and have my drink or not have my drink. No worries for me.

Agreed!!!

You are right who wants to sit in a nice place and get drinks for free also some nice cold and hot appetizers. and they force us to stay there. Also who wants all the other perks such as discounted cabins etc etc

The perks are nice but what I don't get is why everyone gets so stressed out over them on the boards. :confused:

Edited by J and J

Debbie

Thanks for the update! I'd love to see some pictures of the redone suites. I was hoping the cabins would get the same décor treatment as the Navigator's got.

Yes, I'm definitely interested in whether they redid these things in the regular cabins as our balcony cabin curtains were extremely threadbare when we cruised in Dec and we're hoping it's been re-done for our next cruise in May!

We were on Navigator which was refurbished in 2014 and last year we were next to Liberty and our balcony furniture looked so much nicer than Liberty

We were on Navigator which was refurbished in 2014 and last year we were next to Liberty and our balcony furniture looked so much nicer than Liberty

Yes, I totally agree! I sailed several times on Navigator while it was in Galveston and the balcony furniture was replaced while it was at Galveston (so I saw the old and the new on it). Since the Navigator's wasn't replaced as part of its big refurb, hopefully the Liberty's will also be replaced - and soon.

Edited by mareed

Debbie has anything been done to alleviate the crowded conditions in the suite lounge or have you heard what access they plan to allow once there is a card reader on the door.

As of now, Carlos says no changes are planned. They did add a couple of tables and chairs so it is a little bit better but I think maybe people just got frustrated and didn't come back. I know my brother in law and wife have given up on the suite lounge because he has had recent knee surgery and is uncomfortable standing for a long time. A couple of nights ago, several of the ships officers were in lounge assessing things and I made a comment to one of them that I hoped they would add more chairs. A man came up behind me and said to the officer, " well, I have no complaints, everything is wonderful!" I just looked at him and said, " Yes, but you have a chair!" Maybe not my finest moment but I just couldn't help it. The extra seating appeared the next day.

Test runs would be done by the activities staff.

For once, I'm looking forward to a Monday because hopefully by then the 2/7 cruisers will have had time to post info for us. :)

Yes, some activity staff but also quite a few contract workers that appear to be French, but I might be wrong about their nationality.

That's awesome about new furnishings in the suites. Yippee! Is the balcony furniture wicker or rattan? Or just the same old same old. We LOVED the nicer option on Oasis.

thanks again for reporting from onboard. Since I never get on a computer while sailing, I am extra appreciative of those that do. VERY kind to think of us landlocked peeps.

The furniture on our balcony was new, still had some tags on it. It is that all weather wicker with cushions.

I too am curious about water slides being operated only on port days???

Someone did ask IF, the water slides were open in port, and they said Yes, I see you are the only one that said "operated ONLY on port days" so it looks like they are going to be open everyday in port and sea days, I hope anyway :o

As of now, Carlos says no changes are planned. They did add a couple of tables and chairs so it is a little bit better but I think maybe people just got frustrated and didn't come back. I know my brother in law and wife have given up on the suite lounge because he has had recent knee surgery and is uncomfortable standing for a long time. A couple of nights ago, several of the ships officers were in lounge assessing things and I made a comment to one of them that I hoped they would add more chairs. A man came up behind me and said to the officer, " well, I have no complaints, everything is wonderful!" I just looked at him and said, " Yes, but you have a chair!" Maybe not my finest moment but I just couldn't help it. The extra seating appeared the next day.

Love your comment " Yes, but you have a chair!" , on Navigator we had problems getting chairs in April 2014 but not April 2015, have no idea why, we will be going again this April in GS again, but in 2014 we were invited to Captains table for dinner and that made up for not being able to sit the couple of times, they served some really nice wine at Captains table

I will be in suite 1556 in May, so I am very interested in the suite lounge, how it was departing the ship, I have not made reservations for the speciality restraints thus far hoping the concerige will assist, wanting to look at the menus first. How was the shows, in your opinion is the suite worth the price on this ship? Anything u want to share I would really appreciate. Any new suite perks?

Thank u, Janet Rae

We are sailing for the first time on RCI in April. We'll be in 1538 on deck 10. Did we pick a good one? No Disney cruise and no grandkids this year. I have to say from reading these posts I think we're in for a much different experience.

I've been struggling with the drink packages and dress code. As I'm sure many of you know, Disney is a free for all. I don't drink, my husband will have a couple beers or mixed drinks a day. Which package would you recommend? He usually goes balls to the wall the first day but that's it. That may have been just to numb himself from the screeching kids onboard the Disney ship.

Dress code looks relaxed during the day. But I've seen mixed comments at night. What the heck do I pack/buy? We won't be infringing on anyone's seat in the lounges. But I sure could use your experience in answering my questions.

Thanks in advance for all your magical help! Oops, wrong ship.

We are sailing for the first time on RCI in April. We'll be in 1538 on deck 10. ....

We've been in 1538 on Voyager, which is the same location as on Indy. Liked it, not much noise from above and close to the elevators.

We are sailing for the first time on RCI in April. We'll be in 1538 on deck 10. Did we pick a good one? No Disney cruise and no grandkids this year. I have to say from reading these posts I think we're in for a much different experience.

I've been struggling with the drink packages and dress code. As I'm sure many of you know, Disney is a free for all. I don't drink, my husband will have a couple beers or mixed drinks a day. Which package would you recommend? He usually goes balls to the wall the first day but that's it. That may have been just to numb himself from the screeching kids onboard the Disney ship.

Dress code looks relaxed during the day. But I've seen mixed comments at night. What the heck do I pack/buy? We won't be infringing on anyone's seat in the lounges. But I sure could use your experience in answering my questions.

Thanks in advance for all your magical help! Oops, wrong ship.

Hi Grammy

Most people say that unless you are going to have about 5 drinks a day it isn't worth getting the drink package. If you are husband is only going to have 3 drinks or so then I would say just buy them individually. Regarding dress code: two nights will be formal but some people don't dress that way....if you want to that is great but if you want to wear something not quite so formal then that will be ok too. The other nights are casual and some people wear jeans and a polo or dockers and a polo for men and jeans and a top, capris and a top, etc. for women. Whatever you wore on Disney will be fine on RCCL.

Hope this helps. Have fun!